» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: George W. Bush...ranked by Truman?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 8:04 am

If it's his approval rating, yes. But in the next 20-30 years he might be prasied despite some people being like Comic Book Guy when he sees Bush on the street and instead of shaking his hand, he just ignores him and says 'Worst President Ever'! (I'm suprised that The Simpsons never did this nor have W on the show.)

Subject: Re: George W. Bush...ranked by Truman?

Written By: La Roche on 10/05/07 at 11:39 am

If it's his approval rating, yes. But in the next 20-30 years he might be prasied despite some people being like Comic Book Guy when he sees Bush on the street and instead of shaking his hand, he just ignores him and says 'Worst President Ever'! (I'm suprised that The Simpsons never did this nor have W on the show.)

I seriously doubt he'll be praised.

His laundry list is longer than any other President. A lot of people don't like Reagan, but you can't argue against the work he did in regard to the Soviet Union and ending the cold war.. Bush however, what do we have to show for his presidency, a national debt that's increased exponentially to a point where it may well never be paid of, a far far more dangerous world to live in, environment policies ripped to shreds, children without adequate medical coverage, the homeless living in boxes on the street as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, anti-American sentiment the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 20's all over the world, fanatical religious groups on both sides of the fence trying to pervert the youth of America, a congress that the citizens of this country have lost all faith in, dictatorships in Saudi Arabia and South east Asia propped up by U.S dollars, a currency devalued to the point where it's barely worth the paper it's printed on, corporate law enabling companies to ship jobs overseas faster than you can say 'Chinese Crib' and an executive branch that has systematically ripped apart the very fabric of the Bill of Rights in it's quest to gain more and more executive power.

No, I think I can safely say that in 20 or 30 years, if somebody saw him walking down the street, they'd punch him in his goddamn nose!

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 2:02 pm

His laundry list is longer than any other President. A lot of people don't like Reagan, but you can't argue against the work he did in regard to the Soviet Union and ending the cold war.. Bush however, what do we have to show for his presidency, a national debt that's increased exponentially to a point where it may well never be paid of, a far far more dangerous world to live in, environment policies ripped to shreds, children without adequate medical coverage, the homeless living in boxes on the street as the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, anti-American sentiment the likes of which hasn't been seen since the 20's all over the world, fanatical religious groups on both sides of the fence trying to pervert the youth of America, a congress that the citizens of this country have lost all faith in, dictatorships in Saudi Arabia and South east Asia propped up by U.S dollars, a currency devalued to the point where it's barely worth the paper it's printed on, corporate law enabling companies to ship jobs overseas faster than you can say 'Chinese Crib' and an executive branch that has systematically ripped apart the very fabric of the Bill of Rights in it's quest to gain more and more executive power.

No, I think I can safely say that in 20 or 30 years, if somebody saw him walking down the street, they'd punch him in his goddamn nose!

Do you think someone will do this to him? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/crucified.gif

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/07 at 5:38 pm

The difference between Truman and Bush is that Truman did many politically unpopular things (like racially integrating the military) for the greater good, while Bush does many unpopular things for the benefit of special interest groups.

I really don't see historians looking back and saying, "Yeah, that Iraq war was a brilliant idea."

Written By: La Roche on 10/05/07 at 10:48 pm

Do you think someone will do this to him? http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/crucified.gif

I sure hope not.

That would give him the credence of a martyr, no, something excessively vile and demeaning hopefully of his own hand. Who knows maybe he'll finally adopt the 'christian' beliefs he spouts so much, see himself as the vile abomination he really is and top himself. I for one would go to the funeral... and clap.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/05/07 at 10:50 pm

Pure Sean Hannity.  You can do better than that.

You are trying to equate a rotten president, Dubya, with a great president, Truman, based on the fact that both were unpopular. 

That doesn't cut ice.  Knock it off.

Oh, and Truman was an advocate of universal healthcare; whereas your boy Dubya fumes like Montgomery Burns at the thought of some children getting a free doctor's office visit. 

Not sure about heaven, I'm beginning to believe in hell, and that Dubya was sent to Earth by Satan to humiliate mankind!

Written By: Green Lantern on 10/05/07 at 11:06 pm

Karma for all the above, Davey. As somebody who likes to shake hands with famous people .... well ... there are a number of notable exceptions ... and George W / our own rotten little 'Johnny Howard' ... who took their people into an unjust war over  'weapons of mass destruction' and have lied to us about so many things then ... unbelievably ... got re-elected ...  ... these are people I'd be scrubbing my hands with disinfectant for months to come if I was captured, tortured, and forced to shake their hands!  >:(

Hopefully, our little Johnny will be voted out very soon .... he's pissed to many people off here over the years ... and it will be a major embarrassment for him should this occur ... as the economy /unemployment levels  are in excellent shape ... so it is very unusual for a party to be voted out with that state of affairs ....

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 12:38 pm

Pure Sean Hannity.  You can do better than that.

You are trying to equate a rotten president, Dubya, with a great president, Truman, based on the fact that both were unpopular. 

That doesn't cut ice.  Knock it off.

Oh, and Truman was an advocate of universal healthcare; whereas your boy Dubya fumes like Montgomery Burns at the thought of some children getting a free doctor's office visit. 

Not sure about heaven, I'm beginning to believe in hell, and that Dubya was sent to Earth by Satan to humiliate mankind!

I didn't rank him there...some people did.

So Dubya's the Charlie Brown, the E.T. video game, the Cleveland of all presidents, eh?

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 12:50 pm

I didn't rank him there...some people did.

So Dubya's the Charlie Brown, the E.T. video game, the Cleveland of all presidents, eh?

He's the goddam Rygar of presidents.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 1:28 pm

He's the goddam Rygar of presidents.

Arcade version or NES version?

But on the bright side, he's better than William Harrison or James Garfield.

And Bush should've been a Texas Congressman next rather a president, but he has more of a soul than Hilary will ever have.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 1:30 pm

Arcade version or NES version?

But on the bright side, he's better than William Harrison or James Garfield.

And Bush should've been a Texas Congressman next rather a president, but he has more of a soul than Hilary will ever have.

Actually, neither of them has a soul, children have souls for the simple purpose of scaring them in to behaving, when you turn 12, you develop basic reasoning skills and lose it.

Bush should have stuck to what he wasn't so great at and kept running the Rangers, it kept him out of trouble.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/06/07 at 3:48 pm

Bush should have stuck to what he wasn't so great at and kept running the Rangers, it kept him out of trouble.

At least his partners knew enough to keep him in liquor, cocaine, and women, and out of the day to day stuff. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 7:13 pm

At least his partners knew enough to keep him in liquor, cocaine, and women, and out of the day to day stuff. 

Maybe that's why we don't like him now. He used to be a Ivy Leauge party-animal and now...he's a square.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 8:34 pm

Maybe that's why we don't like him now. He used to be a Ivy Leauge party-animal and now...he's a square.

... no... No, I have all the time in the world for coked up rich boys, they're fun to party with.. at the same time, I have no issues with squares, they stay in their little environs and I stay in mine.. it's when wants to be the other.. then there's a problem.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/07 at 10:12 pm

He used to get drunk on booze, now he gets drunk on power.

Check for new replies or respond here...