» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Worst President Ever

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/04/07 at 10:02 am

According to you (yes, you.) Who's the worst president that walked on the face of the earth?

Mine is Nixon. First, he told us that we won't be in Vietnam, but for 4 years he left them there and it wasn't until his 2nd term that he took them out. Second, Nixon opened up trades to China and now we have lead paint problems because of this. Third, Watergate, 'nuff said.

My second-worse would be Harding because he had the Teapot Dome Scandal and also had his own people control the White House.

My third-worse is Clinton, yes Clinton. Don't tell me that he lied only by blowing Monica! It all started since 1994 and it bit Clinton in the ass in 1998.

The most corrupt would be Grant, then Harding, then Nixon, then Bush. Bush to me is a scapegoat, the real corrupters are Cheny, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and Rice.

Subject: Re: Worst President Ever

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/04/07 at 10:07 am

I was never too fond of Polk.  Grant was a push-over. (More than corrupt)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/07 at 2:11 pm

Is this a trick question?

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/07 at 4:10 pm

Grant wasn't corrupt, he was inept., Harding too.  Both were inept and oblivious to what was going on.  Clinton?  So what if he was getiing it with Monica.  If that makes him a bad President than you have a long line of bad Presidents.  It isn't like he bought and sold people in slavery, or took a teenage slave to his bed when he was in his 30s, I could go on and on with that line.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 10/04/07 at 5:50 pm

Probably any of the President's that served in the 1850's. Millard Fillmore, Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, take your pick :P

Written By: Macphisto on 10/04/07 at 6:05 pm

Andrew Johnson -- a weak leader and a racist.

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/04/07 at 7:15 pm

So lying about "blowing" some chick is worse for America than lying about Iraq?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/07 at 7:27 pm

George W. Bush.

Hear me now and believe me later!

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/04/07 at 8:39 pm

According to you (yes, you.) Who's the worst president that walked on the face of the earth?

Mine is Nixon. First, he told us that we won't be in Vietnam, but for 4 years he left them there and it wasn't until his 2nd term that he took them out. Second, Nixon opened up trades to China and now we have lead paint problems because of this. Third, Watergate, 'nuff said.

My second-worse would be Harding because he had the Teapot Dome Scandal and also had his own people control the White House.

My third-worse is Clinton, yes Clinton. Don't tell me that he lied only by blowing Monica! It all started since 1994 and it bit Clinton in the ass in 1998.

The most corrupt would be Grant, then Harding, then Nixon, then Bush. Bush to me is a scapegoat, the real corrupters are Cheny, Ashcroft, Rumsfeld, and Rice.

Oh for once i thought... look a political thread not about the USA, what was i thinking ::)

In democracy,you get the president you deserve,it works like that,right?

Written By: McDonald on 10/04/07 at 11:53 pm

George W. Bush.

Dude, 100% with you on that. He disgusts me so much that I don't even want to talk about it anymore. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Written By: whistledog on 10/05/07 at 12:12 am

This might sound wrong, but here goes ...

George W. is definately the worst president ever, but who am I to complain.  All the money he spent on the war in iraq caused the CDN dollar to rise above the US Dollar.  So if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna head to NY State and do some serious shopping :P

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/05/07 at 1:41 pm

I saw a special on television once that asked this question; "who was the worst of the 43 U.S. Presidents?" 

They had Grant as the worst president in American history, and Buchanan as the second to worst.  I can't remember the list from there.

Written By: nally on 10/05/07 at 1:42 pm

George W. Bush.

Same here! Of course, my opinion is biased because I don't know much about some of the other presidents.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 1:50 pm

Same here! Of course, my opinion is biased because I don't know much about some of the other presidents.

That's okay, I have a president book and like I said, the reason why I dislike Nixon the most was not only Watergate, but China.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/05/07 at 2:18 pm

I saw a special on television once that asked this question; "who was the worst of the 43 U.S. Presidents?" 

They had Grant as the worst president in American history, and Buchanan as the second to worst.  I can't remember the list from there.

Buchanan was perhaps the most brilliant attorney ever to come out an American law school.  He was never really meant to go any farther in politics than a congressman.

Written By: nally on 10/05/07 at 2:19 pm

That's okay, I have a president book and like I said, the reason why I dislike Nixon the most was not only Watergate, but China.

I wasn't alive when he was president, but I know a lot about him. My parents remember his administration very well, and at the time thought he was the worst president!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/05/07 at 3:11 pm

My parents remember his administration very well, and at the time thought he was the worst president!

People thought Andrew Johnson was the worst at the time.  People thought Herbert Hoover was the worst at the time.  People thought Richard Nixon was the worst at the time.  Some people think Bush is the worst now.

See a pattern?

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/07 at 5:35 pm

True... but for what it's worth, most historians would agree that Andrew Johnson (and LBJ for that matter), Herbert Hoover, and Nixon are still some of the worst presidents we've had.

Bush isn't as bad as any of them, but I have a strong feeling that historians will always see him as one of our less competent presidents as well.  His father was so much better.

Written By: Tia on 10/05/07 at 5:45 pm

nixon had a few decided advantages over bush 43. for one, he was way way WAY smarter. nixon was a very smart dude.

second, he was skilled at diplomacy. smoothed things over quite a bit with china and the soviets and possibly helped set the stage for the eventual thaw of the cold war.

third, he actually instituted price controls at one point! if nixon were governing now, he'd probably be tarred as a liberal. :D don't get me wrong, nixon was a horrible president, but i figure dubya'll go down as even worse. can you imagine anthony hopkins ever playing bush in a movie? will farrell actually captures bush's essence rather effortlessly. :D

http://www.randylittlejohn.com/Worst%20President.jpg

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 7:04 pm

nixon had a few decided advantages over bush 43. for one, he was way way WAY smarter. nixon was a very smart dude.

second, he was skilled at diplomacy. smoothed things over quite a bit with china and the soviets and possibly helped set the stage for the eventual thaw of the cold war.

third, he actually instituted price controls at one point! if nixon were governing now, he'd probably be tarred as a liberal. :D don't get me wrong, nixon was a horrible president, but i figure dubya'll go down as even worse. can you imagine anthony hopkins ever playing bush in a movie? will farrell actually captures bush's essence rather effortlessly. :D

We may or will get worse (And no, I'm not defending Bush!) I believe that they're will be a rapture (I think that's why all the televangelists except Billy Gahram are dropping like flies.) and when the pope sees Jerusalem bulid the temple (Might be Benedict XVI), he'll get envious and America will ask our President to stop him, but he won't be able to do anything. His approval ratings will go so low that there will be corruption and anarchy in America (That God this isn't happening now.) But first, World War III must happen (We're on the verge of a full-scale war, Iraq was the practice ground.) And Iran wants the two hated countries (America and Israel) off the map. They'll have Russia and China be on their side and America would have Britain (and maybe) The European Union to help out. So the ones who see the worst president will be in hell on earth and it will be worse than you can imagine.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/07 at 7:56 pm

The Rapture seems like the strongest argument in favor of posthumously proclaiming John Darby as having been hopelessly insane and/or obsessed.

But boy, did it catch on in places like America....

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/07 at 12:53 pm

Somewhere in Texas, they are missing their village idiot.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 1:24 pm

Somewhere in Texas, they are missing their village idiot.

Cat

Crawford. And if Bush dies, should he have a proper funeral like the Presidents besides Nixon did or should we just throw his corpse in a hole and bury him?

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 1:29 pm

We may or will get worse (And no, I'm not defending Bush!) I believe that they're will be a rapture (I think that's why all the televangelists except Billy Gahram are dropping like flies.) and when the pope sees Jerusalem bulid the temple (Might be Benedict XVI), he'll get envious and America will ask our President to stop him, but he won't be able to do anything. His approval ratings will go so low that there will be corruption and anarchy in America (That God this isn't happening now.) But first, World War III must happen (We're on the verge of a full-scale war, Iraq was the practice ground.) And Iran wants the two hated countries (America and Israel) off the map. They'll have Russia and China be on their side and America would have Britain (and maybe) The European Union to help out. So the ones who see the worst president will be in hell on earth and it will be worse than you can imagine.

.. I'm sorry...

I know... as a nation.. we're supposed to respect other people's opinions, we all have the right, to say what we feel like..

... so I suppose in a way, I'm fully justified in saying what I think here.

This is gonna come across as a bit mean, I just hope you are able to take it.

HOLY S**T! Are you insane? What the f**k?
I mean.. Goddam, what are you Nostra freakin damus or something?

Even if for a moment I could take these deranged ramblings seriously I could spot the numerous critical flaws. First of all Russia has supported the U.S goal of not allowing Iran Nuclear weapons, the Russians put forward a plan where they would assist Iran in developing nuclear reactors for energy but has explicitly said that they have no desire to see Iran gain nuclear weapons. Second of all, the Chinese aren't idiots, they're fully aware that they pose a great enough threat to Russia, India, Japan and the U.S that given half a chance, the 4 said countries would indeed work together to eliminate the Chinese threat.

The 14th century called, they're sick and tired of, feel free to join us here in the year 2007 whenever you feel like it.

Crawford. And if Bush dies, should he have a proper funeral like the Presidents besides Nixon did or should we just throw his corpse in a hole and bury him?

As far as I can tell from your ramblings above, you seem to see him as some sort of messiah, would he not just magically rise up to the sky?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 1:32 pm

.. I'm sorry...

I know... as a nation.. we're supposed to respect other people's opinions, we all have the right, to say what we feel like..

... so I suppose in a way, I'm fully justified in saying what I think here.

This is gonna come across as a bit mean, I just hope you are able to take it.

HOLY S**T! Are you insane? What the f**k?
I mean.. Goddam, what are you Nostra freakin damus or something?

Even if for a moment I could take these deranged ramblings seriously I could spot the numerous critical flaws. First of all Russia has supported the U.S goal of not allowing Iran Nuclear weapons, the Russians put forward a plan where they would assist Iran in developing nuclear reactors for energy but has explicitly said that they have no desire to see Iran gain nuclear weapons. Second of all, the Chinese aren't idiots, they're fully aware that they pose a great enough threat to Russia, India, Japan and the U.S that given half a chance, the 4 said countries would indeed work together to eliminate the Chinese threat.

The 14th century called, they're sick and tired of, feel free to join us here in the year 2007 whenever you feel like it.

As far as I can tell from your ramblings above, you seem to see him as some sort of messiah, would he not just magically rise up to the sky?

There's only one Messiah and what would you do to a Mets fan? >:(

Could someone lock this fudgeing thread before I lose my mind?

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 1:36 pm

There's only one Messiah and what would you do to a Mets fan? >:(

Could someone lock this fudging thread before I lose my mind?

Well I'm very confused.

This could well be because my mind is simply too locked in to it's hard-wired method of 'analyze, reason, conclude' as opposed "BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE!"

So the ones who see the worst president will be in hell on earth and it will be worse than you can imagine.

What exactly was this supposed to mean? To me it seemed to suggest that the President is in fact there to save the ones who see him as a great leader.. and those who don't will suffer dire consequences.

Clearly, it was the will of God for George to steal the election, gather all power around the executive. He obviously knows something we don't, then when fire rains from the sky and the ground opens up he'll take us to salvation.

.. and what would I do to a Met's fan? Laugh, Pondscum blow.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 1:40 pm

Well I'm very confused.

This could well be because my mind is simply too locked in to it's hard-wired method of 'analyze, reason, conclude' as opposed "BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE!"

What exactly was this supposed to mean? To me it seemed to suggest that the President is in fact there to save the ones who see him as a great leader.. and those who don't will suffer dire consequences.

Clearly, it was the will of God for George to steal the election, gather all power around the executive. He obviously knows something we don't, then when fire rains from the sky and the ground opens up he'll take us to salvation.

I'm afraid to say this but...JFK did steal the elections as well. (He had ties with the mafia and Hollywood.) Bush's mafia was his family.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 1:43 pm

I'm afraid to say this but...JFK did steal the elections as well. (He had ties with the mafia and Hollywood.) Bush's mafia was his family.

.. that's, besides the point. I have no love for JFK, although I don't think he needed shooting, I don't think he was a great leader. He was corrupt and a far worse sexual offender than Clinton could ever be called.

But please.. address my previous points, I'm legitimately curious, I'd love to understand what you were trying to say.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 1:47 pm

.. that's, besides the point. I have no love for JFK, although I don't think he needed shooting, I don't think he was a great leader. He was corrupt and a far worse sexual offender than Clinton could ever be called.

But please.. address my previous points, I'm legitimately curious, I'd love to understand what you were trying to say.

To make a long story short...Presidents can be dumbasses.

Does that help? ;)

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 1:53 pm

To make a long story short...Presidents can be dumbasses.

Does that help? ;)

Well.. I suppose in a manner of speaking it does.

But still.. I am legitimately curious as to what your whole spiel was about there. I mean that kind of talk is crazy, to me.. so please, enlighten me as to why you don't think it is.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/07 at 1:56 pm

Well I'm very confused.

Hey, I am a Mets fan.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 2:06 pm

Well.. I suppose in a manner of speaking it does.

But still.. I am legitimately curious as to what your whole spiel was about there. I mean that kind of talk is crazy, to me.. so please, enlighten me as to why you don't think it is.

Maybe I should stop reading those Chick Publication's little booklets.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 2:17 pm

Hey, I am a Mets fan.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

I know.

But I'll still laugh at the pondscum.  ;) ;D

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 2:17 pm

Maybe I should stop reading those Chick Publication's little booklets.

Well, if you like indoctrination I suppose you could continue.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/06/07 at 2:37 pm

I know.

But I'll still laugh at the pondscum.  ;) ;D

Of course I will be laughing when those Yanks get knocked out by the Indians.  ;) :D ;D ;D  Man, I never thought that I would EVER be routing for Cleveland.  :-\\

Sorry to go off topic.

Bush is the worst president EVER!!!

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 7:16 pm

Well, if you like indoctrination I suppose you could continue.

I think I'll stop. Besides, if they had the approval rating in the 1860's, Lincolns' would be low. But hey, maybe we'll get better.

I'm also surprised no one thought of James Earl Carter. He's better with Habitat for Humanity than running a country.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/07 at 1:24 am

I'm also surprised no one thought of James Earl Carter. He's better with Habitat for Humanity than running a country.

Finally, some love for "Never met a leftist dictator I didn't love" (Castro, Kim Jong-Il, Hugo Chavez).  Ah, wage and price controls.  They worked so well in producing fuel shortages in the 70s that Zimbabwe adopted them in the first decade of the 2000s.  Zimbabwe's got a vibrant economy, doesn't it?

Yeah.  Vote cast.  Even if we lose a city or two (not counting New Orleans) to keep his party in power, I'm gonna go with Jimmah Cahtuh, with Dubya as a close second.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/07/07 at 3:27 am

Carter was certainly one of the worst we've had in a while, but Bush has been worse.

Still, neither Carter nor Bush deserve the title of worst president.

That dubious honor is far more deserving of the likes of Andrew Johnson, Buchanan, Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover.

As pathetic as our current system is, at least we can say that we've moved past the Gilded Age and the times when corporate accountability was nonexistent.  Unfortunately, we seem to be moving back towards those times, but there's still hope (albeit a mere glimmer of it...).

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/07/07 at 9:00 am

Carter was certainly one of the worst we've had in a while, but Bush has been worse.

Still, neither Carter nor Bush deserve the title of worst president.

That dubious honor is far more deserving of the likes of Andrew Johnson, Buchanan, Harding, Coolidge, and Hoover.

As pathetic as our current system is, at least we can say that we've moved past the Gilded Age and the times when corporate accountability was nonexistent.  Unfortunately, we seem to be moving back towards those times, but there's still hope (albeit a mere glimmer of it...).

Hoover was pretty bad. :P

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/07/07 at 2:07 pm

Hoover should've been a Professor at Stanford, the school he went to because of his great speeches. But I believe Harding led the path to Hoover and everything went to hell until FDR.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/07/07 at 5:23 pm

Hoover should've been a Professor at Stanford, the school he went to because of his great speeches. But I believe Harding led the path to Hoover and everything went to hell until FDR.

Hoover was a engineer not a politician. . . enough said.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/07/07 at 6:34 pm

Hoover was a engineer not a politician. . . enough said.

Sorry. He should've been an engineer.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/07/07 at 6:37 pm

Sorry. He should've been an engineer.

I'm just saying he should have stuck to designing bridges.  Relax. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/07 at 12:14 am

I'm just saying he should have stuck to designing bridges.  Relax. :)

I thought he invented the vacuum cleaner.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/08/07 at 8:19 am

I thought he invented the vacuum cleaner.

Second cousin on his Father's side, twice removed.  All though I could be wrong.  The Hoovers were a big family. :D

Written By: Tia on 10/08/07 at 8:23 am

i briefly dated a woman years ago whose grandfather was either a bell or a howell, i forget which -- he helped invent the movie projector or something.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/08/07 at 8:37 am

i briefly dated a woman years ago whose grandfather was either a bell or a howell, i forget which -- he helped invent the movie projector or something.

Probably Howell.  Bell was more of a sound guy.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/08/07 at 12:38 pm

Second cousin on his Father's side, twice removed.  All though I could be wrong.  The Hoovers were a big family. :D

Same as the Bush Family. Their distant cousins were Al Gore, John Kerry, and Barack Obama. (I'm not kidding!)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/08/07 at 1:26 pm

Same as the Bush Family. Their distant cousins were Al Gore, John Kerry, and Barack Obama. (I'm not kidding!)

Imagine the Thanksgiving dinners. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/07 at 7:10 pm

Probably Howell.  Bell was more of a sound guy.

Thurston Howell III

Written By: philbo on 10/09/07 at 5:29 am

He sucked, right?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/09/07 at 6:21 pm

He sucked, right?

He was going to have everyone have a car in their garage and chicken in every pot...but we wound up with everyone living in a car and having soup in their pot. Not too exciting there huh?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/09/07 at 9:12 pm

He sucked, right?

You get karma for the bad pun. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...