» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Oral Roberts turns 90 next week!

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/19/08 at 7:40 pm

Yep, one of the many evangelical cons will be 90 this Thursday. What should we give him for his Birthday?

Subject: Re: Oral Roberts turns 90 next week!

Written By: Macphisto on 01/19/08 at 7:45 pm

A free one way trip to Guantanamo...  j/k

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/19/08 at 8:04 pm

so it is true... only the good die young

Written By: La Roche on 01/19/08 at 8:28 pm

A free one way trip to Guantanamo...  j/k

A free one way trip to theran?

Written By: Jessica on 01/19/08 at 9:02 pm

A hooker with gonorrhea.

Written By: holicman on 01/19/08 at 9:09 pm

A reality trip on what he preaches.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/08 at 7:06 am

I would like him to see himself as he really is.  A mean spirited bigoted old man with a lot of explaining to do.

Written By: La Roche on 01/20/08 at 9:54 am

Let's send him to a Bulls game, then when he's done hating on every single person in the building.. they'll eviscerate him.

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/08 at 10:21 am

More concrete and bricks?

Written By: McDonald on 01/20/08 at 1:54 pm

A tax audit.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/20/08 at 4:25 pm

Yep, one of the many evangelical cons will be 90 this Thursday. What should we give him for his Birthday?

Oral!
:D

Written By: danootaandme on 01/20/08 at 4:44 pm

I wonder if Oral has ever engaged in oral? 

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/20/08 at 6:58 pm

A new earpiece to hear the voice of God?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/20/08 at 6:59 pm

I really think that he should get exactly what he gave a little old lady who lived in a house that was on a piece of property that Oral wanted to put his hospital on. She FINALLY gave in with the stipulation that he could have the land AFTER she died. He pulled a fast one and forced her out of her home. He's a Christian my ass. Anyway, for his birthday, I think he should be forced out of his home with no where else to go.

Oh wait, didn't God tell him that he was going to take his life if he didn't raise so much $$$? Did he raise that or did God give him an extension? Maybe God doesn't want him at all which is why he is still with us.  ::)

Cat

Written By: saver on 01/20/08 at 10:43 pm

When someone of note makes it to such a milestone age, you are supposed to recognize them for all their years of contributing good to the world, like.....um....
there was ....no,.....hmmm...who is he again?  and what has he done???

The there are those who graduated from his prestigious school(a University nontheless)...good people from there like....uh.....well  know of a dj on a  San Diego morining show that went to it....that's good, right? :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/20/08 at 10:53 pm

A hooker with gonorrhea.

Given such a diagnosis, the hooker's already having a pretty miserable day. What do you have against hookers?

My gift: An MP3 of MC 900 Foot Jesus breakthrough track "Truth Is Out Of Style".  (Oral can have the MP3.  Ain't nobody touchin' the vinyl!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/22/08 at 9:30 pm

Given such a diagnosis, the hooker's already having a pretty miserable day. What do you have against hookers?

My gift: An MP3 of MC 900 Foot Jesus breakthrough track "Truth Is Out Of Style".  (Oral can have the MP3.  Ain't nobody touchin' the vinyl!)

Uh, I saw that one for $4.00 at our local used record store, which surprised me because it wasn't in the buck bin!  I'm not saying MC900FJ is bad, it's just that the vinyl market has dwindled to a collectors' market. Collectors hunt for mint copies of King Crimson and Charlie Parker!
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...