» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Indict Bush and his cabinet

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/13/07 at 1:01 pm

I say "NO" because then the people who will be running in 2008 would proabably be just Obama since he didn't vote for this war.

Subject: Re: Indite Bush and his cabinet

Written By: Tia on 12/13/07 at 1:33 pm

why would indicting the current bunch have an effect on who's running in 2008? (i voted yes, by the way.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/07 at 2:00 pm

Does a bear go doodoo in the woods?

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/07 at 4:13 pm

Indict them.

It is constitutional and moral imperitive, not a political ploy (as was impeaching Clinton). 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/13/07 at 7:08 pm

Indict them.

It is constitutional and moral imperitive, not a political ploy (as was impeaching Clinton). 

That's just it. The Dems don't want to do it because it would be perceived as revenge for Clinton (which some have said that going after Clinton was revenge for Nixon.)

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/07 at 9:32 pm

That's just it. The Dems don't want to do it because it would be perceived as revenge for Clinton (which some have said that going after Clinton was revenge for Nixon.)

Cat

That's the problem with these clowns.  They're thinking like the mafia, not the leaders of a democratic republic!
::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/13/07 at 10:44 pm

Does a bear go doodoo in the woods?

"I told you, we're not going to comment on any specific techniques."

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/13/07 at 10:53 pm

Oh, INDICT...I was like WTF?  Who's Indite Bush?

Written By: La Roche on 12/14/07 at 12:08 am

I thought it said Indie Bush.. I was thinking, this is a new direction.

Written By: ADH13 on 12/14/07 at 12:21 am

I thought it said Indie Bush.. I was thinking, this is a new direction.

LOL me too... I haven't been to the politics section in ages but this one sparked my curiosity...

Subject: Re: Indict Bush and his cabinet

Written By: Brian06 on 12/14/07 at 12:22 am

Fixed title. :D  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/07 at 12:49 am

"Laura, what's an in-dick-it-ment?"
:D

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/15/07 at 12:54 am

"Laura, what's an in-dick-it-ment?"
:D

Can't we just Move On from the Clinton years? :)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/07 at 12:59 am

Can't we just Move On from the Clinton years? :)

You just worry about us Moving Back into them!

I take a wee bit of comfort in knowing who ever's next can't be worse than Bush, not even Huckabee...not even Romney could be worse than Dubya!
:P

Written By: Tia on 12/15/07 at 8:27 am

You just worry about us Moving Back into them!

I take a wee bit of comfort in knowing who ever's next can't be worse than Bush, not even Huckabee...not even Romney could be worse than Dubya!
:P
that's funny, because i was thinking the right wing has become so loud and insufferable that if a democrat wins, they're basically gonna go completely insane. and it'll be because w. was an ass and of course they'll be finding anyone but themselves to blame for their shortcomings. yanno? so maybe i'll just vote republican. and then move to another country.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/07 at 5:20 pm

that's funny, because i was thinking the right wing has become so loud and insufferable that if a democrat wins, they're basically gonna go completely insane. and it'll be because w. was an ass and of course they'll be finding anyone but themselves to blame for their shortcomings. yanno? so maybe i'll just vote republican. and then move to another country.

Don't worry, a Democrat won't "win" the next election.  They won't, oh believe me, they won't!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif

Written By: Tia on 12/15/07 at 7:23 pm

Don't worry, a Democrat won't "win" the next election.  They won't, oh believe me, they won't!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/diablotin.gif
i dunno, my thinking on it for a while has been, the dems fatten the pig, and the repubs slaughter it. right now the country is pretty lean; i think they need a term or two of marginally competent governance so they can exploit the economy more. so they might let a dem get elected for a term or two, take the fall for the iraq war, pay down the debt for a little while to keep the dollar from crashing, and then they'll elect another republican for a term or two of sweet sweet war. but things are so screwed right now that even if the elections ARE totally fixed, it would probably pay off for them to let the dems pretend to run things for a while.

there! how's THAT for paranoid?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/07 at 12:13 am

i dunno, my thinking on it for a while has been, the dems fatten the pig, and the repubs slaughter it. right now the country is pretty lean; i think they need a term or two of marginally competent governance so they can exploit the economy more. so they might let a dem get elected for a term or two, take the fall for the iraq war, pay down the debt for a little while to keep the dollar from crashing, and then they'll elect another republican for a term or two of sweet sweet war. but things are so screwed right now that even if the elections ARE totally fixed, it would probably pay off for them to let the dems pretend to run things for a while.

there! how's THAT for paranoid?

On the money!

Written By: Davester on 12/16/07 at 10:39 am

I say "NO" because then the people who will be running in 2008 would proabably be just Obama since he didn't vote for this war.

I say "YES" because heaven help us if we leave this precedent, and competent fascists then take the stage...

If we don't impeach Bush, Cheney or their puppets, there will be a grave disturbance in the Force.  I seriously think the guidance of our Founders, and the Constitution is adequate for our understanding if we will only take heed...

HR-333: Impeaching Richard B. Cheney, Vice President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors

Edited: to add link...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/16/07 at 12:44 pm

Well, we let Ronald Reagan off the hook and he conducted an illegal war in El Salvador. Congress said no to Reagan, but they handed the reins over to Dubya and said, "Here do whatever you want."  That was stupid and perhaps unconstitutional, but any senator or congressman/woman can't b*tch if they voted for the war powers resolution. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/16/07 at 2:40 pm

Well, we let Ronald Reagan off the hook and he conducted an illegal war in El Salvador. Congress said no to Reagan, but they handed the reins over to Dubya and said, "Here do whatever you want."  That was stupid and perhaps unconstitutional, but any senator or congressman/woman can't b*tch if they voted for the war powers resolution. 

In many people's opions still...Regan was a screw-up. Watch "The Ronnie Horror Picture Show" on YouTube which was a skit on Fridays starring Michael Richards.

And in my opinion...Bush and W are both Regan Republicans.

Check for new replies or respond here...