» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Goodbye Kucinich!

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/08 at 11:27 pm

He's not running anymore, so now It's the Big Three in the Democratic Party.

Subject: Re: Goodbye Kucinich!

Written By: Davester on 01/25/08 at 4:24 am

Kind of sucks.  I liked seeing him out there...

Written By: Tia on 01/25/08 at 9:51 am

sucks for him. now all that's left for him is a hollow, empty existence having raunchy nonstop sex with his wife 24/7.  :(

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/08 at 10:31 am

I will miss him in the game.  This is the year Nader should have come out, not when he did.  Wonder what he is doing this year?

Written By: Macphisto on 01/25/08 at 9:12 pm

Hopefully Edwards drops out next.  He's about the only reason why Obama hasn't taken the nomination by storm yet.  You certainly don't want Hillary to get it, because she'll almost guarantee a Republican victory.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/26/08 at 10:54 pm

Goodbye Kucinich

Wasn't that a Philip Roth novel?
:D

sucks for him. now all that's left for him is a hollow, empty existence having raunchy nonstop sex with his wife 24/7.  :(

Hey, Kucinich is an inspiration to us short funny-looking guys everywhere!
;)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/27/08 at 11:11 pm

Hopefully Edwards drops out next.  He's about the only reason why Obama hasn't taken the nomination by storm yet.  You certainly don't want Hillary to get it, because she'll almost guarantee a Republican victory.

How so?  Most of Edwards' supporters are white, and whites support Hillary Clinton over Obama by a pretty big margin (one of the biggest reasons I refuse to believe Obama has a real chance.)  Edwards drops out and his votes go to Clinton most likely.

Let's look at the base of support:

Clinton: whites, hispanics, women and low-income people

Obama: blacks, men and high-income people

Clinton's base of support was terrible for South Carolina, but it's outstandng for super Tuesday (aside from Georgia and Alabama.)

At this point in time, Edwards is just shooting for a VP spot.  He will have enough delegates to decide the outcome of a close Clinton-Obama convention.  Clinton supposedly met with Edwards face-to-face for two hours after the last debate.  I would bet money they were discussing a vice presidential pick in exchange for Edwards throwing all his delegates to Clinton.

Clinton-Edwards '08: get used to it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/08 at 1:29 am

How so?  Most of Edwards' supporters are white, and whites support Hillary Clinton over Obama by a pretty big margin (one of the biggest reasons I refuse to believe Obama has a real chance.)  Edwards drops out and his votes go to Clinton most likely.

Clinton's base of support was terrible for South Carolina, but it's outstandng for super Tuesday (aside from Georgia and Alabama.)

At this point in time, Edwards is just shooting for a VP spot.  He will have enough delegates to decide the outcome of a close Clinton-Obama convention.  Clinton supposedly met with Edwards face-to-face for two hours after the last debate.  I would bet money they were discussing a vice presidential pick in exchange for Edwards throwing all his delegates to Clinton.

I would be surprised if Clinton chooses Edwards for VP.  I hope he would have enough self-respect to decline the offer if it should come along. 

I don't think low-income people should support Clinton.  She is an out-and-out corporatist.  She's Republican-Lite.  Besides, she'll keep us in Iraq for the next eight years and war is a great jobs program for poor youth!
::)

You know what I'm afraid of?

Clinton-Lieberman '08: Get me an Ativan!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/violent4.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/28/08 at 9:40 am

Don't forget that Obama is favorable for young voters as well.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/08 at 8:42 pm

Don't forget that Obama is favorable for young voters as well.

That's why Florida doesn't look too good for him.  Part of it anyway.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...