» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Minorities for Republicans.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/04/07 at 3:56 pm

This never happens unless you're Cuban or from the Middle East. Does it seem to be that way, that the minorities usually vote Democrat? Why? They give them the same bullsheesh like the Republicans do, but they're not exposing it.

Subject: Re: Minorities for Republicans.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/07 at 4:05 pm

This never happens unless you're Cuban or from the Middle East. Does it seem to be that way, that the minorities usually vote Democrat? Why? They give them the same balony like the Republicans do, but they're not exposing it.

The democrats give us baloney, but the repugs don't give us anything but lip

Written By: Macphisto on 10/04/07 at 6:08 pm

This never happens unless you're Cuban or from the Middle East. Does it seem to be that way, that the minorities usually vote Democrat? Why? They give them the same balony like the Republicans do, but they're not exposing it.

A black person once put it like this...  "The Democrats take us for granted, but the Republicans take us for fools...."

Whatever the case, social conservatism isn't exactly something that favors most minorities.  Sure, the religious ones (like the Cubans) seem to be fine with it, but many other minorities realize that a lot of the Religious Right doesn't like immigrants or people who aren't white.  Thankfully, this is starting to change, but it's still more prevalent than you'd expect.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/04/07 at 7:51 pm

The democrats give us baloney, but the repugs don't give us anything but lip

Don't sound kosher to me!  How about that Jewish vote?
???

Written By: danootaandme on 10/05/07 at 10:46 am

Don't sound kosher to me!  How about that Jewish vote?
???

Joe Lieberman, there is some kosher baloney for yuh!

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/07 at 11:21 am

The Republican party is not the most popular party with minorities- I speak specifically for blacks because that's what I know... but I have seen and met black republicans. They are rare but they are out there.

Written By: McDonald on 10/09/07 at 2:20 pm

The Republican party is quite strong amongst Hispanics, and even gaining ground. Sounds totally asinine, I know, but it's true. Anyone ever see one of those 'Viva Bush' bumper stickers?

Written By: snozberries on 10/09/07 at 2:30 pm

The Republican party is quite strong amongst Hispanics, and even gaining ground. Sounds totally asinine, I know, but it's true. Anyone ever see one of those 'Viva Bush' bumper stickers?

I did see one of those... honestly I thought it was about something else  :-[  ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 10/09/07 at 3:47 pm

The Republican party is not the most popular party with minorities- I speak specifically for blacks because that's what I know... but I have seen and met black republicans. They are rare but they are out there.

I grew up in a straight ticket republican family.  I didn't find out until I was in my 20s that my father was a Democrat, I had switched long before that also, but never really said anything. His family wasn't from around here and I grew up around my mothers side.  The repub snub of the African American Forum hasn't helped much.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/07 at 9:30 pm

Well, I'm watching Romney, Thompson, Huckabee et al. on the tube right now, and I don't care what race, color, or creed you are, if you vote for any of these clowns you'd better be religious, 'coz God help you!
8-P

Especially Mitt, what a doojbag!

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/09/07 at 10:33 pm

Well, I'm watching Romney, Thompson, Huckabee et al. on the tube right now, and I don't care what race, color, or creed you are, if you vote for any of these clowns you'd better be religious, 'coz God help you!
8-P

Especially Mitt, what a doojbag!

Sorry, I'm not into Mormons. It's bad enough that I voted for Bush...twice.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/09/07 at 11:28 pm

Sorry, I'm not into Mormons. It's bad enough that I voted for Bush...twice.

Mitt talks like a Momon without the second "M."
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...