» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Airlines Outsource Maintenance -To CHINA!!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/21/07 at 5:10 pm

Yes, that's right folks. U.S. airlines have outsourced its maintenance to China.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/20/AR2005082000979.html

Apparently, this has been going on for years but I only heard about it for the first time yesterday because of a story they had on CNN. This is totally ridiculous. And of course, it is all because of the bottom line. It just totally makes me sick how these corporations are selling U.S. jobs to the lowest bidder and they could care less about safety of the people who are buying their products.

Cat

Subject: Re: Airlines Outsource Maintenance -To CHINA!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/21/07 at 5:16 pm

OMG!  Now our airline food is gonna taste like lead!  :o

Oh wait...

Written By: Macphisto on 12/21/07 at 5:27 pm

Yep...  what falls under the "free trade" agenda is often quite shameless.

Written By: Red Ant on 12/21/07 at 6:19 pm

Not to be a party pooper, but I didn't see in that article where plane maintenance has been outsourced to China - lots of other foreign countries, but not China.

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/21/07 at 6:23 pm

Not to be a party pooper, but I didn't see in that article where plane maintenance has been outsourced to China - lots of other foreign countries, but not China.

Ant

The story on CNN last night said China. I tried to find the story on CNN.com to post a link but when I did a search on CNN, the Washington Post article came up. I didn't even read the article.  :-[  Like I said, I was just going by what they were saying on CNN.

Cat

Written By: Red Ant on 12/21/07 at 6:38 pm

The story on CNN last night said China. I tried to find the story on CNN.com to post a link but when I did a search on CNN, the Washington Post article came up. I didn't even read the article.  :-Ant

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/21/07 at 7:10 pm

Well, it's not the airlines' fault greedy American mechanics won't work for two bucks an hour! It's the unions.  Buncha commies!
:-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 12/22/07 at 6:17 am

Every year we take a train trip, then fly back.  This year, because of my frequent rider miles we opted to train it both ways.  Our airplane experiences are never good, our train trips are always good.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/22/07 at 3:07 pm

Every year we take a train trip, then fly back.  This year, because of my frequent rider miles we opted to train it both ways.  Our airplane experiences are never good, our train trips are always good.  :)

Unfortunately, there isn't a train to Puerto Rico.  :-\\  The only boats going are the cruise liners and they only stop there for a few hours and if you want to stay for 2 weeks (or longer), you have to buy TWO FULL tickets (one for the way down there and one for the way back) since they don't have "one-way" tickets. So, the only way to really get there is to fly.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/30/07 at 11:27 pm

This is why I dislike Nixon the most, he strengthened China by granting them free-trade. Now look at it, and Bush is just adding fuel to this fire as well as others.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/31/07 at 1:00 am

This is why I dislike Nixon the most, he strengthened China by granting them free-trade. Now look at it, and Bush is just adding fuel to this fire as well as others.

Nah, even Tricky Dick is spinning in his grave.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...