» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Campaign Ads 2007/8

Written By: danootaandme on 12/09/07 at 10:36 am

Well it is time for the new round of campaign ads.  The one that has me screaming at the telly right now is the one with Guiliani telling about the Iranian hostages being put on a plane within an hour of Reagans inauguration. This, he points out, is because they were afraid of a strong leader. He conveniently leaves out the Iran/Contra arms for hostages deal made by the Reagan/Bush campaign and as part of it they had the Iranians hold on to the hostage until inauguration day.  The hostages, public, and the press found out about this during the Iran Contra hearings. 

Subject: Re: Campaign Ads 2007/8

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/09/07 at 12:52 pm

Yeah, it is wonderful how these guys rewrite history (or leave out certain aspects) to make their case. I have not seen that ad. The only ad I have seen is Mitt's saying that he is this wonderful guy who would make a great president.  8-P

Hang on to your hats, folks. It's going to be a bumpy ride from here.

Cat

Subject: Re: Campaign Ads 2007/8

Written By: Macphisto on 12/09/07 at 1:01 pm

Yeah, unfortunately, too many people buy into the Reagan thing with the hostages.

Still, at this point, I'd rather have Guiliani as the Republican nominee than Romney.  Romney just scares me.  Ron Paul is the best Republican by far, but his chance of winning is pretty low.

Check for new replies or respond here...