» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: new study determines that bush lied, people died.

Written By: Tia on 01/23/08 at 9:57 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_go_pr_wh/misinformation_study;_ylt=AhgH.dLI6bIwa2ZXpVxHI0as0NUE

on the one hand this can be filed in the "no duh" department, but on the other, i'm glad to have it made official. i imagine on FOX the headline for this is, "advocacy group with liberal pro-defeat agenda nitpicks the president's public statements to undermine the war on terror." ::)

Subject: Re: new study determines that bush lied, people died.

Written By: Jessica on 01/23/08 at 10:29 am

This is like those studies that say working too long and hard can kill you, or overeating can contribute to weight gain. ::)

And yet Rice Cube and his field usually have to beg for money for cancer research.... :P

Written By: danootaandme on 01/23/08 at 12:21 pm

....and now on to the economy(that is definitely not the word)

Written By: Tia on 01/23/08 at 12:25 pm

....and now on to the economy(that is definitely not the word)
man, that's what's scary. they've been saying the iraq war is already on track to cost us more than vietnam and all that stagflation stuff in the late 70s that got jimmy carter in so much hot water? totally related to the damage done to the economy by the vietnam war. makes me think history's about to repeat itself, the repubs have been stuffing their pockets with fat no-bid contracts and war-profiteering for the past few years and now that it's time to pay the piper, a demo is about to get elected so that they can get blamed for it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/23/08 at 6:38 pm

We've known for years those assh*les lied.

Surprise, surprise...the evil men acted evil.
Problem is the good men did nothing to stop them; in fact, most of them voted to surrender their constitutional authority to an unelected dictator.  Thus, Clinton and Obama are culpable. 

Written By: McDonald on 01/23/08 at 9:18 pm

Sounds like a study about some sh!t I already knew...  ::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/23/08 at 9:36 pm

Sounds like a study about some sh!t I already knew...  ::)

I don't like the Congress and Senate much. They have people in there that will be in there until they die. It seems that they have more power than the President himself.

As of now our President is the Cleveland of Presidents, but history changes so we can't tell.

Written By: Davester on 01/23/08 at 11:31 pm

As of now our President is the Cleveland of Presidents, but history changes so we can't tell.

I like the running "Cleveland" schtick in your posts.  Good job...

I consider Mr. President to be the East Palo Alto of presidents only because I don't know Cleveland at all...

Written By: Tia on 01/24/08 at 3:26 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb1K47_ZoXk

olbermann's take on the new Bush Lie Database.

Written By: Davester on 01/24/08 at 3:46 am

I wonder how many of those were outright lies and how many were attributable to general bumblefu*kery..?

Actually, I had him at 1000 lies so he owes me change...

Written By: Tia on 01/24/08 at 3:54 am

I wonder how many of those were outright lies and how many were attributable to general bumblefu*kery..?

Actually, I had him at 1000 lies so he owes me change...
i think some of the things, like condolleezza rice saying " no one could have envisioned using planes as weapons," could have been a result of being ill-informed and not bothering to check what you're saying before you say it, but the stuff like "we know where the WMDs are" and "it's pretty much established bin laden met with saddam's people in prague" can be nothing except lies because they're adding this extra clause that they're SURE of what they're saying.

Written By: Davester on 01/24/08 at 4:15 am

i think some of the things, like condolleezza rice saying " no one could have envisioned using planes as weapons," could have been a result of being ill-informed and not bothering to check what you're saying before you say it, but the stuff like "we know where the WMDs are" and "it's pretty much established bin laden met with saddam's people in prague" can be nothing except lies because they're adding this extra clause that they're SURE of what they're saying.

Can you imagine this kind of presidential scrutiny, say, fifty years ago?  Might've been a different world...

Ah, I harken back to the days when a real president was sticking a real cigar into one of the electorate, for today we have an unelected impostor sticking something a lot more spiky and pernicious into all of us...

I've not given up hope for an impeachment.  Keith seems to suggest a retroactive impeachment...

Written By: Tia on 01/24/08 at 4:22 am

Can you imagine this kind of presidential scrutiny, say, fifty years ago?  Might've been a different world...

Ah, I harken back to the days when a real president was sticking a real cigar into one of the electorate, for today we have an unelected impostor sticking something a lot more spiky and pernicious into all of us...

I've not given up hope for an impeachment.  Keith seems to suggest a retroactive impeachment...

im not sure it's a function of the time so much as that there's been so many mistakes in governance the past few years that now everyone's antennae are up. it doesnt seem like he was getting a lot of scrutiny before the war turned south. we'd be living in a different world if he had.

cigar line's great. as is olbermann's suggestion of a retroactive impeachment. although i think the current administration's place in the dustbin of history is pretty well set, impeachment or no. if this president isn't impeached, the next president is likely to end up using the excessive powers he set up. although... the republicans are a lot more profligate in using the impeachment option, i could see them impeaching the next president for daring to try and use the excessive powers the republicans themselves spent the last six years establishing. it's going to be interesting to see how unpleasant the repubs wind up being under a demo presidency and dem-controlled congress. i think they're going to be quite, quite incredibly unpleasant.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/08 at 6:52 am

:o

At first I thought you meant as in Grover Cleveland, for whom I haven't much love.

Written By: Davester on 01/24/08 at 7:13 am

im not sure it's a function of the time so much as that there's been so many mistakes in governance the past few years that now everyone's antennae are up. it doesnt seem like he was getting a lot of scrutiny before the war turned south. we'd be living in a different world if he had.

cigar line's great. as is olbermann's suggestion of a retroactive impeachment. although i think the current administration's place in the dustbin of history is pretty well set, impeachment or no. if this president isn't impeached, the next president is likely to end up using the excessive powers he set up. although... the republicans are a lot more profligate in using the impeachment option, i could see them impeaching the next president for daring to try and use the excessive powers the republicans themselves spent the last six years establishing. it's going to be interesting to see how unpleasant the repubs wind up being under a demo presidency and dem-controlled congress. i think they're going to be quite, quite incredibly unpleasant.

Impeachment could be just what the Republicans need.  Sort of an occupational therapy...

And so it goes...

...a politician lied to us 935 times to gain support for their agenda...

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/08 at 9:06 am

At first I thought you meant as in Grover Cleveland, for whom I haven't much love.

Grover Cleveland wasn't that good either.

The worst ever was acrually in the Democratic Party and it wasn't Carter, it was Franklin Peirce and James Buchanan.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/08 at 11:40 am

Grover Cleveland wasn't that good either.

The worst ever was acrually in the Democratic Party and it wasn't Carter, it was Franklin Peirce and James Buchanan.

Jackson was a Jerk

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/08 at 3:30 pm

Jackson was a Jerk

I can agree with Jackson because of the 'Trail of Tears' and the National Bank which made him unpopular.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/24/08 at 8:02 pm

Jackson was a Jerk

Whistle while you work
Hitler is a jerk
Mussolini bit my weenie now it doesn't work!
:P

Written By: Davester on 01/24/08 at 11:17 pm

Whistle while you work
Hitler is a jerk
Mussolini bit my weenie now it doesn't work!
:P

Is that from a movie, or something?  I remember my dad telling me that when I was a kid...

It was the funniest thing I'd ever heard up to that time...

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/08 at 10:15 am

I learned it a bit different

Whistle while you work
Hitler is a jerk
Mussolini bit his weenie now it doesn't squirt  ::)

Written By: Tia on 01/25/08 at 1:28 pm

^ouch! that's late night.

Written By: saver on 01/25/08 at 8:49 pm

Impeachment could be just what the Republicans need.  Sort of an occupational therapy...

And so it goes...

...a politician lied to us 935 times to gain support for their agenda...

It'll never happen to Bush or Cheney....

Bush sure was good at lying some say, but looking at the other side-Clinton, Kerry, and other Dems that bought into it have to be wearing a big 'ol  pair of Donkey ears for buying it hook, line and sinker...The war is just-if you wanted al-k to come over here on our land, as well as infiltrate and destroy our allies, that's where it was heading ....from what I hear, that's why I believe it would have been done...we have to pick our wars, so, if there was a convincing to go for Iraq, we did it...it's aftermath usually is ugly.....
With so many lies-as some say there were...what's that tell you about the judgement of the rest at the top who didn't present this as it took place....backpeddling mimes is what they are!

Written By: Davester on 01/26/08 at 5:44 am

It'll never happen to Bush or Cheney....

Bush sure was good at lying some say, but looking at the other side-Clinton, Kerry, and other Dems that bought into it have to be wearing a big 'ol  pair of Donkey ears for buying it hook, line and sinker...The war is just-if you wanted al-k to come over here on our land, as well as infiltrate and destroy our allies, that's where it was heading ....from what I hear, that's why I believe it would have been done...we have to pick our wars, so, if there was a convincing to go for Iraq, we did it...it's aftermath usually is ugly.....
With so many lies-as some say there were...what's that tell you about the judgement of the rest at the top who didn't present this as it took place....backpeddling mimes is what they are!

Bush, Clinton and Kerry are politicians, whatever they call themselves.  Frankly I'm about sick of the whole thing.  Primaries, polls, &etc...I expect nothing but mediocrity, inaction, partisan posturing and incompetence.  I will say, however, that objection to Bush's Iraq policy led to a Democratic majority in the House and Senate, who sought to impose limitations on the funding for this war.  That's kinda positive...

I only ask this because I'm curious - do you think the invasion and occupation of Iraq has anything to do with oil..? 

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/26/08 at 12:59 pm

Bush, Clinton and Kerry are politicians, whatever they call themselves.  Frankly I'm about sick of the whole thing.  Primaries, polls, &etc...I expect nothing but mediocrity, inaction, partisan posturing and incompetence.  I will say, however, that objection to Bush's Iraq policy led to a Democratic majority in the House and Senate, who sought to impose limitations on the funding for this war.  That's kinda positive...

I only ask this because I'm curious - do you think the invasion and occupation of Iraq has anything to do with oil..?   

They're just making it about oil. Oil is a rare resource and it's running out. We had that chance to find alternatives in the 1970's, but they never got around it. In the 90's since there was an econimic boom with the internet and all that, we bought SUV's which needed a lot of gas. Now we're getting that crunch and riding the bus everywhere since we can't afford the gas. Also, we can't drill in certain areas for oil since that's killing the environment and in 2005, the oil levees broke because of Katrina. Iran is threatning us with oil and in Nigeria, there's a civil war there. Africa has oil, but we never declared war on them, I think this war was all about killing Saddam and WMD's which nobody gave information to the President because they want us to be scared and have a scapegoat.

I'm not much into Bush either. I just vote and let them deal with it. I'm also very moderate and though I'm voting for Obama in the Primaries (Because I dislike Clinton more so than Bush), but I'm going for McCain in the General Election if he wins.

This also depends on who you ask.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/26/08 at 2:20 pm

Bush & Cheney better watch themselves:

http://www.rutlandherald.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080126/NEWS04/801260359/1003/NEWS02

Of course that will never happen. Vermont? What state is that in?  ::)  I think Cheney was here once but I don't think Dubya has ever been here.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 01/26/08 at 5:14 pm

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/2/17/785141/O_RLY.jpg

Written By: Tia on 01/26/08 at 7:28 pm

i saw this, thought it was fun.

"Sunday, December 9, 2007
The Awesome Spectacle of Defeat

George W. Bush will disappear under an avalanche of wordless humiliation. I say "wordless" because he will be far beyond speechless, buried alive by the crushing shame of his defeat. When he loses it will not be enough that he has reached the end of his bulls***, it will only be enough that his spirit dies, he is left broken, he stares into the nothingness of deep space and is too shattered to even cry. This will happen. History will destroy him completely and the maniacal laughter of humanitarians will fill the suddenly fertile night.

This will happen: people will f*** in the street like dogs and passersby will applaud feverishly, screaming, "Yes! Do It!" Our animal selves will be unleashed as we howl our insanity at everything that has been done to the world in our stupid f***ing names. The children of ultra-conservative scum will wail in terror as they witness their wall-eyed parents staring sightlessly into oblivion. These warmonger f***s will cradle their weapons, seeking solace that can never be. All over the world, thinking, feeling people will hope like pilgrims these murdering pieces of s*** splatter their brains in a final show of stone-age stupidity.

George W. Bush will be voted out in such a way he will experience his very spirit being brutally executed. He will finally, truly, become the empty suit he was born to be, the result of autocratic inbreeding, the full-stop at the end of our dinosaur rulers' death-sentence. Oh sure! Utopia won't break out immediately, but a massive victory for the human race will be noted as progressives everywhere finally understand the powerful taste of our enemy's demon blood.

When George W. Bush feels his soul die he will not wonder what comes next for he will have become an elite zombie. He will feel nothing. Ever. Again. He will write his memoirs, repainting the past in his recockulous cartoon image. Utterly dead inside he will go through the motions of
publicly reflecting on the great achievements of his reign of terror. His conscience dead, he will do
speaking tours, mouthing conservative platitudes, free-market bumper sticker bulls***. There will be no-one home, no inner life, no silent voice. It will be over for this always doomed innocent.

The world will move on, as it does, other leaders will fail to come up to scratch. They will be responsible for all sorts of callous f***ed-upness, but they will never touch the monumental
failure standard of one of the worst and most deluded leaders of all time. This is a great moment of history. This is the coming end of our long international nightmare. This is the beginning of the end of the maggot-grip of the American Military-Industrial bloodbath."

has a davey-esque feel to it, does it not?

http://theseanbedlam.blogspot.com/

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/26/08 at 7:58 pm

Is that from a movie, or something?  I remember my dad telling me that when I was a kid...

It was the funniest thing I'd ever heard up to that time...

I don't know its origins but it's been around at least since I was in elementary school; that's where I heard it! 

I remember one kid mis-heard it and was chanting "muscle-meanie."  I told him who Mussolini was.  "Muscle-meanie bit my weenie" puts a whole different kinda spin on it!

It's also one of the rhymes Matt Groening included in his schoolyard chants panel in "School is Hell."  He added "Repeat until spanked"!
;D

I learned it a bit different

Whistle while you work
Hitler is a jerk
Mussolini bit his weenie now it doesn't squirt  ::)

I'm sure I wasn't the first, but I did alter it to "Mussolini bit my weenie now it doesn't squirt" to, erm, juice it up a bit. 

It's like that thing they used to say to make Ben mad in 7th grade:  "How do you make Ben-Gay?  Squeeze his tube!"
:-\\

Written By: Davester on 01/26/08 at 11:58 pm

They're just making it about oil. Oil is a rare resource and it's running out. We had that chance to find alternatives in the 1970's, but they never got around it. In the 90's since there was an econimic boom with the internet and all that, we bought SUV's which needed a lot of gas. Now we're getting that crunch and riding the bus everywhere since we can't afford the gas. Also, we can't drill in certain areas for oil since that's killing the environment and in 2005, the oil levees broke because of Katrina. Iran is threatning us with oil and in Nigeria, there's a civil war there. Africa has oil, but we never declared war on them, I think this war was all about killing Saddam and WMD's which nobody gave information to the President because they want us to be scared and have a scapegoat.

I'm not much into Bush either. I just vote and let them deal with it. I'm also very moderate and though I'm voting for Obama in the Primaries (Because I dislike Clinton more so than Bush), but I'm going for McCain in the General Election if he wins.

This also depends on who you ask.

Who's just making it about oil?  You mean Democrats..?

So, you're saying UNSCOM purposely witheld information on WMDs in order to prevent conflict?  If so, the fiasco in Iraq is not improving that situation in the least.  It has instead inspired a new Mideastern arms race... 

If our purpose was only to kill Saddam and the Baath party, what are we still doing there..?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/08 at 7:29 pm

When I was a kid we had Jimmeh Cawtah in the Whitheouse and all the talk was of gasahol and ethanol and there were solar panels on the Whitheouse. 

After Reagan came in, no solar panels on the Whitheouse and no more talk of alternative fuels. 

We lived in a state of denial for 25 years.  Better late than never, but we should regret the loss of those 25 years.
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/27/08 at 7:35 pm

When I was a kid we had Jimmeh Cawtah in the Whitheouse and all the talk was of gasahol and ethanol and there were solar panels on the Whitheouse. 

After Reagan came in, no solar panels on the Whitheouse and no more talk of alternative fuels. 

We lived in a state of denial for 25 years.  Better late than never, but we should regret the loss of those 25 years.

Back when Jimmeh was head honcho we were having an energy crisis.  It's nice to know that there was no delusional thinking there.

Reagan loved good old fashion fossil fuel use and Saudi oil.  The more pollution the better.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/28/08 at 9:43 am

Who's just making it about oil?  You mean Democrats..?

So, you're saying UNSCOM purposely witheld information on WMDs in order to prevent conflict?  If so, the fiasco in Iraq is not improving that situation in the least.  It has instead inspired a new Mideastern arms race... 

If our purpose was only to kill Saddam and the Baath party, what are we still doing there..?

The Iraquian government WANTS us in there to protect the young Democracy. (Or so I'm told.)

Back when Jimmeh was head honcho we were having an energy crisis.  It's nice to know that there was no delusional thinking there.

Reagan loved good old fashion fossil fuel use and Saudi oil.  The more pollution the better.

That's why some people think Reagan was the worst president ever, not Dubya. (Seriously!)

Written By: Tia on 01/28/08 at 9:55 am

The Iraquian government WANTS us in there to protect the young Democracy. (Or so I'm told.)
but ironically, the people in iraq don't. so it's funny that we're allegedly protecting "democracy" but preferring the desires of the government over the people to do so, and this is the antithesis of democracy.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/08 at 8:39 pm

Not to much all that delicious North Sea crude. 

We have built this thing called modern life entirely on petrochemicals.  We better think of something fast.  We're not going to like the 19th century very much.  Well, the right-wing will love the social values, but those are people who shriek like stuck pigs if they get downgraded from business class to coach, so.....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 2:30 pm

Not to much all that delicious North Sea crude. 

We have built this thing called modern life entirely on petrochemicals.  We better think of something fast.  We're not going to like the 19th century very much.  Well, the right-wing will love the social values, but those are people who shriek like stuck pigs if they get downgraded from business class to coach, so.....

We've gotten to take that modern life for granted.  Why should we have to think of something?  It's not like anything bad can happen to us we're America.  Other countries would give us oil if we asked. (You do know I'm kidding right?)  Just imagine how those people would handle horse drawn carriages.

Check for new replies or respond here...