» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: U.S. Economic Policy and Gisele Bundchen

Written By: danootaandme on 11/06/07 at 7:50 am

Well, it doesn't take a an economist, or even a student taking economics 101, or even a supermodel to understand that there is a problem with the US dollar.  The Brazilian babes people have written into her contract with Proctor and Gable specifying that she will be paid in Euros and not dollars.  Like it or not, she is probably not the only one, and it is not a stupid move. 

www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/11/05/giselle-bundchen-still-with-patriots-tom-brady-dumps-the?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Subject: Re: U.S. Economic Policy and Gisele Bundchen

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/07 at 9:51 am

This ain't the same country I was born in, nooo sireee!

40 years ago that George Washington dollar bill was synonymous worldwide with stability and prosperity.  Even the communists knew it.  No more. Soon your kids will be demanding their allowance in Euros!  Tommy Friedman kiss my azz!
:D

Written By: Macphisto on 11/06/07 at 9:47 pm

Yep...  Moving to Canada looks like a good idea right about now...  Last time I checked, the Canadian Dollar was worth about $1.08 US Dollars.  Its rise looks like it will continue past the $1.10 mark.

On the bright side, it looks like we're slowly becoming cheap labor....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/06/07 at 10:30 pm

At this rate we're gonna lose our competitive edge on gas prices too.
::)

Written By: karen on 11/06/07 at 10:34 pm

On the whole - we're loving it!

Written By: Macphisto on 11/06/07 at 10:52 pm

On the whole - we're loving it!

If that's a reference to McDonald's and all the newly unemployed who will soon be working there, I would have to agree. ;)

Written By: karen on 11/06/07 at 11:06 pm

If that's a reference to McDonald's and all the newly unemployed who will soon be working there, I would have to agree. ;)

Actually it was a reference to me and my family who have just moved from the UK to the US but still get paid in part in the UK

Written By: Macphisto on 11/06/07 at 11:21 pm

Very cool.  I'd like to visit the U.K. some day.  Granted, now would probably be the worst possible time for me to do that in a financial sense.

But hey, I hope you've enjoyed your stay here.  From your perspective, that exchange rate must look better and better each day.

Check for new replies or respond here...