» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Is the world round or flat? The View cohost is unsure

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/07 at 9:32 am

http://www.thedailybackground.com/2007/09/18/video-the-view-co-host-doesnt-know-if-the-world-is-round-or-flat/

wow... I never thought of the View as having high standards for it's hosts... but um, knowing whether the earth is round or flat shouldn't be rocket science.

normally, this would go in Life on Mars, but they're talking religion at the beginning...

Subject: Re: Is the world round or flat? The View cohost is unsure

Written By: Jessica on 09/19/07 at 9:39 am

I heard about that. I can't watch the video, but from all that I've read, it sounds like she was serious.

Written By: Tia on 09/19/07 at 10:07 am

she's definitely serious. we're all doomed.

a lot of conspiracy theorists on both sides end up here too -- this kind of radical distrust of any declaration that comes from a central authority (unless it’s the church, fellow theorists, whatever) leads them to only believe what their senses perceive and refuse to trust any scientific or commonly accepted statements whatsoeveer...

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/07 at 10:38 am

just think... she's probably seen a globe or two and never been able to figure out what that funny looking ball is.

Written By: lorac61469 on 09/19/07 at 11:44 am

Wow, that's just pathetic.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/19/07 at 12:34 pm

But...but...the world IS flat! I almost fell of the edge once, I swear.

Written By: Tia on 09/19/07 at 1:06 pm

But...but...the world IS flat! I almost fell of the edge once, I swear.
when you start seeing gnomes and dragons and stuff, that’s your sign you’re getting close to the edge of the map.

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/07 at 2:54 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherri_Shepherd

Now she claims now she knows the earth is round and that she was just nervous. Imagine if someone asked her a really tough question

Written By: Tia on 09/19/07 at 3:00 pm

well, i already assume she believes that some dude put two of every animal on a boat a few thousand years ago and that the entire human race is descended from adam and eve’s incestuous offspring so she might as well just go with it. if you believe that stuff, why not believe the world is flat? it’s sorta like living in the matrix, i guess.

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/19/07 at 3:08 pm

:oHoly Horrors!! :o

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/19/07 at 3:43 pm

She needs to be wearing shoulder pads so she doesn't hurt her head as she said, "I donno".

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 09/19/07 at 4:34 pm

"Drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drome; time for zis one to come home."

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/19/07 at 5:11 pm

well, i already assume she believes that some dude put two of every animal on a boat a few thousand years ago and that the entire human race is descended from adam and eve’s incestuous offspring so she might as well just go with it. if you believe that stuff, why not believe the world is flat? it’s sorta like living in the matrix, i guess.

Wait a minute! I believe all that and i know the world is round,because God has a sense of humor and thought it would be funny to mess around with us.

Now...how did the Big Bang happened: God said "bang" and it happened! Duh ::)

Written By: Marian on 09/20/07 at 1:21 pm

Wait a minute! I believe all that and i know the world is round,because God has a sense of humor and thought it would be funny to mess around with us.

Now...how did the Big Bang happened: God said "bang" and it happened! Duh ::)
;)

Written By: Red Ant on 09/20/07 at 2:23 pm

The world is flat because she sat on it!  ;D

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/20/07 at 5:01 pm

The world is flat because she sat on it!  ;D

Ant

BAD! BAD!!  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 09/20/07 at 5:29 pm

well at least she did say one good thing...she and her son have got to go to the library!  ;D  THEY'LL know the answer!  :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/20/07 at 6:41 pm

just think... she's probably seen a globe or two and never been able to figure out what that funny looking ball is.

The Earth is flat.  That's why a map is flat. A globe doesn't mean squat; it's just a ball with a map wrapped around it.  What about photographs from space?  The planet only appears spherical due to a trick of light and water vapor.  Is the moon round?  Yes.  Why?  Because it's made of cheese.  Don't let anybody tell you we went to the moon.  You can't get out of low orbit (or flatbit) because space rays will cook you.  The lunar program was just a ruse to funnel more taxpayer dollars into the Vietnam war. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

http://www.123posters.com/images/original/D0007.jpg

Written By: Foo Bar on 09/20/07 at 8:39 pm

a lot of conspiracy theorists on both sides end up here too -- this kind of radical distrust of any declaration that comes from a central authority (unless it’s the church, fellow theorists, whatever) leads them to only believe what their senses perceive and refuse to trust any scientific or commonly accepted statements whatsoeveer...

And this "View" thing is yet more proof.  The only conspiracy worth believing in is the one that suggests Idiocracy was a satire, and not a documentary that fell 500 years backwards in time.

The Earth, much like the View's commentators and most of their target audience, is an oblate spheroid.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/21/07 at 9:19 am

And this "View" thing is yet more proof.  The only conspiracy worth believing in is the one that suggests Idiocracy was a satire, and not a documentary that fell 500 years backwards in time.

The Earth, much like the View's commentators and most of their target audience, is an oblate spheroid.

If you watch the View, you don't deserve to know the shape of that planet!
:D

Written By: whistledog on 09/21/07 at 9:35 am

If the world was flat, then what would "around the world" mean ?

I think Mrs. Shepherd is just confused and doesn't know what the hell she is saying.  She co-starred on two popular sit coms that are now cancelled, so it looks like she's on her way to becoming a B-List celebrity, not that she was ever on the A-List anyway LOL

Check for new replies or respond here...