» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama shuts out Clinton in SC

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/26/08 at 7:49 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-obama-wins26,1,4401525.story

If it was close, I'd wait until all the results were in...but it's not close!

Projections are Barack Obama beating Hillary Clinton by 18 to 20 percentage points.

Edwards is up around 19% and Kucinich gets a whopping 0%. 

Obama is not my ideal candidate, but I favor him ten-fold above Hillary!

Subject: Re: Obama shuts out Clinton in SC

Written By: Macphisto on 01/26/08 at 9:37 pm

Heck yeah...  South Carolinians are a lot smarter than I thought.  If Obama gets the nomination, he might actually win the South.  woohoo!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/26/08 at 10:49 pm

The spread widened to 28 points by the end--Clinton 27%, Obama 55%.
Strom Thurmond is spinning is his grave!
;)

Super Tuesday might be Obama's Waterloo.  Gotta bad feeling. 

We the names Bush and Clinton out of the Whitheouse.  Start fresh...or as fresh as we can.  No candidate will win in '08 without paying the devil. 

I despise the way Hillary and Bill and their people are running that campaign.  I mean, it's really disgusting.  They're taking every dirty trick from the Karl Rove handbook.

I got over Obama's comments about Reagan.  Big deal.  He didn't say he would govern like Reagan. 

Written By: Tia on 01/27/08 at 6:06 am

i for one am delighted, i pray nightly against a hillary clinton nomination. i'm not sure whether i fear more that she would guarantee a republican victory, or that she would win! clinton-bush dynasty, indeed. :(

Written By: danootaandme on 01/27/08 at 8:22 am

Well the world is changing.  First an African American governor in Massachusetts, now an African American wins a primary in South Carolina!  I never thought I would live to see the day.

Written By: Macphisto on 01/27/08 at 3:14 pm

I got over Obama's comments about Reagan.  Big deal.  He didn't say he would govern like Reagan. 

It was a smart move, actually.  Reagan, like him or not, was able to unite Democrats and Republicans toward a common goal.  I can't say I agreed with many of his policies either, but there's no denying that we need another Reagan in terms of unity and that Obama is the greatest hope we currently have for that.

Obama's actually pulling what looks to be about 18% of the Republican vote in many polls.  That's pretty amazing.

Granted, the lesser heard statistic is that Obama only got 24% of the white vote in South Carolina.  Even white Democrats seem to take issue with his race, which is sad.  Some would say the only reason he won in SC is because of the large black voter turnout.  On the flipside, if blacks actually get out there and vote for Obama (if he gets the nomination) in November, then he still stands a good chance of winning the South.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/27/08 at 6:54 pm

Granted, the lesser heard statistic is that Obama only got 24% of the white vote in South Carolina.  Even white Democrats seem to take issue with his race, which is sad.  Some would say the only reason he won in SC is because of the large black voter turnout.  On the flipside, if blacks actually get out there and vote for Obama (if he gets the nomination) in November, then he still stands a good chance of winning the South.

After looking at the numbers I realized that what seems to have happened is that the voting was along racial lines.  I am back to apprehensive.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/27/08 at 7:05 pm

After looking at the numbers I realized that what seems to have happened is that the voting was along racial lines.  I am back to apprehensive.

Apprehensive, yes.  But it's still inspiring.  Back when I was born, a Barack Obama would have been greeted in South Carolina the way Sheriff Bart was greeted in  Rock Ridge!
:o

Written By: danootaandme on 01/28/08 at 1:49 pm

Apprehensive, yes.  But it's still inspiring.  Back when I was born, a Barack Obama would have been greeted in South Carolina the way Sheriff Bart was greeted in  Rock Ridge!
:o

Wouldn't have been on the ballot, but then the people who voted for him wouldn't have been able to vote, either

Written By: ninny on 01/28/08 at 2:53 pm

From what I understand it is not only the black voters that turned out for Obama but alot of women voters also, which I'm sure has Clinton alittle uneasy about.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/28/08 at 8:24 pm

Unfortunately, looks like Clinton's going to take Florida.

And the Obama camp made a dumb remark about Hillary "using Florida for political gain."

Uh...you don't say!
:D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/08 at 3:03 pm

Unfortunately, looks like Clinton's going to take Florida.

And the Obama camp made a dumb remark about Hillary "using Florida for political gain."

Uh...you don't say!
:D

That's because the Dems had all pledged not to campaign in Florida due to the primary vote being moved up.  She's changed her mind after her lost in SC because she was way behind.

It's such a crooked state politically, that I have hard time believing any one who wins the vote there did so without some underhanded move.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/08 at 8:47 pm

That's because the Dems had all pledged not to campaign in Florida due to the primary vote being moved up.  She's changed her mind after her lost in SC because she was way behind.

It's such a crooked state politically, that I have hard time believing any one who wins the vote there did so without some underhanded move.

She's out there saying she won because "Floridians want their voices heard!"
::)

I just meant, you know, "political gain" is kinda the idea here! 

Written By: Macphisto on 02/01/08 at 8:43 pm

Very true...  Florida has a lot of power without much accountability.  It's kind of like the federal government in that respect.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/02/08 at 7:44 pm

Very true...  Florida has a lot of power without much accountability.  It's kind of like the federal government in that respect.

Can we blame Jeb for the lack of accountability? :)

Written By: Tia on 02/02/08 at 7:49 pm

Can we blame Jeb for the lack of accountability? :)
might as well blame whoever you like, seeing as how they're not accountable anyway. :P

Check for new replies or respond here...