» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 9/11 Truthers even tick off Bill Maher

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 7:44 pm

Bill Maher is one of my favorite commentators and comedians.  I may not always agree with him, but he's a talented guy.  The following clip is him dealing with multiple 9/11 truthers in his audience.  As expected, they behave like morons, but Bill knows how to deal with them...  :)

(Warning: this link contains bad language that angers American Family Association members among many other tightwads.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFmqZVUG7Mw

Subject: Re: 9/11 Truthers even tick off Bill Maher

Written By: Red Ant on 10/20/07 at 8:03 pm

Bill Maher is one of my favorite commentators and comedians.  I may not always agree with him, but he's a talented guy.  The following clip is him dealing with multiple 9/11 truthers in his audience.  As expected, they behave like morons, but Bill knows how to deal with them...  :)

(Warning: this link contains bad language that angers American Family Association members among many other tightwads.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFmqZVUG7Mw

Good posting, thanks. I thought at first it was staged heckling ala Pauly Shore, but after the third one...  ;D

Ant

Written By: Macphisto on 10/20/07 at 8:11 pm

Thanks  :)  Yeah, "staged" was also the first thing that came to my mind, but after watching that...  If it was staged, then it was done very well...  lol...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/20/07 at 11:19 pm

Hello.  I am a fanatic.  You must agree with me all the way at all times on every issue.  And if you don't, I'll come over and p*ss and moan!
:D

Mahar gave the heckler's a little too much juice in my opinion, but he lives for that stuff.  After all, that's the only part of the show I saw!  So it works.  If he didn't want to agitate those clowns he would have just said, "I don't think 9/11 was a controlled demolition." He wouldn't have added: "I agree with President Bush on this one."  He said that to make 'em mad!
Blasphemy!  Burn him at the stake!

Mahar is a guy who's said stuff about Bush so scathing, even a Bush-hater like me would say, "Whoah!  I wouldn't go that far!"  He's anything but a Dubya syncophant.

The one that cracked me up:

Mahar: I agree with President Bush on this one.
Heckler (sounding bovine): Boooo!  Boooooo!
Mahar: And cows disagree with me.
;D

Written By: annonymouse on 10/21/07 at 12:45 am

As expected, they behave like morons, but Bill knows how to deal with them...  :)

i'm sure you've never even had the descency to open your mind to other possibilities. do some research before you post...  :)

Written By: limblifter on 10/21/07 at 5:03 am

i'm sure you've never even had the descency to open your mind to other possibilities. do some research before you post...  :)

Research what, heckling and acting like a jackass on live TV? People can believe what they want. But when you act like an idiot you should be treated like one.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/21/07 at 8:57 am

Thank you, limblifter.  You explained it very concisely for me.

That being said, even if they hadn't acted like idiots and found the right forum to pontificate, I have done the research.  Believe me, the WTC 7 thing did look fishy at first, but once you dig down deep into the details of the event, you discover that it's not so mysterious.

There was, in fact, a controlled demolition of the remainder of the WTC 7 building, but it was long after the collapse of the north and south towers.  The fire department did it because this building had suffered catastrophic damage earlier.  It was just waiting to collapse, and this was the best course of action to allow rescuers to get closer to the remains of the north and south towers.

There's no conspiracy here.  Also, the 4th plane was not shot down, it was brought down by the hijackers as the passengers tried to take control of the plane.  This was verified by the black box recordings from United 93.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/07 at 10:03 am

^ Whether it was or it wasn't is a debate we cannot resolve here, and it's beyond the point.  These clowns were interrupting Bill Mahar's program.  What they were shouting is immaterial.  They could have been shouting, "Jesus saves!  Repent! Repent!"  Wouldn't matter. 

Written By: La Roche on 10/21/07 at 10:12 am

I love Bill Maher, and after this he's risen even further in my esteem.

My final say on the whole 9/11 Conspiracy deal - You seriously think our government is capable of something like this? I don't mean capable in the moral sense, I mean capable in the sense of actually being able to pull it off.. and then not have any one of those greedy bastards sell his story and sell the others down the river!? Ha!

Written By: annonymouse on 10/21/07 at 10:54 am

Research what, heckling and acting like a jackass on live TV? People can believe what they want. But when you act like an idiot you should be treated like one.

obviously you didn't read what part of his post i quoted.

That being said, even if they hadn't acted like idiots and found the right forum to pontificate, I have done the research.  Believe me, the WTC 7 thing did look fishy at first, but once you dig down deep into the details of the event, you discover that it's not so mysterious.

There's no conspiracy here.  Also, the 4th plane was not shot down, it was brought down by the hijackers as the passengers tried to take control of the plane.  This was verified by the black box recordings from United 93.

i'm not talking about building seven or united 93. i'm talking about the world trade centers.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/21/07 at 10:58 am

What is there to debate?  2 planes hit the buildings and they collapsed.  End of story.

Again, do you really believe an administration as incompetent as Bush's could successfully implement what would be the biggest hoax EVER?!

Written By: limblifter on 10/21/07 at 2:08 pm

obviously you didn't read what part of his post i quoted.

Sure I did. You quoted this part of his post:

As expected, they behave like morons, but Bill knows how to deal with them... 

Which to me looks like you take issue with the way Bill Maher treated these morons. Which is exactly what they are, morons.

Written By: La Roche on 10/21/07 at 11:23 pm

Again, do you really believe an administration as incompetent as Bush's could successfully implement what would be the biggest hoax EVER?!

Bingo!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/21/07 at 11:53 pm

I loved how Bill Maher got out of his chair and walked up the stairs and helped shove the guy out himself. 

"COULD YOU GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY BUILDING?!?  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/22/07 at 12:35 am

And now we got ourselves another dreary 9/11 thread.
8-P

Written By: Tia on 10/22/07 at 6:10 pm

i saw that today. i've been suspicious of 9/11 since day 1 but there are a lot of aspects of the 9/11 "truth movement" i find really irksome. i dunno if there's any way of getting into what really IS suspicious about 9/11 without getting into all that cruise missile hitting the pentagon/controlled demolition nonsense. but i think that would serve the cause better.

Written By: Tia on 10/24/07 at 12:30 pm

this is a pretty cool 9/11 conspiracy theory rebutting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylwz3EqpgcU

it doesn't call anyone a crazy a--hole or anything like that, it’s actually pretty sensitive and thoughtful.

Written By: Max Power on 10/24/07 at 12:38 pm

Gotta give Maher props on this one :) ;D

Written By: Tia on 10/24/07 at 12:55 pm

Gotta give Maher props on this one :) ;D
i like maher but he probably ought to be a little bit more tolerant on this. i’ve gone from being pretty much convinced 911 was an inside job to being agnostic on the subject  but i’m not sure yelling at 911 truthers and calling them crazy a--holes helps much. it makes you look like you’re hiding something... i really admire the video above because it takes the ideas on calmly.

hell, maher should go ahead and have his 911 truther show. if he handles it well he could at least help debunk the cruise-missile-hit-the-pentagon and controlled-demolition guys, because i think if there WAS funny business surrounding 911 it has little to do with stuff like that.

i dunno, i like the noam chomsky take on it: was the government in on 911? probably not, but even if they were they’ve done so much more nefarious things since then that’s so much more easily quantifiable it hardly matters.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/07 at 6:49 pm

i like maher but he probably ought to be a little bit more tolerant on this. i’ve gone from being pretty much convinced 911 was an inside job to being agnostic on the subject  but i’m not sure yelling at 911 truthers and calling them crazy a--holes helps much. it makes you look like you’re hiding something... i really admire the video above because it takes the ideas on calmly.

hell, maher should go ahead and have his 911 truther show. if he handles it well he could at least help debunk the cruise-missile-hit-the-pentagon and controlled-demolition guys, because i think if there WAS funny business surrounding 911 it has little to do with stuff like that.

i dunno, i like the noam chomsky take on it: was the government in on 911? probably not, but even if they were they’ve done so much more nefarious things since then that’s so much more easily quantifiable it hardly matters.

Anybody who screams about 9/11 from a TV show audience has made up his mind in the issue.  You've got your conspiracy theory skeptics, your conspiracy theory believers, and your conspiracy theory whackos.  The third type is the type that's still howling about JFK and the Apollo program!
::)

I tend to agree with Noam here. I can't prove it either way, but politicians started making political hay out of 9/11 while the glass was still breaking! 

Noam also alludes to to something I was thinking about in the days following the attacks: For us this is taste of what goes around comes around.  This kind of sh*t goes on somewhere on the planet on ANY given Tuesday.

At this point people say, "Oh, so you're saying we deserved 9/11?"

No.  It's just the heartless cause-and-effect cycle of the universe doing its thing.  You dig?

Written By: Macphisto on 10/24/07 at 7:06 pm

Very true.  Unfortunately, Ron Paul got burned when he said as much at one of the Republican debates.  Apparently, Guiliani didn't like the idea that maybe some past foreign policy blunders pissed off the wrong people.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/24/07 at 7:21 pm

Very true.  Unfortunately, Ron Paul got burned when he said as much at one of the Republican debates.  Apparently, Guiliani didn't like the idea that maybe some past foreign policy blunders pissed off the wrong people.

9/11 is Giuliani's girlfriend, and he's a jealous guy!
:P

Written By: annonymouse on 10/26/07 at 6:13 pm

my god, he acts as if he was in the tower when it got hit by the plane. "i survived 9/11" balogna! you were in NY when it happened. big deal. get over yourself guiliani.

Written By: Macphisto on 10/26/07 at 7:43 pm

my god, he acts as if he was in the tower when it got hit by the plane. "i survived 9/11" balony! you were in NY when it happened. big deal. get over yourself guiliani.

We may disagree on the details and causes of the deaths on 9/11, but I'm glad we can agree that Guiliani is a class-A prick.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/26/07 at 7:47 pm

We may disagree on the details and causes of the deaths on 9/11, but I'm glad we can agree that Guiliani is a class-A prick.

Well, if you're going to be a prick, you might as well be a class-A one, rather than a lame one like that Starkers guy!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...