» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Coulter Say Jews "Need to be Perfected"

Written By: danootaandme on 10/11/07 at 4:56 pm

I don't think I need to comment on this....yet.  Here are some excerpts

Ann Coulter calls for Jews to be 'perfected' by converting to Christianity
Nick Juliano
Published: Thursday October 11, 2007

del.icio.us

Print This  Email This

Jewish group calls on media to boycott right wing author

The National Jewish Democratic Council called for media organizations to stop inviting arch-conservative Ann Coulter to appear on television after the right wing pundit and author continued her habit of making outrageous, offensive comments on national television.

This time, Coulter said Jews should be "perfected" by accepting Jesus and America would be better off if everyone was a Christian.

A national Catholic organization also criticized Coulter's remarks.

"I'm just dumbfounded that a Christian would even say this in America," Chris Korzen, executive director of Catholics United told RAW STORY.

Korzen said it was "particularly dangerous" to be mixing religious conversion with discussions of what it means to be an American, and he said Coulter's comments reminded him of John McCain referring to the US as a "Christian nation."

"I don't believe I read anything in the constitution about Jesus Christ dying for our sins," Korzen said.

Others called for television networks to ban Coulter from the airwaves.

“While Ann Coulter has freedom of speech, news outlets should exercise their freedom to use better judgment,” NJDC Executive Director Ira N. Forman said in a press release. “Just as media outlets don’t invite those who believe that Martians walk the earth to frequently comment on science stories, it’s time they stop inviting Ann Coulter to comment on politics.”

Media Matters also criticized Coulter, one of the group's favorite targets.

Coulter's comments came during Monday's episode of CNBC's The Big Idea, but received little notice until Media Matters' report Wednesday and the NJDC's criticism Thursday.

Host Donny Deutsch asked Coulter what her ideal picture of America looked like and she recalled the 2004 Republican convention in New York City.

"People were happy. They're Christian. They're tolerant. They defend America," she said.

Deutsch asked, "It would be better if we were all Christian?" Coulter replied "yes," and reitereated her declaration again later in the interview, although she denied wanting to wipe all Jews off the map.

"We just want Jews to be perfected, as they say," Coulter said.

Deutsch, a practicing Jew, said he was personally offended by Coulter's remark, and she tried to defend herself.

"I don't want you being offended by this. This is what Christians consider themselves, because our testament is the continuation of your testament. You know that. So we think Jews go to heaven. I mean, Falwell himself said that, but you have to follow laws. Ours is 'Christ died for our sins,'" Coulter said. "We consider ourselves perfected Christians. For me to say that for you to become a Christian is to become a perfected Christian is not offensive at all."

rawstory.com/news/2007/Ann_Coulter_calls_for_Jews_to_1011.html

Subject: Re: Coulter Say Jews "Need to be Perfected"

Written By: Jessica on 10/11/07 at 5:10 pm

1. If I were that host, I would have personally beat the holy hell out of her.

2. When you have other faiths coming out against her statements, you know it is bad.

3. Does the flaming bitch not realize that JESUS WAS A JEW and that Judaism predates Christianity by about 4000 years?

That is all. I hate Ann "The Man" Coulter anyways. Bitch needs to smoke some more meth and shut the hell up.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/07 at 5:24 pm

Being a Jew, I'm not really offended because I consider the source. She is not worth the time & energy to get offended, upset, or anything else. We all know that Ann does not know what the hell she is talking about and why anyone pays any attention to what she says is beyond me. Maybe if everyone ignored her, she would go away.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/11/07 at 5:25 pm

Ann Culter, as my Mom always says "consider the source." :P

Written By: Red Ant on 10/11/07 at 5:35 pm

Here's the video, you know, just so you all can see Ann make a total ass out of herself once again:

Video

Christians consider themselves "perfected Jews"?  ???

Ann isn't worth my time. I have much more important things to do like change the litter in the cat box and clean the lint from my dryer.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/11/07 at 5:41 pm

Here's the video, you know, just so you all can see Ann make a total ass out of herself once again:

Video

Ann isn't worth my time. I have much more important things to do like change the litter in the cat box and clean the lint from my dryer.

Ant

Oh man, you would have to remind me. I really do need to change the cat box.

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 10/11/07 at 5:43 pm

Oh man, you would have to remind me. I really do need to change the cat box.

Cat

Too bad we don't both have cameras to film the event. Watching synchronized cat box cleaning would be vastly more entertaining than watching Ann, and there would also be less s*** to deal with.

Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/07 at 6:36 pm

Well goddam.  "We just think Jews should be perfected" makes me feel like tossing my cookies. It gives me the shivers.  You know how saying this or that "sounds like Nazi Germany" has become a meaningless cliche?  Well, what Annie baby said really does sound like Nazi Germany!  The evil bitch.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_porc.gif

If the quote was attached to any other commentator I'd suspect a hoax, but A.C. already said on national TV that "we" should bomb all Islamic nations and convert all Muslims to Christianity. 

I wouldn't protest this...not so fast.  Let's wait and see what happens.  Of course, I expect the Anti-Defamation League to condemn the remarks, for in their mission they must.  However, I'd rather drop back and see what the right-wing media that courts Coulter does.  They're all Israel right or wrong, let's see them shun Ms. Piggy; turn her into a pillar of salt.  No more, Anne, you're done.  We'll never invite you back on our networks, we will never print another one of your columns, and we will never publish another one of your books.  If they do their usual song-and-dance and declare Ann's comments were "taken out of context," and go on about, "I think what Ann Coulter said was wrong, but isn't there a double standard?  Remember when Jesse Jackson called New York 'Hymietown,' and blah blah blah," then they will show just what kind of folks they really are.

Go ahead FOX News, let A.C. hang around.  I gar-un-tee next time she will say: "America is a White Christian nation and the sad, dusky races are the cursed children of Ham," and you'll all go:

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Yup, you guys just keep tamping this loose cannon and y'all get blowed up!

"People were happy. They're Christian. They're tolerant. They defend America," she said.

Tolerant?  Yeah, when we all look alike and think alike, it's pretty easy to be tolerant!

Written By: La Roche on 10/11/07 at 6:50 pm

You realize she just says it to rile people up right?

She knows as long as she says these things she'll be invited on shows because the ratings and interest will rocket for a week or two. Remember, all publicity is good publicity.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/07 at 6:53 pm

You realize she just says it to rile people up right?

More like to "Heil!" people up, if you ask me.
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 10/11/07 at 7:29 pm

Wow...  that's pretty low even for her.  I think I'd be more angry if I were Christian and conservative though.  She gives a bad name to both groups.

Hopefully, this means her career will go in the direction that Michael Richards's has.

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/11/07 at 8:09 pm

8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/07 at 8:20 pm

Wow...  that's pretty low even for her.  I think I'd be more angry if I were Christian and conservative though.  She gives a bad name to both groups.

Hopefully, this means her career will go in the direction that Michael Richards's has.

But there wasn't a couple of guys in yarmulkes shouting, "Oy, shixa, vy don't you just shoot us now already!"
:D

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/11/07 at 10:34 pm

Bet the Jews for Jesus are just giddy about it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/11/07 at 10:49 pm

Bet the Jews for Jesus are just giddy about it.

No.  The idea is not for them to be Jews for Jesus, but to be Christians for Christ. 

Israel is a great country, we love it, on Armageddon day, you'll be auto-converted from the Jewish file to the Christian file, unless the software screws up and then you're damned to the fiery pits of hell like the other heathens!

Written By: Tia on 10/12/07 at 5:46 am

yeah, see, there's something about ann where when i see her, i basically see a jihadist in a blonde wig who believes in a slightly different variety of sky pixie.

i think the real problem is utopianism -- this idea that if everyone just had the same ideas and beliefs as WE do, the world would become a paradise. (in MY case this is actually true :P, but usually it's not.) more people have suffered and died needlessly over utopian ideas of whatever stripe than just about anything else.

anyway. ann coulter is just a primitive. primitive in her thought processes, emotionally stunted and underdeveloped, ethically unformed. she seems like a bitter 11-year-old trapped in an emaciated adult body. but she provides a valuable public service by inadvertently showing the true face of a certain really ugly strain of right-wing religious ideology.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/12/07 at 11:54 am

That first sentence sums it up perfectly.  If Ann had been born in Saudi Arabia, she'd likely be harboring Jihadists in her home or attempting to blow up people herself.

Religion + dogma + ignorance often equals terrorism.

Granted, there are atheists with similar problems, like that kid in the Cleveland school shooting recently.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/07 at 1:29 pm

Too bad we don't both have cameras to film the event. Watching synchronized cat box cleaning would be vastly more entertaining than watching Ann, and there would also be less s*** to deal with.

Ant

I'm sure many would really enjoy it since I change them in the nude right before getting into the shower.  :o :o

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 10/12/07 at 2:22 pm

I'm sure many would really enjoy it since I change them in the nude right before getting into the shower.  :o :o

Cat

That might be the forum quote of the day.  :o

"Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 24 hours."

I love this place: only here can we go from talking about Ann Coulter's viewpoints on Jews to cleaning a cat box while naked in less than 20 posts.  ;D

Back on topic: is there any news today about Ann's remarks?

Ant

Written By: Macphisto on 10/12/07 at 3:10 pm

Cat

lol...  I have to admit that's the only time I've ever heard someone mention the changing of cat litter and being naked in the same sentence.

Although I suppose the shower part makes sense...  I took care of a neighbor's cats one weekend, and when I changed the litter boxes, I felt like taking a shower because of how dirty it was.

Written By: McDonald on 10/12/07 at 3:56 pm

Jesus f**k! I just don't know what's next. How could she possibly step further out of line than this. I'm sure she will, I just don't know how. I'm at the edge of my seat.

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/12/07 at 4:55 pm

i hate her. i hope she dies soon.

i wonder if the remaining members of the grateful ded hate her? she's a huge fan of them. it's so weird that she's a huge fan of a counter culture band. i wonder what they think of her.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/12/07 at 5:05 pm

i wonder if the remaining members of the grateful ded hate her? she's a huge fan of them. it's so weird that she's a huge fan of a counter culture band. i wonder what they think of her.

FYI  Sen. Pat Leahy is a big Dead Head.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/12/07 at 5:41 pm

FYI  Sen. Pat Leahy is a big Dead Head.

Cat

It's nice to see followers of Jerry Garcia in office.  :)

Written By: philbo on 10/12/07 at 6:19 pm

<brief digression>This afternoon, I was picking my daughter up and they had on the radio "Last Words", talking about a recently-deceased 105-year-old Irish Republican, Dan Keating.  Part of what they played was an interview where he was reminiscing about all the people he'd blown up or fingered for someone else to blow up - being interviewed in hideously sycophantic style.  OK, so he was over 100 at the time, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a violent, bigoted murderer who was happy (literally) to kill innocents for political ends. I was pretty riled by his attitude, and at one point said something along the lines of wishing he'd died eighty years ago... then, on rethinking, I changed my mind: I couldn't wish anybody dead - violence and killing simply begets more violence and killing, and you end up with an escalation that takes an awful lot of stopping..</digression>

What I mean is, I don't hope that Coulter dies.. but what would be great if she used her eyes and brain, and realized just how stupid she's been...

Written By: xSiouXBoIx on 10/12/07 at 8:19 pm

opps. i always offend people.

Written By: thereshegoes on 10/12/07 at 8:32 pm

That's fine,here's the place to do it anyway.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/12/07 at 8:39 pm

What I mean is, I don't hope that Coulter dies..

You hope she lives forever? Wow, that's quite sadistic of you, Phil.  

Ant

Written By: Macphisto on 10/12/07 at 10:15 pm

<brief digression>This afternoon, I was picking my daughter up and they had on the radio "Last Words", talking about a recently-deceased 105-year-old Irish Republican, Dan Keating.  Part of what they played was an interview where he was reminiscing about all the people he'd blown up or fingered for someone else to blow up - being interviewed in hideously sycophantic style.  OK, so he was over 100 at the time, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a violent, bigoted murderer who was happy (literally) to kill innocents for political ends. I was pretty riled by his attitude, and at one point said something along the lines of wishing he'd died eighty years ago... then, on rethinking, I changed my mind: I couldn't wish anybody dead - violence and killing simply begets more violence and killing, and you end up with an escalation that takes an awful lot of stopping..</digression>

What I mean is, I don't hope that Coulter dies.. but what would be great if she used her eyes and brain, and realized just how stupid she's been...

In principle, I agree with you.  Although, in the case of Keating, if he had died 80 years ago, a lot of other people would have lived much longer, so he really did need to die much earlier himself.

Sometimes, you must kill to save other lives, which is the only noble reason behind the War on Terror.

As for Coulter, I can't say I'd mind her dying, but I'll refrain from wishing she'd die.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/12/07 at 10:17 pm

Ant

*cue the Queen music* "Who wants to live forever?"

Written By: Red Ant on 10/12/07 at 10:20 pm

*cue the Queen music* "Who wants to live forever?"

*cue Irene Cara*

"Fame
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly
I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry
I'm gonna make it to heaven..."

Ann's theme song...

Ant

Written By: La Roche on 10/12/07 at 11:25 pm

In principle, I agree with you.  Although, in the case of Keating, if he had died 80 years ago, a lot of other people would have lived much longer, so he really did need to die much earlier himself.

Sometimes, you must kill to save other lives, which is the only noble reason behind the War on Terror.

As for Coulter, I can't say I'd mind her dying, but I'll refrain from wishing she'd die.

All IRA scum should have been hung when there was half the chance. Let the army deal with them their own way.

It brings a smile to my face when I hear about Republican pubs being torched.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/12/07 at 11:34 pm

Before you get flamed Davey, let me explain to everyone that Irish Republicans have nothing to do with American Republicans.

Written By: La Roche on 10/12/07 at 11:49 pm

Before you get flamed Davey, let me explain to everyone that Irish Republicans have nothing to do with American Republicans.

Thanks for that pal, I dare say anybody ignorant enough to get them confused would probably be the sort to flame.  ;) ;D

Written By: philbo on 10/13/07 at 3:18 am

Thing is, I ain't convinced that would have helped: there would always have been some other sick bastard to take his place.

At the risk of diverting the thread... it may sound noble, but it's not: the "War on Terror" has killed more innocents in its incarnations in Afghanistan and Iraq than global terrorism has managed in the last hundred years.. so where's the nobility?  It isn't a noble reason, it's a political soundbite intended to manipulate opinion.  Killing anybody should be a very last resort - it shouldn't matter whether they're Iraqi or American, Muslim or Christian; but the way it is treated is pretty much that an American/Brit dies - that's a tragedy/national provocation/causus belli; an Arab dies and that's an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of "doing the right thing".  The hypocrisy is staggering.

Agreed.

So who's offended?  There's a huge gap between disagreement and offence...

:)

But not exactly - I'm not hoping either way: she'll die when her life comes to an end, and it's not for me to hope for that time to be sooner or later. 

All IRA scum should have been hung when there was half the chance. Let the army deal with them their own way.

It brings a smile to my face when I hear about Republican pubs being torched.

I think you mean "hanged"... but would you also include the "Loyalist scum", too?

I get the feeling you're being a shade provocative rather than completely honest with the second paragraph - there's no pleasure to be gained from wanton destruction (unless you're some kind of pyromaniac).  It leads to reprisals and more people getting killed.

Written By: Tia on 10/13/07 at 5:32 am

i was totally in support of everything davey was saying until you reminded me of this.

Written By: La Roche on 10/13/07 at 9:49 am

But not exactly - I'm not hoping either way: she'll die when her life comes to an end, and it's not for me to hope for that time to be sooner or later. 
I think you mean "hanged"... but would you also include the "Loyalist scum", too?

I get the feeling you're being a shade provocative rather than completely honest with the second paragraph - there's no pleasure to be gained from wanton destruction (unless you're some kind of pyromaniac).  It leads to reprisals and more people getting killed.

If you extinguish them before they become a problem, then the innocent survive.

i was totally in support of everything davey was saying until you reminded me of this.

Give me a few more months and I think I'll extend the invitation.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/13/07 at 10:21 am

Thing is, I ain't convinced that would have helped: there would always have been some other sick bastard to take his place.

Good point...

At the risk of diverting the thread... it may sound noble, but it's not: the "War on Terror" has killed more innocents in its incarnations in Afghanistan and Iraq than global terrorism has managed in the last hundred years.. so where's the nobility?  It isn't a noble reason, it's a political soundbite intended to manipulate opinion.  Killing anybody should be a very last resort - it shouldn't matter whether they're Iraqi or American, Muslim or Christian; but the way it is treated is pretty much that an American/Brit dies - that's a tragedy/national provocation/causus belli; an Arab dies and that's an unfortunate but inevitable consequence of "doing the right thing".  The hypocrisy is staggering.

I hear ya.  Most of the War on Terror has been bullshi* but I think invading Afghanistan was necessary.  We also need to keep an eye on Pakistan.

As for Iraq, that was just stupid.  So, I'm kind of in the middle on this one.  I realize a lot of people have died in both Iraq and Afghanistan, but the latter of those 2 was a legitimate enemy that needed to be taken out.  We couldn't just let the Taliban stick around.  By the same token, we need to keep a closer eye on Saudi Arabia, since that's the nationality of the actual hijackers on 9/11.  For somewhat obvious reasons, we seem to be giving Saudi Arabia a free pass on its terror connections while we antagonize Iran.

Speaking of Iran, we need to leave them alone.

Good point...  Loyalists must be eliminated as well, but of course, that's the U.K.'s problem, not ours.  Thankfully, we haven't really interfered with their affairs on that.

Good point.  All counterterrorism efforts (regardless of the area) must be made with the utmost care to avoid killing innocent people.

Written By: La Roche on 10/13/07 at 12:05 pm

Speaking of Iran, we need to leave them alone.

Right. I have no earthly idea why we'd go in to Iran. It's just posteuring for the most part. Actually taking the 'war against verbs' to real nations is retarded. Terrorists are non-state players in the international game. If we're going to go after countries that support terrorist we need to look no further than the scum in Boston who kept the IRA going for years.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/13/07 at 12:34 pm

Very true...  American support for the IRA is a rarely discussed chapter in our dark history.

Written By: La Roche on 10/13/07 at 2:11 pm

Very true...  American support for the IRA is a rarely discussed chapter in our dark history.

"Collecting funds for the holy fight,
Like a door to door salesman in the dead of night.
Russian guns help him on his way,
Bought with money from the USA."

Written By: Macphisto on 10/13/07 at 7:36 pm

Cock Sparrer...  hmmm...  I have to admit that I'm not very familiar with much punk.  I'm more of a Clash fan myself.

I'll give this one a listen though.  It looks like the message is good.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 10/13/07 at 7:58 pm

Wow....

Just when you think she couldn't be more crazier,  she comes up with the most craziest and stupidest statement, ever.

She's the reason, why the remote control, was invented.

::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/13/07 at 11:24 pm

But not exactly - I'm not hoping either way: she'll die when her life comes to an end

Kind of circular logic there!
;)

I think you mean "hanged"...

"Hanged" is correct.  Pictures are hung, people are hanged.  It's just one of those grammitical errors so common it's not worth correcting, like the way people misuse the word "hopefully."  I've been called a "grammar nazi" before.  I guess it was because I was sending split infinitives and singular-plural disagreements to concentration camps!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/14/07 at 4:37 pm

Applause, applause. 

Ant

Yup-living forever could really be hell.

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 10/14/07 at 4:44 pm

Living forever would suck unless you never aged past about... oh... I don't know... 35.  Then, it would rock.

Of course, you'd probably have to be a vampire to do that..  :D

Written By: philbo on 10/14/07 at 4:47 pm

Then it'd really suck

Written By: Macphisto on 10/14/07 at 4:51 pm

Have some karma for that really bad pun...  :D

Written By: philbo on 10/14/07 at 4:53 pm

It's my biting wit...

...he says, knowing that you can't take the karma back again ;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/14/07 at 5:12 pm

Did she ever mention what "form" of Christianity she is?  Just curious.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/14/07 at 11:53 pm

Living forever would suck unless you never aged past about... oh... I don't know... 35.  Then, it would rock.

But...I only got my sh*t together after I was 35!  You're sentencing me to be the young fYke up forever!
No fair!
>:(

Written By: Tia on 10/15/07 at 7:42 am

ann coulter should start a jew makeover reality show. you know, gets a jew, drags em around to various churches, sweet-talks him or her with some of that trademark ann coulter saleswomanship and diplomacy, and at the end the jew has converted to whatever tf denomination coulter belongs to and there’s happy music and maybe a gratutious shot of jesus on the cross at the end. someone call my agent.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/15/07 at 6:36 pm

You could call it "Cold Bitch for the Jew Guy"

Written By: Tia on 10/15/07 at 6:38 pm

You could call it "Cold Bitch for the Jew Guy"
"ann coulter's 'new jew revue'"?

i'm sorry, i feel like maybe i just went too far again. :-[ but i guess with ann, that's always the idea.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/15/07 at 6:41 pm

That has more of a ring to it...  First guest: Joe Lieberman...  He's halfway there with being such a Zionist as it is...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/15/07 at 9:26 pm

"ann coulter's 'new jew revue'"?

i'm sorry, i feel like maybe i just went too far again. :-[ but i guess with ann, that's always the idea.

jewtube

:-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 10/16/07 at 8:32 pm

Speaking of things that need to be perfected, Ann Coulter's website is one of them:

Ann Coulter's Website Hacked

Here's what the hacker posted:

"An Open Letter to Readers
by Ann Coulter
October 15, 2007

Dear Readers,

I've been participating in a charade for nearly eleven years, now. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You have all been a part of a sick joke that I began considering shortly after first getting on the air. At first, it was quite interesting to see how people would react when I would use twisted logic and poorly masked bigotry.

But eleven years is a long time to be living a fake life, and I can no longer tolerate this falsity. Even someone as fake as I tires out eventually.

Here's the truth, I don't care what people believe. Jews don't need to be "made perfect" as I so arrogantly proclaimed to Editor & Publisher not a half week ago. I don't even care if people are Muslim. Granted, I don't know much about the religion or the people, but they are people. This is something that we cannot forget, they are in an abhorrent situation. These people are in need of education. Perhaps if we did not participate in causing them misery, they would not hate us so.

In fact, does it really matter whether we are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or even Pagan? We are one nation. One. We should not let petty differences separate us, we are all American, and should act in that manner.

And with that, my precious viewers, I bid you adieu. My career as a media figurehead is over.

Signed,

Ann Coulter

P.S. - Oh, and Bill O'Reilly is also just acting."

;D

Ant

Written By: Macphisto on 10/16/07 at 8:43 pm

LMAO...  That hacker is the *ucking man/woman!  Great stuff, Red  :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/16/07 at 9:42 pm

Speaking of things that need to be perfected, Ann Coulter's website is one of them:

Ann Coulter's Website Hacked

Here's what the hacker posted:

"An Open Letter to Readers
by Ann Coulter
October 15, 2007

Dear Readers,

I've been participating in a charade for nearly eleven years, now. Quite frankly, I'm sick of it. You have all been a part of a sick joke that I began considering shortly after first getting on the air. At first, it was quite interesting to see how people would react when I would use twisted logic and poorly masked bigotry.

But eleven years is a long time to be living a fake life, and I can no longer tolerate this falsity. Even someone as fake as I tires out eventually.

Here's the truth, I don't care what people believe. Jews don't need to be "made perfect" as I so arrogantly proclaimed to Editor & Publisher not a half week ago. I don't even care if people are Muslim. Granted, I don't know much about the religion or the people, but they are people. This is something that we cannot forget, they are in an abhorrent situation. These people are in need of education. Perhaps if we did not participate in causing them misery, they would not hate us so.

In fact, does it really matter whether we are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or even Pagan? We are one nation. One. We should not let petty differences separate us, we are all American, and should act in that manner.

And with that, my precious viewers, I bid you adieu. My career as a media figurehead is over.

Signed,

Ann Coulter

P.S. - Oh, and Bill O'Reilly is also just acting."

;D

Ant

That's lovely.  I love a good hack job. :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/16/07 at 10:50 pm

Ann Coulter's new book:

"If Democrats had any brains,
They'd be Republicans"

I heard her talking about it on Bill Orally last night. 

It passes the Coulter Purity Test:  Utterly uncontaminated by sophistication!

I just realized something:

Ann Coulter went to Dartmouth.
Steven Colbert went to Dartmouth.

Dartmouth has all the Baby Buckleys from the "Dartmouth Review."  Oh that pure Upper Connecticut Valley New Hampshire air, what it can do to an impressionable young mind!

I analyze the rhetoric and delivery of both commentators and the similarities are astounding!

My first explanation is Steven gets the joke, Ann doesn't.

Then I thought maybe Ann gets the joke, and Steven doesn't!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: danootaandme on 10/17/07 at 4:45 am

Ann Coulter's new book:

"If Democrats had any brains,
They'd be Republicans"

I heard her talking about it on Bill Orally last night. 

It passes the Coulter Purity Test:  Utterly uncontaminated by sophistication!

I just realized something:

Ann Coulter went to Dartmouth.
Steven Colbert went to Dartmouth.

Dartmouth has all the Baby Buckleys from the "Dartmouth Review."  Oh that pure Upper Connecticut Valley New Hampshire air, what it can do to an impressionable young mind!

The fact that they went to Dartmouth, and the whole character of the school, drives me nuts.  Dartmouth was begun as a school primarily for the education of native americans.  It was the first college begun for minorities, but these "Baby Buckleys" are reaping the educational benefits, while doing there best to deny those same benefits. Someone should take the charter and make those "Dartmouth Review" cretins study it, then eat it for breakfast.

www.dartmouth.edu/home/about/history.html

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/17/07 at 3:50 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dgj_Hx8PJo&mode=related&search=Jews%20Space%20Mel%20Brooks

Oy vey.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/17/07 at 9:56 pm

What if Michael Moore said "Jews need to be perfected"?

We all know FOX News would spend a month accusing everybody to the Left Ariel Sharon of being anti-semitic. 

(I'm cracking up picturing Michael Moore saying the same stuff Ann Coulter says!)

Written By: Davester on 10/17/07 at 10:01 pm

What if Michael Moore said "Jews need to be perfected"?

We all know FOX News would spend a month accusing everybody to the Left Ariel Sharon of being anti-semitic. 

(I'm cracking up picturing Michael Moore saying the same stuff Ann Coulter says!)

Man I can't wait until the whole of Israel is shacking up with gay hookers and doing meth.  The world will be a thousand percent better, won't it..?

Written By: Macphisto on 10/18/07 at 7:01 pm

Given some of the recent foreign policy decisions Israel has made, it seems like the meth habit is a very valid possibility....

Written By: EyesWideAsleep on 11/16/07 at 8:40 pm

Ann "Nazi" Coulter. What a bitch.  :D

Written By: Mushroom on 11/16/07 at 9:01 pm

Personally, I never take things that political pundits say seriously.  Quite often, they say things simply to get attention or to make a point.  I seriously doubt that she was serious when she made that comment, she was probably just trying to get people to think (or react).

Personally, I consider myself a "Christian", but try to hold to the Jewish faith more then the "Christian" one.  I believe that a lot of the things that have been tacked onto "Christianity" in the last 2k years are junk, and reject them.

For example, I do not pray to or in the name of Jesus, but only to God.  I take the Commandment very seriously that "You shall place no other gods before me".  In fact, I pretty much reject all of the New Testament once Saul gets involved.  I concentrate on the Old Testament, and the Gospels themselves.  Everything after that to me is mostly junk, and things that even Jesus himself said was not his intention.

Written By: Davester on 11/17/07 at 12:33 am

Personally, I never take things that political pundits say seriously.  Quite often, they say things simply to get attention or to make a point.  I seriously doubt that she was serious when she made that comment, she was probably just trying to get people to think (or react).

Personally, I consider myself a "Christian", but try to hold to the Jewish faith more then the "Christian" one.  I believe that a lot of the things that have been tacked onto "Christianity" in the last 2k years are junk, and reject them.

In fact, I pretty much reject all of the New Testament once Saul gets involved.  I concentrate on the Old Testament, and the Gospels themselves.  Everything after that to me is mostly junk, and things that even Jesus himself said was not his intention.

I agree.  Wasn't it Paul, attempting to subvert the philosophies of Jesus, throw James the Just over a balcony to kill him..?

James the Just's church didn't teach about Jesus' death and resurrection, nor did Jesus ever personally teach this.  The words were coined and phrased by Paul who never knew Jesus...

Written By: Macphisto on 11/17/07 at 2:03 am

For example, I do not pray to or in the name of Jesus, but only to God.  I take the Commandment very seriously that "You shall place no other gods before me".  In fact, I pretty much reject all of the New Testament once Saul gets involved.  I concentrate on the Old Testament, and the Gospels themselves.  Everything after that to me is mostly junk, and things that even Jesus himself said was not his intention.

Good points, but a lot of the Old Testament is junk too.  Leviticus is a good example (Chapter 20 especially).

Written By: Mushroom on 11/17/07 at 11:39 pm

I agree.  Wasn't it Paul, attempting to subvert the philosophies of Jesus, throw James the Just over a balcony to kill him..?

I will always call him by his given name, Saul.  And originally, he was probably the most zealous persecutor of the early "Christian Church".

And like many Converts, he went far beyond the original teachings.  This led to a great many conflicts with the original Desciples and Apostles.  The survivors tried hard to follow the original teachings, and followed the teachings which clearly stated that the teachings were for other Jews, not the Gentiles.  In fact, he specifically stated that his message was not for Gentiles at all:

"Go nowhere among the Gentiles, and enter no town of the Samaritans, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.  I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel."  Matthew 10:5-7

It was not until Saul came that the religion started to change.  Instead of preaching strictly to Jews, it started to seek converts among the Gentiles.  This caused great strife inside and out, and led to their expulsion from both the Temple and the Synagogs.  Under Saul, the movement started to throw away the traditional teachings, like circumcisim, dietary laws, and many others.  His many conflicts with Peter and James were obviously a power play, and he worked hard to subvert the original teachings.  I know nothing of an attempted defenistration of James, but I do know that the two of them had many conflicts, with James even going so far as to order Saul to clense himself in the Temple before he would agree to meet him.

To me, it is sad that the New Testament is so full of his teachings.  Christianity under his leadership went from being yet another sect of Jews (like the Essenes) to a splinter group, which moved further away from the original faith every year.  In fact, before his "conversion", he was frequently a persecutor of the Esseenes as well.

And his claim that he was a "Devout Jew" has also often been called into question among scholars.  His beliefs prior to the "conversion" were much more Hellenestic then traditional Jewish.  Most of his travels took him through Greek territory, and he frequently promoted conflict with the Synagogue system.

Check for new replies or respond here...