» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 1/3/2008

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/30/07 at 10:20 pm

This will be the first time that we find out how Hilary, Obama, Edwards, Romney, Gullianni, and the rest will lead in Iowa and we'll find out if they still stay that way. (I sooooo want Obama to win.)  ;)

Subject: Re: 1/3/2008

Written By: snozberries on 12/30/07 at 10:31 pm

This will be the first time that we find out how Hilary, Obama, Edwards, Romney, Gullianni, and the rest will lead in Iowa and we'll find out if they still stay that way. (I sooooo want Obama to win.)  ;)

Whatever that date is payday so I can finally get out from behind some of my Xmas bills!!!!  ;D

Written By: Macphisto on 12/31/07 at 7:48 pm

I certainly hope Obama gets it as well.

As for the Republicans, well...  Ron Paul really doesn't stand a chance, and choosing between Romney and Huckabee is pretty nauseating.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/01/08 at 7:07 pm

As for the Republicans, well...  Ron Paul really doesn't stand a chance, and choosing between Romney and Huckabee is pretty nauseating.

I dislike Romney because of Mormonism (This was why many rules such as marriage had strict laws.) And Huckabee is very judgemental.

And this is me, but I always say 'dislike' instead of 'hate' because hate is too damn strong.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/01/08 at 9:06 pm

I think it's quite humorous, actually, and I will until I wake up on January 21, 2009, on the first full day of the Romeny-Huckabee Administration!
:o

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/02/08 at 1:22 am

Predictions for Iowa:

Democrats:

John Edwards
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton

No other democrat reaches 15%.

Republicans:

Mike Huckabee
Mitt Romney
Ron Paul
John McCain
Fred Thompson
Rudy Giuliani
Duncan Hunter
Alan Keyes

Written By: Macphisto on 01/02/08 at 6:30 pm

If Edwards actually ends up on top in Iowa, that'll be awesome.  I don't think that's going to happen though.

Written By: SemperYoda on 01/02/08 at 6:50 pm

I dislike Romney because of Mormonism (This was why many rules such as marriage had strict laws.) And Huckabee is very judgemental.

And this is me, but I always say 'dislike' instead of 'hate' because hate is too damn strong.

I dislike any candidate who puts religious ideals in front of leading the country.  Mormon ideals may be a little whacked, but alot of them are good people.  Im sure the same goes with all religions.  However, I dont want anyone leading the country who wins based on his religion or whether they have to defend their religion in the first place.   

I hope Obama gets the ticket because for some reason, I think he is the only candidate that can bridge the divide in the country at this time.  Thing is, he maybe too good for this country.  He also doesn't speak in dummy terms for the heartland of America.  Oh No!  What are they going to do without a good ole boy like Bush? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/02/08 at 7:38 pm

Predictions for Iowa:

Democrats:

John Edwards
Barack Obama
Hillary Clinton

No other democrat reaches 15%.

Republicans:

Mike Huckabee
Mitt Romney
Ron Paul
John McCain
Fred Thompson
Rudy Giuliani
Duncan Hunter
Alan Keyes

Good prediction.  We shall see. 

Hillary might not take the lead in Iowa, but I'll be shocked if she doesn't get the nomination.  She has out-Republicaned the Republicans.  She took the most money from military-industrial interests.  She's got it sewn up.  She might very well be the first woman president if she's up against Romney or Huckabee.  By the end July nobody's gonna be able stand either of those guys.  The only reason Romney won the governorship of Massachusetts is the Dems ran a weak campaign with a non-entity candidate. 

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/02/08 at 9:50 pm

I think it's quite humorous, actually, and I will until I wake up on January 21, 2009, on the first full day of the Romeny-Huckabee Administration! :o

I dunno. Everyone gets a couple of months between the election and the inauguration. Depending on which side of the Canadian border you wake up on, it could be hilarious! 

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/02/08 at 10:05 pm

I dislike any candidate who puts religious ideals in front of leading the country.  Mormon ideals may be a little whacked, but alot of them are good people.  Im sure the same goes with all religions.  However, I dont want anyone leading the country who wins based on his religion or whether they have to defend their religion in the first place.   

I hope Obama gets the ticket because for some reason, I think he is the only candidate that can bridge the divide in the country at this time.  Thing is, he maybe too good for this country.  He also doesn't speak in dummy terms for the heartland of America.  Oh No!  What are they going to do without a good ole boy like Bush? 

That's why (In a way) Bush is disliked because of his Religious mores. But that's many people's opinions.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/02/08 at 11:51 pm

Good prediction.  We shall see. 

I was (and still am) iffy on second place.  I'll predict Obama, but wouldn't be surprised if Clinton gets it.

First place I really believe is going to be John Edwards.  I think most of the second-voters, who caucus for Dodd, Biden, Richardson, etc. originally will break mostly towards Edwards.  It doesn't mean I think Edwards will be the democrat's nominee, just that he'll win Iowa.  He's pretty far back right now in New Hampshire, South Carolina and many of these early states.  Though so was John Kerry.  Kerry was polling 4% in Iowa on December 17, 2003, and he won it.  So things can change quickly.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/03/08 at 1:33 am

I was (and still am) iffy on second place.  I'll predict Obama, but wouldn't be surprised if Clinton gets it.

First place I really believe is going to be John Edwards.  I think most of the second-voters, who caucus for Dodd, Biden, Richardson, etc. originally will break mostly towards Edwards.  It doesn't mean I think Edwards will be the democrat's nominee, just that he'll win Iowa.  He's pretty far back right now in New Hampshire, South Carolina and many of these early states.  Though so was John Kerry.  Kerry was polling 4% in Iowa on December 17, 2003, and he won it.  So things can change quickly.

I so hope you're right.  I like Obama, but Hillary scares the hell out of me.  Still, I think Edwards is the most electable of all 3.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/03/08 at 12:19 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing either Obama or Edwards.  I just don't think Hillary will make a good president.  I think she is way too polarizing and this country needs someone who can bring this country together....as together as it can be brought anyway. ;D

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/03/08 at 12:33 pm

Obama was at 31 percent among likely Democratic caucus-goers, Edwards at 27 percent and Clinton 24 percent. No other Democrat was in double digits.

In the Republican race, Mike Huckabee expanded his lead to six points, 31 to 25 percent, over former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, the one-time leader in Iowa who has attacked Huckabee for his record as Arkansas governor.

Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson is in third place in the Republican race at 11 percent and Arizona Sen. John McCain slipped two points to 10 percent. Texas Rep. Ron Paul also registered 10 percent.

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSN0264367920080103

Written By: Dagwood on 01/03/08 at 12:50 pm

So what happened to Giuliani?  I admit I tend to zone when his name is mentioned because he skeeves me out so I have no clue.  Did is ratings just drop or what?

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/03/08 at 1:05 pm

So what happened to Giuliani?  I admit I tend to zone when his name is mentioned because he skeeves me out so I have no clue.  Did is ratings just drop or what?

Rudy Giuliani hasn't really bothered to campaign in Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina.  His campaign strategy is to focus all his time, money and efforts on big states like California, New York and Florida and various other delegate-rich states that vote on 'Super Tuesday' on February 5.

So Giuliani is pretty much a lock to finish sixth tonight, below Huckabee, Romney, Paul, McCain and Thompson.  He'll beat Duncan Hunter though.

Written By: Davester on 01/03/08 at 1:18 pm

Let's just outsource the White House to Halliburton, and skip the election.  Huck'll be the Messiah...

Written By: Dagwood on 01/03/08 at 1:20 pm

Rudy Giuliani hasn't really bothered to campaign in Iowa, New Hampshire or South Carolina.  His campaign strategy is to focus all his time, money and efforts on big states like California, New York and Florida and various other delegate-rich states that vote on 'Super Tuesday' on February 5.

So Giuliani is pretty much a lock to finish sixth tonight, below Huckabee, Romney, Paul, McCain and Thompson.  He'll beat Duncan Hunter though.

I see.  Thanks.  I would be happy if he didn't show up for any of them.  I just can't stand the man. 

Written By: Davester on 01/03/08 at 2:25 pm

Go Hillary. :)

???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/08 at 3:02 pm

I could see any of the Dems in the White House-EXCEPT Hillary. She really scares me. If she gets in, I'm afraid it is going to be the status quo. I even like Chris Dodd better than Hillary. So yeah, I'm hoping that it is anyone but...

Cat

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/03/08 at 3:12 pm

I just can't stand the man. 

I'm sure this new Giuliani television ad will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iFhGtKO-Q

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/03/08 at 3:14 pm

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/giuliani_to_run_for_president_of_9

True story.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/03/08 at 4:04 pm

I'm sure this new Giuliani television ad will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2iFhGtKO-Q

Nope, still can't stand him.  I think he is a slimeball and I don't think that will ever change.

;D You crack me up, Rice.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/03/08 at 7:03 pm

Let's just outsource the White House to Halliburton, and skip the election.  Huck'll be the Messiah...

The Messiah?  Huck's closer to Jim Nabors!
:D

I'm glad to see Hillary behind Obama and Edwards, but it won't last.  Hillary's got all the big money sewn up. 

Written By: Macphisto on 01/03/08 at 8:35 pm

Nope, still can't stand him.  I think he is a slimeball and I don't think that will ever change.

;D You crack me up, Rice.

I used to feel that way about Rudy.  But compared to Romney and Huckabee, Rudy's a reasonable candidate.  He's more Libertarian than Republican, which is a good thing.

Thompson isn't bad either, but neither Rudy nor Thompson have the religious right vote, which is why neither of them will win the Republican nomination.

Check for new replies or respond here...