» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Vote for Ralph Wiggum

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/06/08 at 10:40 pm

Pick a winner!

Subject: Re: Vote for Ralph Wiggum

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/08 at 12:59 am

We've got Nelson in the Whitheous now!
::)

Written By: danootaandme on 01/07/08 at 6:43 am

Ha Ha!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/08 at 8:47 am

best part of last night's episode is their Rush clone in the Republican HQ trying to point out that Ralph wasn't that different from George W and look how well that turned out... to icy stares.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/07/08 at 10:16 am

best part of last night's episode is their Rush clone in the Republican HQ trying to point out that Ralph wasn't that different from George W and look how well that turned out... to icy stares.

I'd still like to see The Comic Book Guy meet-up with Bush and as he says 'Hi', Comig Book Guy walks away and says "Worst President Ever"

And Cheese from Foster's Home should be VP.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/08 at 12:51 pm

Huckabee could be Ned Flanders.
:P

Huckabee for Presidentaroonee!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/08 at 1:44 pm

Huckabee could be Ned Flanders.
:P

Huckabee for Presidentaroonee!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/06/AR2008010602261_pf.html

he is raising God's Army for the 2008 election... I'd say Reverend Lovejoy, but Flanders is more religious

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/08 at 2:16 pm

here's the ad... it's poorly ripped, wish my DVR didn't chop it in half or I would have ripped a better video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lSiGnb5AfL8

I'm Ralph Wiggum, and I've been a good boy!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/07/08 at 4:02 pm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/06/AR2008010602261_pf.html

he is raising God's Army for the 2008 election... I'd say Reverend Lovejoy, but Flanders is more religious

"Soldiers for Christ"?

How would the media react if a Muslim politician declared he was "raising an army of soldiers for Mohammed"?

Exactly.  Somehow religious zealotry is just fine with our corporate media so long as it's Christian zealotry!

Funny you mention Reverend Lovejoy.  I always wondered if Al Gore was the inspiration for the voice of the Reverend.  Sounds just like Gore, IMO.
;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/07/08 at 4:24 pm

"Soldiers for Christ"?

How would the media react if a Muslim politician declared he was "raising an army of soldiers for Mohammed"?

Exactly.  Somehow religious zealotry is just fine with our corporate media so long as it's Christian zealotry!

Funny you mention Reverend Lovejoy.  I always wondered if Al Gore was the inspiration for the voice of the Reverend.  Sounds just like Gore, IMO.
;D

he turns up a lot on Futurama... but the only Simpsons reference I can remember is the road trip episode to Knoxville, TN where Martin spends his last ten dollars on an Al Gore doll.  "You are hearing me speak"  I'd be surprised if they knew of him back in 1990 when he was first voiced.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/08/08 at 9:37 pm

he turns up a lot on Futurama... but the only Simpsons reference I can remember is the road trip episode to Knoxville, TN where Martin spends his last ten dollars on an Al Gore doll.  "You are hearing me speak"  I'd be surprised if they knew of him back in 1990 when he was first voiced.

It's certainly possible.  Al was a big name in the senate by 1990.  But it's not likely--unless Harry Shearer was watching C-SPAN for inspiration, which is certainly possible--but not likely.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/10/08 at 3:50 pm

Tuesday's "TheA Daily Show"

Stewart suggested the attitude of the Republican Party to Huckabee and the evangelical voters could be compared to the Simpsons, where Ned Flanders is "a great next-door neighbor ... because he'll do all the legwork, but when it comes down to it, you want President Homer."

"I don't think we want President Homer," said Frum.

"We have President Homer," Stewart insisted.

"But much skinnier," was Frum's comeback.

Check for new replies or respond here...