» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Phil Spector Mistrial

Written By: danootaandme on 09/26/07 at 5:51 pm

So where is the media?  Where is the OJ outrage?  Can anyone out there tell me the difference here besides(dare I say it)  the color of his skin?

Subject: Re: Phil Spector Mistrial

Written By: Red Ant on 09/26/07 at 6:15 pm

So where is the media?  Where is the OJ outrage?  Can anyone out there tell me the difference here besides(dare I say it)  the color of his skin?

It's a mistrial, not a guilty or not guilty verdict. He can and probably will be tried again. I'm sure when he's found guilty the media will flock to it.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/26/07 at 6:35 pm

I've made my feelings known about Phith Spector. 

He was as great a record producr as OJ was a football player, and he's the same kind of violent sociopath. 

I think Philth did it.  The death does not fit the profile of a suicide at all, and Philth has a history of waving guns around and firing them.

The difference in coverage?  It might have something to do with skin color.  However, OJ had much greater celebrity than Spector.  It's like night and day. Only music geeks like me really care who produced a hit song and how the producer made it great.  Football on the other hand...

A generation of young men tried to imitate OJ's moves on the football grid.  OJ was big news.  Guys at every bar rooted for OJ over beer and pretzels. 

Spector also was a committed recluse for the past 35 years.  OJ made TV commercials and showed up in movies.  The bigger the celebrity the bigger the celebrity news. 

Keifer Southerland got busted for DUI the other night.  They mentioned it on the news.  Compare that, however, to the coverage when Britney or Lindsey gets busted for DUI!

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/27/07 at 10:37 am

I think the OJ's case was higher profile because we were all dragged into the drama with a high speed car chase.  We were right there in on the action!

Anyway,
I don't think there are too many people who believe Phil Spector is innocent and the law is not done with him just yet.  I think he'll get what he deserves (unlike OJ, that smug bastard, who had a whole "OJ is innocent" contingent).

Written By: Mushroom on 09/27/07 at 1:18 pm

I think the OJ's case was higher profile because we were all dragged into the drama with a high speed car chase.  We were right there in on the action!

Anyway,
I don't think there are too many people who believe Phil Spector is innocent and the law is not done with him just yet.  I think he'll get what he deserves (unlike OJ, that smug bastard, who had a whole "OJ is innocent" contingent).

Not to mention the extreme violence involved in the double murder that OJ was accused of.  Phil's coverage is about the same as that of Bobby Blake.  A double murder by knife (including an almost decapitation) is always more sensational then a simple shooting.

Of course, Phil will probably be retried, and I am pretty sure that he will get off too.  Money and Fame are often used to avoid (or greatly reduce) jail time.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/27/07 at 9:21 pm

Remember the Long Island Railroad killer, Colin Ferguson?  He just sat there with the thousand yard stare the whole time.  OJ did the same thing.  It's the stone-cold sociopath demeanor.

Spector's pathology is a little harder to gauge.  I'd say it's more narcissism and anti-social personality disorder, but I'm no shrink.

Check for new replies or respond here...