» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Hilary Clinton

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 2:07 pm

Who thinks she's the answer to our problems and should she be our next president?

I hope not!

Subject: Re: Hilary Clinton

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/06/07 at 2:08 pm

Does she bear the same qualities as did Margaret Thatcher when she became Prime Minister?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/06/07 at 2:09 pm

Does she bear the same qualities as did Margaret Thatcher when she became Prime Minister?

I wonder if someone has that on the internet.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/06/07 at 2:13 pm

I don't think she has the same amount of diplomacy skills as Thatcher did.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 2:18 pm

I don't think she has the same amount of diplomacy skills as Thatcher did.

HA!

HAHAHA!

To sum up everything Thatcher did..

the product of her leadership.. is me.. and my peers.

That says everything you need to know.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/06/07 at 2:25 pm

HA!

HAHAHA!

To sum up everything Thatcher did..

the product of her leadership.. is me.. and my peers.

That says everything you need to know.

Hillary could never pull off what Thatcher did in the 80's. . . and live to tell about it.

As for you and your peers being the product of her leadership.  I'd like to believe that like your counterparts (the products of Reagan's leadership) you're reaped the benefits of their shortcomings.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 3:05 pm

Hillary could never pull off what Thatcher did in the 80's. . . and live to tell about it.

As for you and your peers being the product of her leadership.  I'd like to believe that like your counterparts (the products of Reagan's leadership) you're reaped the benefits of their shortcomings.

Sub-standard educations, poverty through childhood and an absence of public services?

Written By: Macphisto on 10/06/07 at 3:07 pm

Thatcher did a lot of painful things that were necessary for the U.K., but she also did a lot of bad things too.

If nothing else, Hillary and Thatcher both have the same raving bitch qualities.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 3:11 pm

Thatcher did a lot of painful things that were necessary for the U.K., but she also did a lot of bad things too.

If nothing else, Hillary and Thatcher both have the same raving bitch qualities.

Thatcher stood up to the Unions, who at the time were far too powerful, that's it, that's the sum total of her useful contributions.

Much in the same vein as curious george, she too started a war to get re-elected.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/06/07 at 3:12 pm

I'm curious...  are you living in the U.K. as a NY fan, or are you an expat. Englishmen living in NY?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/06/07 at 5:05 pm

Sub-standard educations, poverty through childhood and an absence of public services?

She and Reagan pretty much had the same brain.

Written By: La Roche on 10/06/07 at 8:40 pm

I'm curious...  are you living in the U.K. as a NY fan, or are you an expat. Englishmen living in NY?

I'm an ex-pat who's moved around a bit.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/06/07 at 10:08 pm

She and Reagan pretty much had the same brain.

Thatcher was Reagan's Obie-Won

Like Bill, I think Hillary will be better for corporate America than Dubya ever was.
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 10/07/07 at 3:45 am

Like Bill, I think Hillary will be better for corporate America than Dubya ever was.

Well, if you mean that Hillary will actually spur more economic growth, then you may end up right.  Granted, I'm not so sure she'll make it to the Oval Office anyway.  I really can't see her getting the South, West, or Midwest (outside of certain metropolitan areas).

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/08/07 at 12:29 am

Well, if you mean that Hillary will actually spur more economic growth, then you may end up right.  Granted, I'm not so sure she'll make it to the Oval Office anyway.  I really can't see her getting the South, West, or Midwest (outside of certain metropolitan areas).

I agree.  The Republican party is the people's party.

What can I say?  The people must be stupid.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/08/07 at 8:22 am

Nothing like a female boss to keep everyone in line.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/08/07 at 12:33 pm

You are right. Those three areas voted for Bush more than the states that are by the East Coast and West Coast. (And Florida.)

Check for new replies or respond here...