» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Do you heart Huckabee?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/19/07 at 7:01 pm

If so why?
If not why not?

Subject: Re: Do you heart Huckabee?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/19/07 at 7:30 pm

If were talking about Mike Huckabee the answer is no.  The guy is a bit too conservative for me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/19/07 at 9:08 pm

I'll miss him for the comic relief.
:D

If he had stayed in the race until April he'd be no further along.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 9:09 am

Huckabee saddens me.  Before I found out that he doesn't believe in evolution, I figured he'd be one of the saner Republican choices.

I was wrong.  He's just a more polished version of a Christian nut.

That being said, Huckabee would still make a perfect running mate for Guiliani to silence the religious crazies.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/07 at 12:09 pm

Huckabee saddens me.  Before I found out that he doesn't believe in evolution, I figured he'd be one of the saner Republican choices.

I was wrong.  He's just a more polished version of a Christian nut.

That being said, Huckabee would still make a perfect running mate for Guiliani to silence the religious crazies.

Tom Tancredo is still in the race and he's positively Hitlerian.  That's what sounded like at the Family Research Council fascist rally the other day~
::)

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 12:11 pm

Tancredo started out as the only Republican with the balls to support more stringent illegal immigration controls.  Unfortunately, it turned out that he's just a big fan of the police state idea....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/07 at 12:29 pm

Tancredo started out as the only Republican with the balls to support more stringent illegal immigration controls.  Unfortunately, it turned out that he's just a big fan of the police state idea....

Tancredo spoke in a conglomeration of inarticulate, hateful slogans at Family Research.
Huckabee seemed like a nice guy to me, a decent fellow with a few misguided ideas.  Tancredo's tone is vengeful.  Like I said, reminiscent of Nazi Germany. He was railing against the term "compassionate conservative."  He's calling himself an "unapologetic conservative."  You go, dude! 

"I'm a conservative...and I'm not sorry!"
:-\\

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/20/07 at 12:42 pm

Do you heart Huckabee?

No!

Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Wednesday the nation is being given a chance to make up for past racism by the way it handles the influx of Hispanics.

Huckabee, a Republican who is considering a run for president in 2008, said Arkansas has made progress on racial justice and has a fresh opportunity to do the right thing in the way it welcomes the growing Hispanic population.

Source

Another pro-illegal alien republican, just like Rudy Giuliani and John McCain.  Pass.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/20/07 at 12:50 pm

Tancredo is a good man.  I'm still thinking of voting for him in the primary.  I can't really make up my mind between him and Ron Paul.

http://teamtancredo.org/home/

Tancredo is not a fan of any police state.  He's one of the few remaining small government conservative republicans left in the U.S. House.  I'm not really sure where you're coming from with that.

And Tancredo, along with Duncan Hunter and Ron Paul, are the only republicans currently running serious about dealing with the illegal immigration problem in a way that doesn't just involve giving them all amnesty.

Tom Tancredo is still in the race and he's positively Hitlerian.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adnazium.html

He's calling himself an "unapologetic conservative."  You go, dude! 

"I'm a conservative...and I'm not sorry!"

I'm not seeing the problem here.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/07 at 1:01 pm

Tancredo is a good man.  I'm still thinking of voting for him in the primary.  I can't really make up my mind between him and Ron Paul.

Tancredo is not a fan of any police state.  He's one of the few remaining small government conservative republicans left in the U.S. House.  I'm not really sure where you're coming from with that.

And Tancredo, along with Duncan Hunter and Ron Paul, are the only republicans currently running serious about dealing with the illegal immigration problem in a way that doesn't just involve giving them all amnesty.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/adnazium.html

I'm not seeing the problem here.

The man's own campaign website!  What better source could there be! 

No dictator ever called himself a "police state" kind of guy.  It's just necessary when you're surrounded by enemies trying to undermine your regime. 

"Unapologetic conservative" is like "I am not a crook."  Why put the implication there in the first place?

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 3:47 pm

No!

Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Wednesday the nation is being given a chance to make up for past racism by the way it handles the influx of Hispanics.

Huckabee, a Republican who is considering a run for president in 2008, said Arkansas has made progress on racial justice and has a fresh opportunity to do the right thing in the way it welcomes the growing Hispanic population.

Source

Another pro-illegal alien republican, just like Rudy Giuliani and John McCain.  Pass.

I wasn't aware of this, but then again, your source is Newsmax.  That's not exactly reputable.  That would be like using World Net Daily.

Still, it is surprising to see a member of the Religious Right take that position.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 3:59 pm

I agree with his position on immigration, but what I'm referring to when I said "police state" is his support for the Patriot Act and increased military spending.  I think Ron Paul is far superior to him as a candidate because Paul is antiwar and against the Patriot Act as well.  To me, that's truly in support of smaller government.

The Republican party's leadership lost its way toward smaller government when they started following the social agenda of the Religious Right and the economic agenda of the military industrial complex.  This is why Paul is so different from his colleagues.  He's not in collusion with any particular industry or special interest group -- he merely supports constitutionalism, which IMHO is what conservatism is truly about.

Still, I suppose the "police state" comment is a bit Godwin-esque.  It would be more accurate to label Sam Brownback that way.

I decided to take a closer look at Tancredo, and compared to Guiliani, McCain, and Brownback, I'd have to consider him a better choice.  Still, Paul is the best in my book, and Thompson isn't really that bad (aside from a few questions about his lobbyist past).

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/20/07 at 8:17 pm

I wasn't aware of this, but then again, your source is Newsmax.  That's not exactly reputable.  That would be like using World Net Daily.

Mike Huckabee, like Giuliani and McCain, is very well known for his pro-illegal positions.  He supported in-state tuition for illegals as Arkansas' governor.  Look up Huckabee's immigration views on a search engine.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 8:38 pm

*nods*  Well, like I said, I didn't doubt what you were saying.  I just am leary of Newsmax.

Granted, Huckabee seems like a more rational version of the Religious Right on most things.  It's just a shame that he's still a Creationist.

Either way, he'd make a good running mate, but I wouldn't want him as President.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/20/07 at 9:16 pm

*nods*  Well, like I said, I didn't doubt what you were saying.  I just am leary of Newsmax.

Granted, Huckabee seems like a more rational version of the Religious Right on most things.  It's just a shame that he's still a Creationist.

Either way, he'd make a good running mate, but I wouldn't want him as President.

And oddly enough, he's from Arkansas. The place where Bill Clinton was a Governor.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/07 at 9:23 pm

"Huckabee" sounds like a Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the sixties.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 9:50 pm

And oddly enough, he's from Arkansas. The place where Bill Clinton was a Governor.

Very true...  Bill is quite a bit different from Mike though.  Mike is more typical of his state.  Bill is far more cosmopolitan than Mike, but they both came from humble beginnings.

Written By: EthanM on 10/23/07 at 11:02 am

Is Duncan hunter still running? The mainstream news never seems to mention him. The first time that I heard of him, and possibly the last until this post, was when I first found conservapedia and they declared Hunter to be the republican frontrunner.

Written By: philbo on 10/23/07 at 12:35 pm

I was wrong.  He's just a more polished version of a Christian nut

Evolution doesn't seem to me to be something a person should "believe in" - it's something that has happened, is happening and will continue to happen, irrespective of what ill-educated presidential wannabes may think.  I would have to say that I personally believe that anyone denying evolution lacks the critical faculties to be in any position of power, whatsoever.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/23/07 at 2:43 pm

"Huckabee" sounds like a Hanna-Barbera cartoon from the sixties.

I believe you may be thinking of Huckleberry Hound.  They both have the same mentality.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/23/07 at 7:02 pm

I believe you may be thinking of Huckleberry Hound.  They both have the same mentality.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/C/htmlC/cartoons/cartoonsIMAGE/cartoons2.JPG
Oh m'darlin'
Oh m'darlin'
OHHH m'darlin'
Clementine....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/23/07 at 7:13 pm

Yeah, that's the ticket!

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/C/htmlC/cartoons/cartoonsIMAGE/cartoons2.JPG
Oh m'darlin'
Oh m'darlin'
OHHH m'darlin'
Clementine....

It's amazing how Hanna-Barbera were so much ahead of their times politically. ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/23/07 at 10:03 pm

....irrespective of what ill-educated presidential wannabes may think.  I would have to say that I personally believe that anyone denying evolution lacks the critical faculties to be in any position of power, whatsoever.

The man has a pretty impressive resumé.  Huckabee is probably the most qualified republican candidate running for president in 2008:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=About.Home

He is considered one of the five "top-tier" republican candidates.  Still, I wouldn't vote for him.  His illegal immigration stance and his support of nanny-state policies like a national smoking ban and an "obesity index" on childrens' report cards are a real turn-off.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/23/07 at 10:24 pm

The man has a pretty impressive resume.  Huckabee is probably the most qualified republican candidate running for president in 2008:

He is considered one of the five "top-tier" republican candidates.  Still, I wouldn't vote for him.  His illegal immigration stance and his support of nanny-state policies like a national smoking ban and an "obesity index" on childrens' report cards is a real turn-off.

Obesity index would be a conflict of interest.  How are you going to Coca-Cola, M&M/Mars, and Nabisco to buy the textbooks you don't want to pay for with taxes?

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/24/07 at 12:52 am

I don't know about Huckabee, but I  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/05/herz.gif Applebee's.

Written By: philbo on 10/24/07 at 4:33 am

The man has a pretty impressive resumé.  Huckabee is probably the most qualified republican candidate running for president in 2008:

Continuing to call for a national emphasis on living a healthy lifestyle, Huckabee completed his fourth book, “Quit Digging Your Grave With A Knife and Fork.” This 12-stop program is a no-nonsense approach to managing one’s health through lifestyle change rather than a simple diet and exercise plan.
Huckabee, 51, enjoys playing bass guitar in his rock-n-roll band, Capitol Offense, which has opened for artists such as Willie Nelson and the Charlie Daniels Band, and has played the House of Blues in New Orleans, the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver, CO and for two presidential inauguration balls.

Love the book title... but a bass player? ;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 10/24/07 at 7:16 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=29138.0;attach=22203;image

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/rvrlynn/Huckananny1.jpg

Written By: Macphisto on 10/24/07 at 5:55 pm

I'm guessing Chuck Norris didn't hear that Huckabee dropped out.

I see many roundhouse kicks for the future of the Republican primaries...

EDIT: I'm sorry folks...  I jumped the gun on this one.  For some reason, I had thought that Huckabee had dropped out.  I must have confused him with someone else....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/07 at 6:25 pm

I say they draft Clint Eastwood for prez with Chuck Norris as veep, that'll keep the terrorists in line and the illegals out!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/29/07 at 9:23 pm

I just saw Huckabee on C-SPAN.  He and the other clowns are in Des Moines at Hy-Yee Hall, I mean this can't be serious!

Anyway, from the bizarre and rambling manner Huckabee has of riding a half-assed joke waaaaaay too far....I, I uh, I can only conclude his speechwriter is Family Guy.

Oh my God and then and then and then Fred Thompson steps up to the podium and he's like a cross between Jethro Clampett and Peter Boyle's Frankenstein monster.

And thanks again to C-SPAN, I saw Tom Tancredo over at Phyllis Schlafly's place.  He's out there scapegoating illegal aliens for absolutely everything including those little kernel shell things you get stuck between your teeth when you eat popcorn....and I want to say this is exactly how Nazi Germany got started, but it's such a cliche no one's going to listen when it really matters.

So who's letting these guys out in public without supervision?  The first thing we should do with Hillary Care is to get these guys PET scans to check for brain lesions!
8-P

Subject: Re: Do you heart Huckabee? THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD!!!! REMEMBER!!!!

Written By: tokjct on 12/02/07 at 12:45 pm

If so why?
If not why not?

[/quote

(Jesus...Do you change subjects much, folks???????) :P

LaffyTaffy and I (Tokjct) loved  I (Heart) Huckabees.  Hoffman & Tomlin wanted something very important-  Get people in touch with themselves and then to realize that we all are a part of the great whole of universal consciousness.  It's a question of giving up one's ego. :D

Incidentally, Juliet Binoche, who was excellent in I Heart...was also a star of the wonderful movie on IFC now...called "CHOCOLAT"...saw it last night...twice...at 10 pm and then again at 3 am...I enjoyed it both times! ;)

peace...Lee

Subject: Re: Do you heart Huckabee? THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD!!!! REMEMBER!!!!

Written By: tokjct on 12/02/07 at 12:49 pm

(Jesus...Do you change subjects much, folks???????) :P

LaffyTaffy and I (Tokjct) loved  I (Heart) Huckabees.  Hoffman & Tomlin wanted something very important-  Get people in touch with themselves and then to realize that we all are a part of the great whole of universal consciousness.  It's a question of giving up one's ego. :D

Incidentally, Juliet Binoche, who was excellent in I Heart...was also a star of the wonderful movie on IFC now...called "CHOCOLAT"...saw it last night...twice...at 10 pm and then again at 3 am...I enjoyed it both times! ;)

peace...Lee

Check for new replies or respond here...