» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Bridge (documentary)

Written By: KKay on 10/26/07 at 8:52 am

I just saw this film.  It's about all the people that have sommitted suicide by jumping off the San Francisco Bridge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8muNsj1oUpY
it is eerie and disturbing.
If you watch this YouTube clip, it's not just the people climbing over the rail that is sad, but in the very last frame, in the lower right, you can see the splash of a jumper.

It was a painful film.
Any viewers? Comments?

Subject: Re: The Bridge (documentary)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/26/07 at 9:15 am

I haven't seen it, but I do know that people jump off of the Golden Gate all the time.  Even more disturbing is a small trend of parents tossing their young children off.  That has happened more than once.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/26/07 at 7:53 pm

I haven't seen it, but I do know that people jump off of the Golden Gate all the time.  Even more disturbing is a small trend of parents tossing their young children off.  That has happened more than once.

Been to the mall lately?  Can you blame 'em?

(sorry.)
:-\\

Written By: Macphisto on 10/26/07 at 7:54 pm

It looks like it will be a good film.

Although...  I ended up clicking on a Van Halen/Kriss Kross "Jump" video that someone did of a person jumping off of the bridge as well.  Very bad taste...   but I gotta admit that I got a slight chuckle from it.

Written By: KKay on 10/29/07 at 8:23 am

^ haaaaahhahaaa...

I thought it would be kind of amusing in a weird way, but when I saw the first one....holy sheeesh.
the filmmakers said that when they saw womwone up there, they tried to always contact someone and be conscientious about it...
but they were not always on time.

Written By: lorac61469 on 10/29/07 at 12:48 pm

OMG, that was so sad.  I've got the worst feeling right about now, I wish I hadn't watched that. 

It was very painful to see these people take their own lives. 

Written By: Davester on 10/30/07 at 5:01 am

Studies for a suicide barrier on the bridge are ongoing...

Studies for wrapping every resident of California in cotton wool and monitoring them at all times are also ongoing...

Check for new replies or respond here...