» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 2008 Elections

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 8:14 am

For many people, this year will be a Godsend. For some, they will see the pres go and wishes that he has a good life. And for others...it's just another year.

Who would you want to win for 2008 and why?

I go for Obama because he's favorable for everyone.

And remember this...a very bad President in America can only run for 8 years at most, but a very bad King or Ruler in another country can rule until he dies!

Subject: Re: 2008 Elections

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 10/05/07 at 8:55 am

I'm not American so can't vote. But I'll just pull this one out of my a$$:  :D

Ron Paul (r) vs. Barak Obama (d)

Obama wins by a landslide

Written By: danootaandme on 10/05/07 at 10:15 am

I think Hilary will clinch the nomination, with Obama offered the 2nd position.  I do not know whether or not he will accept that.  The republicans are anyones guess, but they better do something because it isn't looking good.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/05/07 at 10:25 am

President - Bill Richardson

Vice President - Joe Biden

as for Republicans.  Anyone but Brownback or Huckabee or McCain.

Written By: La Roche on 10/05/07 at 11:33 am

It's certainly interesting.

Much as it pains me to say it.. for me, Hilary Clinton is the most viable candidate. None of the Republican candidates are real Republicans, not one of them, the closest is Ron Paul but I'm afraid I don't subscribe to his Libertarian Bulls*it. I do love all the Liberals talking about how wonderful Mr. Paul is without realizing that he's pro-life, pro-gun, and anti-government more than any other candidate in the race. I like him personally but could never vote for him.
Anyway...

Hilary Clinton will get the Democratic nomination.. and barring some dark horse coming up on the republican ticket (ARNOLD WHERE ARE YOU! - Oh right, need constitutional changes) I'll vote for her. But! She's.. .. I won't say unelectable, but she's in a precarious situation.

First of all, the folks that voted against Bill will vote against her, then there are those that will vote against her because they're made an educated decision based on her policies and ideas... then there are those who will vote against her because she's a woman.
The question isn't - Can she get elected. If she were a white male she'd be elected so fast your head would spin and fall out your ass, the question is, are there enough people that have become so disenchanted with the Republican party that they'll suck it up, grow some balls and vote for a woman.

I hope so, because as it stands, although I'm in no way her biggest fan, she's the best viable candidate for America.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/05/07 at 11:54 am

My top 3 are Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson, & John Edwards (though I'm still undecided). My next tier is: Barak Obama & Chris Dodd. The last on my list is Hilary. Hilary scares me. I have always felt that Hilary is "Republican-Lite". It is obvious that this country needs some major change in Washington and I think that Hilary will just keep the status quo. However, if she does win the nomination, I will hold my nose and vote for her next Nov. (like I did with Kerry in 2004).

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/05/07 at 1:33 pm

In order:

1. Ron Paul
2. Tom Tancredo
3. Fred Thompson

None of the democrats I would ever dream of voting for, but I guess Bill Richardson is the least offensive of them.  Obama has no substance to speak of, I don't get the hype.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/05/07 at 1:58 pm

My top 3 are Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson, & John Edwards (though I'm still undecided). My next tier is: Barak Obama & Chris Dodd. The last on my list is Hilary. Hilary scares me. I have always felt that Hilary is "Republican-Lite". It is obvious that this country needs some major change in Washington and I think that Hilary will just keep the status quo. However, if she does win the nomination, I will hold my nose and vote for her next Nov. (like I did with Kerry in 2004).

Cat

Hilary? A Republican-lite? Bill was more Republican than that bitch! If Hilary wins, I'm buying a lot of Anti-Hilary sheesh.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/07 at 5:49 pm

If I was betting money...

Hillary vs. Fred Thompson

Fred wins.  He does a better job than Bush, but he continues Bush's tradition of corporate cronyism, while federal deficits rise further and the dollar reaches an alltime low.  Support for a return to the Gold Standard starts accumulating, while the standard of living in America slowly falls to a level comparable to that of the United Kingdom.

But hey, I like the Brits, so all's not lost....

Written By: Tia on 10/05/07 at 5:55 pm

i still say biden. biden biden biden.

ron paul is a lunatic, but if by some bizarre twist of fate he won the nomination there are democrats i'd be tempted to vote for him over. we'd be taking a horrible risk of running the country right into the toilet but -- hey, look where it is already! plus, at least it would shake up the status quo.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/05/07 at 5:59 pm

The best thing about Paul is that he would serve well as a counter to big government.  He'd veto anything that was beyond the scope of the Constitution.  At this point, we need that, even if it's a bit crazy.

Written By: Tia on 10/05/07 at 6:03 pm

if kucinich won the nomination, i'd vote for him, if for no other reason then to start a betting pool on how long it took before he got taken out by some lone crazed gunman with suspicious ties to domestic intelligence agencies.

Written By: La Roche on 10/05/07 at 10:49 pm

if kucinich won the nomination, i'd vote for him, if for no other reason then to start a betting pool on how long it took before he got taken out by some lone crazed gunman with suspicious ties to domestic intelligence agencies.

;D

Inauguration Day for $20. Watcha giving me on that?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/05/07 at 11:36 pm

Fred wins.  He does a better job than Bush,

My cat would do a better job than Bush....but she's got something in common with him, she doesn't negotiate either.

"NO! YOU GET OUT OF BED THIS INSTANT AND LET ME THE F*CK OUT! I DON'T CARE IF IT'S 4:00 IN THE MORNING, THIS IS WHAT'S GOING DOWN!"

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/catsmiley.gif

Written By: statsqueen on 10/06/07 at 2:55 pm

Fred wins.  He does a better job than Bush, but he continues Bush's tradition of corporate cronyism, while federal deficits rise further and the dollar reaches an alltime low.  Support for a return to the Gold Standard starts accumulating, while the standard of living in America slowly falls to a level comparable to that of the United Kingdom.

But hey, I like the Brits, so all's not lost....

If Fred wins, he will send us back to the dark ages......

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/07 at 11:06 pm

If Fred wins, he will send us back to the dark ages......

Fred Thompson is a jackass.  I can't see him getting the nomination.

I thought Ron Paul was pro-choice.  As I understood it, he's personally anti-abortion, but as a libertarian, he does not believe the government should legislate in that area.  Maybe I heard wrong.

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/07/07 at 1:17 am

Who would you want to win for 2008 and why?

Cthulhu:  I'm tired of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/07/07 at 3:34 am

Fred Thompson is a jackass.  I can't see him getting the nomination.

I thought Ron Paul was pro-choice.  As I understood it, he's personally anti-abortion, but as a libertarian, he does not believe the government should legislate in that area.  Maybe I heard wrong.

I don't like Fred either, but he's the candidate most likely for the Republicans to win the Southern vote, which matters a lot these days.

Ron is pro-life from what I understand.  He is an obstetrician, so he has a personal connection to this kind of thing.  I still disagree with him, but I know where he's coming from.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/07/07 at 12:30 pm

I hear ya. I think if they did away with the electoral college, had campaign finance reform, & had instant run-off voting, this country would have TRUE democracy and it would no long be a "one-party" (either "Republicrats" or "Democians" whatever you want to call them) system. But, I'm sure that is a discussion for an entirely different thread.   

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 10/07/07 at 12:57 pm

I hear ya. I think if they did away with the electoral college, had campaign finance reform, & had instant run-off voting, this country would have TRUE democracy and it would no long be a "one-party" (either "Republicrats" or "Democians" whatever you want to call them) system. But, I'm sure that is a discussion for an entirely different thread.   

Cat

Hear Hear! The electoral college may well be the least democratic institution in any free society./

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/07/07 at 1:14 pm

It's becoming "the evil of two lessers."
:P

Check for new replies or respond here...