» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Feeemasons

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/10/07 at 12:59 pm

What do you think of them?

Subject: Re: Feeemasons

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/10/07 at 3:28 pm

They founded this country and the own the military-industrial complex.  What of it?
:D

Written By: Mushroom on 11/15/07 at 10:18 pm

What do you think of them?

Personally, I do not care about them one way or another.  To me, they are simply another outdated fraternal organization.  And these types of groups have largely been dying at the same rate as the WWII generation.

Until the 1960's, Fraternal organizations were huge, and almost everybody belonged to at least one.  Both of my grandfathers were Masons, Oddfellows, VFW, American Legion, and Elks.  My paternal grandfather was also a Shriner.

But today, it is hard to find somebody under 60 that belongs to such an organization.  And in more and more towns you are finding closed Mason halls.

Personally, I never believed the Illuminati conspiracy theories about the Masons.  The modern Masons was embraced by people who were the backbone of the "Age Of Enlightenment", and most of the founding fathers were members, as well as people such as Nat King Cole, Andrew Jackson, Sam Nunn, FDR, and Thurgood Marshall were also Masons.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/16/07 at 7:32 pm

Feeemasons? Never heard of them.

The Freemasons, yes, I've heard of them. My great grandfather earned the 33rd level, the highest attainable, on January 23, 1930 - we have his certificate on the wall in the dining room.

My last boss and coworker were freemasons. I asked my boss about it once, and his response was kinda shaky. A few weeks later I told him about my great-grandfather being a freemason, and he opened up a bit. He mentioned that since I had a blood relative who was a freemason that I was eligible. My mother has said this too, but I can find no references to needing a blood relative to become a freemason.

Freemasons are a fraternal organization, so women need not apply. One of the requirements to becoming a Freemason is believing in a "Supreme Being", so atheists need not apply either. Oh well.  ::)

The conspiracy theories about Freemasons are at least interesting...

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 11/16/07 at 7:53 pm

Freemasons are a fraternal organization, so women need not apply. One of the requirements to becoming a Freemason is believing in a "Supreme Being", so atheists need not apply either. Oh well.  ::)

The conspiracy theories about Freemasons are at least interesting...

Ant

Say you believe in this supreme being:

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Written By: EyesWideAsleep on 11/16/07 at 7:56 pm

Flying Spaghetti Monster

;D

Written By: Red Ant on 11/16/07 at 7:56 pm

Flying Spaghetti Monster

FSM, pfft!

Porcelain God!

The Porcelain God still isn't a supreme being, so I still can't be a Freemason. Oh well.

Ant

Written By: Jessica on 11/16/07 at 8:05 pm

FSM, pfft!

Porcelain God!

The Porcelain God still isn't a supreme being, so I still can't be a Freemason. Oh well.

Ant

I seriously almost spit out my drink when I read that link. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/07 at 6:54 pm

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Heathen!  There is no such thing as the Flying Spaghetti Monster!  Follow the Invisible Pink Unicorn!

Remember the Simpsons spoof on the Freemasons?  "The Cutters," who turn into the "No Homers Club" in the end!
;D

Written By: philbo on 11/19/07 at 5:54 am

Heathen!  There is no such thing as the Flying Spaghetti Monster!  Follow the Invisible Pink Unicorn!

As it happens, I am an acolyte of the Invisible Pink Unicorn

Written By: Powerslave on 11/25/07 at 1:41 am

Well I believe in the China Teapot.

Check for new replies or respond here...