» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Cindy Sheehan

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/03/07 at 11:51 am

She's supposed to be trying to run against Pelosi because the President didn't get impeached.

What are the many reasons why we should impeach Bush, Cheny, Ashcroft, and Rice? Or when his term is due, should we put them up on trial?

Subject: Re: Cindy Sheehan

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/03/07 at 11:55 am

Can she really defeat Nancy?  Doubtful, but hey more power to her.

As for impeaching Bush, I think it's best to start with impeaching Cheney. (It's probably easier)  then Bush.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/03/07 at 5:08 pm

She's supposed to be trying to run against Pelosi because the President didn't get impeached.

What are the many reasons why we should impeach Bush, Cheny, Ashcroft, and Rice? Or when his term is due, should we put them up on trial?

Impeaching Bush will never happen.  Besides, you'd need to impeach Cheney first.  Having Dick as president would be scary as hell.

Anyway, Sheehan has no chance at winning against Pelosi.  She won her last election by like a total of 80% of the vote.  Even if Pelosi lost a third of her votes, she'd still win by a large margin.

Besides...  Sheehan is an embarassment to the Left, and even considering how liberal San Francisco is, they'd never elect her to office.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/07 at 6:56 am

I don't feel embarrasment in regards to Sheehan, I am not sure what, not pity, but I do consider her circumstance and how she has been used and abused.  I think she is best left alone.

Written By: Tia on 10/04/07 at 7:44 am

Impeaching Bush will never happen.  Besides, you'd need to impeach Cheney first.  Having Dick as president would be scary as hell.

Anyway, Sheehan has no chance at winning against Pelosi.  She won her last election by like a total of 80% of the vote.  Even if Pelosi lost a third of her votes, she'd still win by a large margin.

Besides...  Sheehan is an embarassment to the Left, and even considering how liberal San Francisco is, they'd never elect her to office.
sheehan is a mixed bag but at the same time, i think we need to move on from this idea that impeachment is off the table. i was reading this in the paper this morning

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/03/AR2007100302646.html?hpid=topnews

and the fact that the bush administration has not only lied about the reasons for war but have also sent these guys over and evidently given them complete carte blanche to do whatever they want without being accountable to any kind of law or oversight, i don't know about "high crimes and misdemeanors" but this just HAS to be illegal, i'm sorry. way worse than burglarizing opposing party headquarters, in fact, when you think about it. seems to me even people who woulda let nixon off the hook should be clamoring for the impeachment of this current lot -- if not to punish them then at least to demonstrate, for the health of the nation as a whole, that this kind of garbage just cant be tolerated any longer. if we DON'T impeach them but just say, oh, it's okay, we'll just vote them out of office, aren't we implying that this sort of thing is okay? i mean, not the sort of policy we'd prefer but within the bounds of the acceptable? which it most decidedly is not?

Written By: philbo on 10/04/07 at 11:34 am

sheehan is a mixed bag but at the same time, i think we need to move on from this idea that impeachment is off the table. i was reading this in the paper this morning

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/03/AR2007100302646.html?hpid=topnews

and the fact that the bush administration has not only lied about the reasons for war but have also sent these guys over and evidently given them complete carte blanche to do whatever they want without being accountable to any kind of law or oversight, i don't know about "high crimes and misdemeanors" but this just HAS to be illegal, i'm sorry. way worse than burglarizing opposing party headquarters, in fact, when you think about it. seems to me even people who woulda let nixon off the hook should be clamoring for the impeachment of this current lot -- if not to punish them then at least to demonstrate, for the health of the nation as a whole, that this kind of garbage just cant be tolerated any longer. if we DON'T impeach them but just say, oh, it's okay, we'll just vote them out of office, aren't we implying that this sort of thing is okay? i mean, not the sort of policy we'd prefer but within the bounds of the acceptable? which it most decidedly is not?

It does seem that the implication of the immunity from prosecution granted to these trigger-happy Blackwater maniacs is that the administration considers an American's right to freedom from prosecution ranks higher than an Iraqi's life... I was so sickened reading that article, I couldn't finish it.

You'd have to ask: in what way are these guys better than the terrorists that there's supposed to be a war against?

Written By: Tia on 10/04/07 at 11:49 am

You'd have to ask: in what way are these guys better than the terrorists that there's supposed to be a war against?
i don't have to ask, because the answer is obviously... in no way whatsoever. ::) hell, at least the terrorists have a retarded and misguided religious ideal they're pursuing, however insane. these blackwater idgits just seem to be running around "wilding" and having a good time doing their target practice thing.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/04/07 at 6:16 pm

Let me put it this way....  It's easier to enter the impeachment process over a BJ than over lying.  Sex scandals seem to get more of a reaction out of the public and Congress itself than war-related corruption.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/07 at 7:32 pm

Fuhget about it Cindy...

We're the Pelosi Generation!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pepsi.gif

:-\\

Written By: Tia on 10/04/07 at 10:21 pm

Let me put it this way....  It's easier to enter the impeachment process over a BJ than over lying.  Sex scandals seem to get more of a reaction out of the public and Congress itself than war-related corruption.
after reading that effin' article in the post today about the blackwater massacre that just happened i realized, getting some social reality testing based on my various online rants, that i'm just not capable of discussing this issue for the time being. i am SO. PISSED. OFF. at the bushies and all them characters it's making my eyes cross.

it's funny, when people talk about how we can't impeachbush they always say, the republicans used the impeachment process frivolously and we don't want to repeat that mistake. which makes me think, okay, step 1: when you're out of power, impeach the president frivolously, then, step 2: when your party returns to power, commit a string of the most impeachable offenses in american history, secure in the knowledge that because of your own frivolous gaming of the impeachment process the opposition party will be chastened and refuse to avail themselves of the option. it's really quite brilliant, they couldn't have dont it better if they'd planned it that way.

Written By: La Roche on 10/04/07 at 10:23 pm

it's funny, when people talk about how we can't impeachbush they always say, the republicans used the impeachment process frivolously and we don't want to repeat that mistake. which makes me think, okay, step 1: when you're out of power, impeach the president frivolously, then, step 2: when your party returns to power, commit a string of the most impeachable offenses in american history, secure in the knowledge that because of your own frivolous gaming of the impeachment process the opposition party will be chastened and refuse to avail themselves of the option. it's really quite brilliant, they couldn't have dont it better if they'd planned it that way.

It's like being really good at a several trillion dollar video game.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/07 at 12:11 am

after reading that effin' article in the post today about the blackwater massacre that just happened i realized, getting some social reality testing based on my various online rants, that i'm just not capable of discussing this issue for the time being. i am SO. PISSED. OFF. at the bushies and all them characters it's making my eyes cross.

Well, it's like some lawsuits.  The side that comes to its senses first loses.

Still, I'd rather lose with dignity than win without it....

Check for new replies or respond here...