» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: 42 reasons we won't miss Bush - But late night shows will...

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/23/08 at 8:24 pm

http://polizine.com/2008/01/22/42-reasons-we-wont-miss-president-george-bush/

I'm sure they could come up with way more than 42... I think they're being kind

Subject: Re: 42 reasons we won't miss Bush - But late night shows will...

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/23/08 at 9:29 pm

None of that is real. Many people thought that they wouldn't miss Clinton or Reagan, but they did a little bit.

This is somebody who wants this guy crucified. I don't like how he got us stuck in a war that now Iraq wants us in and we want out, but would Kerry or Gore do any better?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/23/08 at 10:17 pm

None of that is real. Many people thought that they wouldn't miss Clinton or Reagan, but they did a little bit.

This is somebody who wants this guy crucified. I don't like how he got us stuck in a war that now Iraq wants us in and we want out, but would Kerry or Gore do any better?

I doubt they could do worse.  Iraq was something Bush was gunning for as soon as he was in office.  I doubt Gore would have led us there. I'm not sure if Kerry would have gotten us out by now, and I'm pretty certain McCain and Clinton have no problem with staying there much longer.

Sometimes a crucifixion is well earned.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/23/08 at 11:04 pm

Um....yes.

Written By: Tia on 01/24/08 at 3:30 am

Um....yes.
a blind three-legged dog would do better. although as some have pointed out, this war isn't necessarily a disaster -- at least not for certain people. it's basically the reason blackwater exists. and if you got dealt in on one of those sweet no-bid contracts, you're on the gravy train at taxpayer expense. now that it's gone south the repubs get to stuff their briefcases full of cash and hitail it back to their think tanks and stick the demos with the cleanup job.

funny they end on letterman's top 10 bush bloopers. i think letterman's hated bush ever since dub came on to letterman's show and made that hideous joke about his open heart surgery. a lot of people say they'd like to 'have a beer' with bush (recovered alcoholism aside) but i dont even think that... he doesn't seem personable, he's ferociously unintelligent, patronizing, and he reeks of a complacent self-identification with privilege.

Written By: KKay on 01/24/08 at 8:30 am

Joan Rivers told a great joke once, referring to entertainment in wartime.

There are three people that were sad the big war was over.  Hitler, Tojo and Martha Rae.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/08 at 9:07 am

Joan Rivers told a great joke once, referring to entertainment in wartime.

There are three people that were sad the big war was over.  Hitler, Tojo and Martha Rae.

Who's Martha Rae?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/24/08 at 10:16 am

Who's Martha Rae?

Martha Raye

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Raye

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/08 at 11:47 am

Gotta go with yes on this.

In the spirit of republican negative speculation(as in "if Clinton hadn't).  If bush hadn't been elected 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

Written By: Tia on 01/24/08 at 11:59 am

In the spirit of republican negative speculation(as in "if Clinton hadn't).  If bush hadn't been elected 9/11 wouldn't have happened.
that was my first reaction that morning when i learned planes were flying into buildings. at first i was thinking, okay, this is what happens when you let someone be president who's too stupid to do it. he touched something. he saw a big red button somewhere and he touched it! he screwed something up somehow.

later all this stuff came out about the bush family's cozy ties with the saudi families and their asking the FBI agents to back off investigating the saudis because it was straining these relationships. the whistleblowers were even time's people of hte year as i recall but nobody listened ot the part where they were saying they were asked to back off the saudis. they just listened to the part about how the FBI and CIA weren't communicating. but if the administration hadn't told the FBI to lay off these cats i bet 911 would have been a story about a "thwarted terror plot" on page A4 of the washington post.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/24/08 at 12:08 pm

Ever peruse this?

The Prize: The Epic Quest for Oil, Money, and Power-Daniel Yergin -page history of the global oil industry from the 1850s through 1990.

It is also a documentary

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/08 at 12:23 pm

Carlos & I were talking the other night about the fact that most bad presidents have done something good in their administrations. I asked him what has Dubya done that was good? He couldn't come up with anything. So, I throw the same question out to all of you-what has this Administration done that was good?

Cat

Written By: Tia on 01/24/08 at 12:28 pm

Carlos & I were talking the other night about the fact that most bad presidents have done something good in their administrations. I asked him what has Dubya done that was good? He couldn't come up with anything. So, I throw the same question out to all of you-what has this Administration done that was good?

Cat
i loved his speech after the space shuttle challenger disaster.

a lot of things i would have liked i later find out were b.s. -- like that he devoted lots of money to research AIDS treatments and help treat AIDS in africa, but then i think i read somewhere he never actually released the funds for it.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/08 at 3:27 pm

Cat

Being a Family Man and his faith in God. (He should've been owner of the Texas Rangers and stayed in Texas.)

And though I voted for him twice, I didn't vote for him in the first primaries.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/24/08 at 6:41 pm

Being a Family Man and his faith in God. (He should've been owner of the Texas Rangers and stayed in Texas.)

And though I voted for him twice, I didn't vote for him in the first primaries.

Being a family man? Well, we can see that his girls are the chip off the old block-are they still on probation?

And his faith in God? His acts do not spell Christian in my book.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/24/08 at 8:11 pm

a blind three-legged dog would do better.

I always remembered the three-legged dog in my hometown; he still chased cars! That's what Bush-voters in 2004 reminded me of!

although as some have pointed out, this war isn't necessarily a disaster -- at least not for certain people. it's basically the reason blackwater exists. and if you got dealt in on one of those sweet no-bid contracts, you're on the gravy train at taxpayer expense. now that it's gone south the repubs get to stuff their briefcases full of cash and hitail it back to their think tanks and stick the demos with the cleanup job.

funny they end on letterman's top 10 bush bloopers. i think letterman's hated bush ever since dub came on to letterman's show and made that hideous joke about his open heart surgery. a lot of people say they'd like to 'have a beer' with bush (recovered alcoholism aside) but i dont even think that... he doesn't seem personable, he's ferociously unintelligent, patronizing, and he reeks of a complacent self-identification with privilege.

Indeed, indeed!

And Karma +1 for "ferociously unintelligent."
;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/08 at 11:26 pm

Being a family man? Well, we can see that his girls are the chip off the old block-are they still on probation?

And his faith in God? His acts do not spell Christian in my book.

Being a Christian dosen't mean to do good deeds. Bush takes a crap like Clinton does and it still smells like crap no matter what.

I always remembered the three-legged dog in my hometown; he still chased cars! That's what Bush-voters in 2004 reminded me of!

Well, like what Paul McCartney said...'My Dog, he got three legs. But he can't run'.

BUT...can a rock run this country better?

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/25/08 at 12:41 pm

Being a Christian dosen't mean to do good deeds. Bush takes a crap like Clinton does and it still smells like crap no matter what.

Well, like what Paul McCartney said...'My Dog, he got three legs. But he can't run'.

BUT...can a rock run this country better?

yes.

Bush made his fortune bilking the public out of money for a sports stadium that will continue to bleed tax payers for decades for a team that's not even competitive.  As president he's basically stealing from the tax payers all over again to pay off all his buddies that got him elected.  He's a thief and a liar, and none of those things are Christian.  The fact that you have to make a "but Clinton..." whine to even support him is kind of sad really.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/25/08 at 12:49 pm

yes.

Bush made his fortune bilking the public out of money for a sports stadium that will continue to bleed tax payers for decades for a team that's not even competitive.  As president he's basically stealing from the tax payers all over again to pay off all his buddies that got him elected.  He's a thief and a liar, and none of those things are Christian.  The fact that you have to make a "but Clinton..." whine to even support him is kind of sad really.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Karma to you.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 01/25/08 at 1:18 pm

yes.

maybe a bit pricklier than i would have put it, but other than that, well said.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/25/08 at 2:22 pm

yes.

D.C. pays a lot of taxes. I don't live on the East or West Coast, but my state is losing money.

And don't fret late night, there's another president waiting in the wings for you. You'll have fun with him like you did with the others. :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/25/08 at 2:27 pm

D.C. pays a lot of taxes. I don't live on the East or West Coast, but my state is losing money.

And don't fret late night, there's another president waiting in the wings for you. You'll have fun with him like you did with the others. :)

Huh?  ???

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/25/08 at 4:30 pm

Huh?   ???

What I mean is that Late-Night will focus on the next President who comes in after Bush. And I'm sure Bush will still be in the spotlight after his rule over the country.

And What I mean about the West Coast is that the rent is higher there than in the Midwest.

Check for new replies or respond here...