» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Clinton creams Obama in Florida

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/08 at 8:26 pm

I knew it was coming, I was hoping it wouldn't.  Hillary's about 20 points ahead with 33% in

McCain is slightly ahead of Romney; could go either way.

Subject: Re: Clinton creams Obama in Florida

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/29/08 at 9:16 pm

McCain beats Romney.  Giuliani third, Huckabee fourth, Paul fifth, Keyes sixth, Hunter seventh and Tancredo last.

Rumors on Fox News and CNN have Giuliani dropping out no later than tomorrow and endorsing McCain.  Goodbye Rudy, you shall not be missed.

Clinton slaughtered Obama.  She beat him by like twenty points among hispanics voters.

Written By: KKay on 01/29/08 at 9:23 pm

rats.

McCain beats Romney.  Giuliani third, Huckabee fourth, Paul fifth, Keyes sixth, Hunter seventh and Tancredo last.

Rumors on Fox News and CNN have Giuliani dropping out no later than tomorrow and endorsing McCain.  Goodbye Rudy, you shall not be missed.

Clinton slaughtered Obama.  She beat him by like twenty points among hispanics voters.

i heard about rudy quitting...sad about Paul, Huckabee and Obama.

jeez.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/08 at 9:34 pm

Keyes, Tancredo, Hunter? Thought they went home.  Florida's nice this time of year!

Say, I just had an idea, maybe Giuliani would do better if he talked about his heroism on 9/11.  I know he's a modest, aw-shucks kinda guy, but he could just nudge our memories a bit! American politicians just sorta shrugged off 9/11 after a few weeks.  How about it Rudy?  Worth the old college try you think?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

I think that's more of a grudge vote...sad to say.
:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/08 at 9:40 pm

Sorry I just take it as a sign of her willingness to say one thing and do another.  Obama didn't campaign in Florida just the like the other Democrats (aside from Hillary), so who knows if it was any kind of match up.

Ghoulani did however campaign in Florida and was betting heavily that he would win and get propelled highly in the super Tuesday round next week.  Good riddance to bad trash.

Written By: Tia on 01/29/08 at 9:43 pm

gawd. am i crazy in that i've come to think of hillary clinton as the big pro-war democratic candidate? and so i guess it's not that big a surprise she's winning. because no matter what, to the powers that be, this war needs to keep going.

seriously, it's pretty obvious either clinton or mccain will win, and either way the war is going to keep going indefinitely because those are the two big pro-war cats, so whatever, vote for who you want. i don't give a fudge.

i'm so goddamn fudgeing sick of politics in this country, i swear to christ.

Written By: Tia on 01/29/08 at 9:50 pm

the previous message has been brought to you by the fudge council. fudge you!

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/29/08 at 9:53 pm

Sorry I just take it as a sign of her willingness to say one thing and do another.  Obama didn't campaign in Florida just the like the other Democrats (aside from Hillary)

She didn't go to Florida until just yesterday, and that was so she could have a "victory party" tonight and get positive media coverage.  She ran no ads there.  She would have beaten Obama either way in Florida.

Keyes, Tancredo, Hunter? Thought they went home.  Florida's nice this time of year!

As sad as it is, Alan Keyes is still in it.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 9:56 pm

Rudy was counting on Florida.  He spent the most money there than anywhere.  If he doesn't win it, which it looks like he won't he'll drop out.  Huckabee doesn't have a chance.  McCain will probably get it.  He is the most secular.

As for Hillary, how the heck did she pull this one off?  Obama is more politically aligned with Florida Dems than Clinton. Geez, that's depressing. :P

Written By: Tia on 01/29/08 at 10:00 pm

Rudy was counting on Florida.  He spent the most money there than anywhere.  If he doesn't win it, which it looks like he won't he'll drop out.  Huckabee doesn't have a chance.  McCain will probably get it.  He is the most secular.

As for Hillary, how the heck did she pull this one off?  Obama is more politically aligned with Florida Dems than Clinton. Geez, that's depressing. :P
who the hell are these pod people who are voting for hillary clinton? jesus.

although to be fair, she won't suck as bad as dubya. there's probably not a human being in recorded history who would suck as bad as dubya. somehow we, the american people, found the single human being of all the billions of human beings who have ever lived who would be the WORST conceivable president in every possible way. and then we elected him. (sorta.)

TWICE.

i guess it's our faulr. even if it turns out both elections were rigged, we plainly didn't smash enough windows in unbridled rage.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/29/08 at 10:01 pm

Rudy was counting on Florida.  He spent the most money there than anywhere.  If he doesn't win it, which it looks like he won't he'll drop out.  Huckabee doesn't have a chance.  McCain will probably get it.

It's already over.  75% of the vote is counted, and McCain has over 80,000 more votes than the second place candidate, Romney (602,000+ for McCain, 520,000+ for Romney).  Giuliani is gone tomorrow.

Huckabee has a chance....in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri.  But that's obviously not enough.

I think McCain is the republican nominee.  I don't like it, but I guess if nothing else it's nice to have a true fiscal conservative and anti-pork spending candidate on the top of the republican ticket again.

Written By: Tia on 01/29/08 at 10:04 pm

It's already over.  75% of the vote is counted, and McCain has over 80,000 more votes than the second place candidate, Romney (602,000+ for McCain, 520,000+ for Romney).  Giuliani is gone tomorrow.

Huckabee has a chance....in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and Missouri.  But that's obviously not enough.

I think McCain is the republican nominee.  I don't like it, but I guess if nothing else it's nice to have a true fiscal conservative and anti-pork spending candidate on the top of the republican ticket again.
so the hardcore lefties (comme moi) and the hardcore righties (comme toi) are not happy with the nominees. go figure.

if you wanna be happy with the political nominees this season, your best bet is to have no political interest or convictions.

goddammit. i'm gonna go lie down for a while.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 10:07 pm

who the hell are these pod people who are voting for hillary clinton? jesus.

although to be fair, she won't suck as bad as dubya. there's probably not a human being in recorded history who would suck as bad as dubya. somehow we, the american people, found the single human being of all the billions of human beings who have ever lived who would be the WORST conceivable president in every possible way. and then we elected him. (sorta.)

TWICE.

i guess it's our faulr. even if it turns out both elections were rigged, we plainly didn't smash enough windows in unbridled rage.

There's just something very wrong about Hillary Clinton.  Yes, her Senate vote can be bought for a price.  I'm just kind of wondering if she has any basic ethical principle.  As for Bush, don't get me started.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/08 at 10:08 pm

Everybody knows Rudy blows!

Let him go camping with Roger Ailes and toast some marshmallows or something.  
:P

I'm just kind of wondering if she has any basic ethical principle. 

No, and no principled ethics either!
:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 10:12 pm

Everybody knows Rudy blows!

Let him go camping with Roger Ailes and toast some marshmallows or something. 

Yes, but it took him a while to realize that.  The "Hero of 9-11" mentality didn't help him as much as he had hoped. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/08 at 10:16 pm

Keyes is no surprise 'cos he's a basketcase; I mean he's OUT THERE, baby, like sending postcards from Pluto!  The others I thought could take a hint!

Quit being an airhead, you dumb melon farmer!

Sorry I just take it as a sign of her willingness to say one thing and do another.  Obama didn't campaign in Florida just the like the other Democrats (aside from Hillary), so who knows if it was any kind of match up.

It's like the fake-out move in arm wrestling!

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/29/08 at 10:43 pm

She didn't go to Florida until just yesterday, and that was so she could have a "victory party" tonight and get positive media coverage.  She ran no ads there.  She would have beaten Obama either way in Florida.

She wasn't there physically, but she was making statements about making sure Florida got their delegates (which are being denied by the party).  She has name recognition which doesn't need any appearances to build, as opposed to the other candidates.  It's just not much of a win, no matter how the press wants to spin it.

Alan Keyes wasn't even it when he ran against Obama two years ago.  He makes Jesse Jackson look like a sane candidate.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/29/08 at 10:44 pm

Rudy shot himself in the foot waiting for bigger states to start campaigning.  Maybe this will show some of the other politicians that the little states matter, too. 

If my dad were alive, he would be livid.  He hated Hillary with every fiber of his being.  He would be spitting nails.

Written By: Jessica on 01/29/08 at 10:47 pm

If my dad were alive, he would be livid.  He hated Hillary with every fiber of his being.  He would be spitting nails.

Sounds like my dad. He can't stand her.

She just scares the living crackers out of me. I'm not sure why though.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/29/08 at 10:55 pm

I have that same problem with her. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 10:57 pm

I have that same problem with her. 

My Dad and I have concluded that Hillary Clinton has "no soul".  You guys are right though, you can't really describe why she scare you.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/29/08 at 10:59 pm

Sounds like my dad. He can't stand her.

She just scares the living crackers out of me. I'm not sure why though.

Hillary gets what Hillary wants and if Hillary doesn't get what Hillary wants.....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

McCain is the one who spooks me the most.  He seems like the sweet, soft-spoken ax murderer type!

The "no soul" award goes to Mitt Romney.  He's got the personality of a Ken doll!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/29/08 at 11:08 pm

Hillary gets what Hillary wants and if Hillary doesn't get what Hillary wants.....
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/behead.gif

McCain is the one who spooks me the most.  He seems like the sweet, soft-spoken ax murderer type!

The "no soul" award goes to Mitt Romney.  He's got the personality of a Ken doll!

Hillary does have that Mentality but I think it goes deeper.  She's just creepy.

I hadn't heard McCain described that way.  Sort of an Anthony Perkins in Psycho thing.

No that's not Romney's personality take away the obvious toupee and he's you're average Republican.

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/30/08 at 12:08 am

Florida Exit Polls for Democrats

Vote by Gender
Male (41%)
Clinton 42%; Obama 35%; Edwards 20%
Female (59%)
Clinton 55%; Obama 29%; Edwards 13%

Vote by Age
18-29 (9%)
Clinton 45%; Obama 41%; Edwards 9%

30-44 (18%)
Clinton 43% Obama 39%; Edwards 16%
45-59 (34%)
Clinton 45%; Obama 33%; Edwards 19%
60 and Older (40%)
Clinton 58%; Obama 25%; Edwards 14%

--Oh well for that....

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 1:03 am

Florida Exit Polls for Democrats

Vote by Gender
Male (41%)
Clinton 42%; Obama 35%; Edwards 20%
Female (59%)
Clinton 55%; Obama 29%; Edwards 13%

Vote by Age
18-29 (9%)
Clinton 45%; Obama 41%; Edwards 9%

30-44 (18%)
Clinton 43% Obama 39%; Edwards 16%
45-59 (34%)
Clinton 45%; Obama 33%; Edwards 19%
60 and Older (40%)
Clinton 58%; Obama 25%; Edwards 14%

--Oh well for that....

Oh, so exit polls do count in the state of Florida!  My how times change!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 6:10 am

With all the back and forth by the talk show hosts about the (unspoken)ignorance of African-Americans voting for Obama because he is African American, many white people will vote against him for the very same reason. 

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 7:48 am

With all the back and forth by the talk show hosts about the (unspoken)ignorance of African-Americans voting for Obama because he is African American, many white people will vote against him for the very same reason. 
i thought this was interesting... from sam smith's undernews the other day.

"Obama is the strongest candidate among the Democrats according to our
rolling average and Edwards is in second place except against McCain.
Here's how Obama leads the other candidates:

Against McCain: 1 better than Clinton and 10 better than Edwards
Against Huckabee: 8 better than Clinton and 3 better than Edwards
Against Giuliani: 6 better than Clinton and tied with Edwards
Against Romney: 5 better than Clinton and 2 better than Edwards

All the Democrats would beat all the Republicans except for McCain, to
whom Edwards would lose but Clinton and Obama would tie. The Democrats
have picked up an average of 6 points over the last ten polls. "

Written By: Paul on 01/30/08 at 7:55 am

My Dad and I have concluded that Hillary Clinton has "no soul".  You guys are right though, you can't really describe why she scare you.

She sounds remarkably like a reincarnation of Thatch...

If that turns out to be so, Gawd help you all!  :P

Written By: ninny on 01/30/08 at 8:39 am

There's just something very wrong about Hillary Clinton.  Yes, her Senate vote can be bought for a price.  I'm just kind of wondering if she has any basic ethical principle.  As for Bush, don't get me started.

As a resident of the fine state of New York,i have no problem with Hillary Clinton representing us,and thinks she has alot of passion for the job,hell who knows she was probably running the country when Bill was in office ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:11 am

She sounds remarkably like a reincarnation of Thatch...

If that turns out to be so, Gawd help you all!  :P

Neh, can't be Thatch is still living.  I think the difference would be that Bill Clinton will have a say again.  I think Thatch's husband didn't want any political input.

Written By: Paul on 01/30/08 at 2:40 pm

Neh, can't be Thatch is still living.

That's debatable!

I think Thatch's husband didn't want any political input.

Large Gin & Tonic input was a different story!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 3:38 pm

That's debatable!

Large Gin & Tonic input was a different story!

Peg is starting to look like death warned over.  Yikes!!!

*hic* I thought they both did that.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/30/08 at 3:52 pm

Face it...Hillary is going to win because of Bill. >:(

America is sooooo stupid in both directions and we don't realize it until It's too late. :-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 3:54 pm

Face it...Hillary is going to win because of Bill. >:(

America is sooooo stupid in both directions and we don't realize it until It's too late. :-\\

I think I should start learning the Canadian National Anthem.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 6:09 pm

I hope McCain gets the nomination because he's got a hot temper.  All the Clinton people have to do is push his buttons and he'll burst.  Once the folks see McCain isn't playing with a full deck, enough of his potential voters will be too spooked to vote for him; they'll go with Hillary. 

BTW, Dick Army referred to John McCain as "John Wayne" three times on MSNBC, speaking of not playing with a full deck!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 6:16 pm

I hope McCain gets the nomination because he's got a hot temper.  All the Clinton people have to do is push his buttons and he'll burst.  Once the folks see McCain isn't playing with a full deck, enough of his potential voters will be too spooked to vote for him; they'll go with Hillary. 

BTW, Dick Army referred to John McCain as "John Wayne" three times on MSNBC, speaking of not playing with a full deck!

Ah yes the shear entertainment value of it all.  McCain was tortured in Nam and now he's in politics.  That shows unbalance right there.  PTSD, rage reactions and politics don't mix.  Yes, McCain does have the John Wayne/Green Beret mentality. (I don't think that reference was made without a reason.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 6:38 pm

Ah yes the shear entertainment value of it all.  McCain was tortured in Nam and now he's in politics.  That shows unbalance right there.  PTSD, rage reactions and politics don't mix.  Yes, McCain does have the John Wayne/Green Beret mentality. (I don't think that reference was made without a reason.)

If John Wayne hadn't died of cancer '79, he could have beaten Ronald Reagan in '80!
:o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 6:44 pm

If John Wayne hadn't died of cancer '79, he could have beaten Ronald Reagan in '80!
:o

Possibly.  I asked a 75 year old Republican why he was campaigning for Thomson.  He said Thomson reminded him of Reagan.  Reagan lingers for possibly another 15 years or more.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 6:47 pm

Possibly.  I asked a 75 year old Republican why he was campaigning for Thomson.  He said Thomson reminded him of Reagan.  Reagan lingers for possibly another 15 years or more.

Thompson reminds me more of Fred Gwynne!  Herman Munster for prez!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 6:49 pm

Thompson reminds me more of Fred Gwynne!  Herman Munster for prez!

Karma+1 ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 7:26 pm

Karma+1 ;D

I dunno what it is, but everybody loves a Munsters reference!
;)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 7:29 pm

I dunno what it is, but everybody loves a Munsters reference!
;)

It's all in the mental image. :)

Written By: GWBush2004 on 01/31/08 at 2:53 pm

seriously, it's pretty obvious either clinton or mccain will win, and either way the war is going to keep going indefinitely because those are the two big pro-war cats, so whatever, vote for who you want. i don't give a fudge.

http://brentroos.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/opp.jpg

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/31/08 at 5:03 pm

Wait what happened to "the aisle"?  That is the freakiest . . .  :o

My views on bipartisanship are tarnish.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/31/08 at 7:24 pm

Your place or mine?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/31/08 at 7:44 pm

Your place or mine?

Oh I can just hear Fox News now.  Of course they'd get it wrong and say Hillary was with Edwards.  Of course Anne would use that as proof that Edwards is gay.  Sorry, imagination running wild there for a second.  Could happen though.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/31/08 at 8:04 pm

Oh I can just hear Fox News now.  Of course they'd get it wrong and say Hillary was with Edwards.  Of course Anne would use that as proof that Edwards is gay.  Sorry, imagination running wild there for a second.  Could happen though.

I'd vote for a gay president.  Like, so what?  These right-wingers can only think of the obnoxious fairies in the pride parades.  They don't know any normal gay people. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/31/08 at 8:13 pm

I'd vote for a gay president.  Like, so what?  These right-wingers can only think of the obnoxious fairies in the pride parades.  They don't know any normal gay people. 

You'll never work for Fox with that attitude!!!  Yes, Right-wingers cling to stereotypes like their lives depended on it.  They probably know normal gay people but because they're looking for the fairy aspect it goes unnoticed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/31/08 at 8:38 pm

You'll never work for Fox with that attitude!!!  Yes, Right-wingers cling to stereotypes like their lives depended on it.  They probably know normal gay people but because they're looking for the fairy aspect it goes unnoticed.

I should have said "all they would have us think of."  I'm sure Ann Coulter hobnobs with rich swish guys at her Connecticut country club.  She doesn't care and neither do they.  Everyone in that scene knows the homophobia is only a red herring they throw the hayseeds.
8)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/31/08 at 8:46 pm

I should have said "all they would have us think of."  I'm sure Ann Coulter hobnobs with rich swish guys at her Connecticut country club.  She doesn't care and neither do they.  Everyone in that scene knows the homophobia is only a red herring they throw the hayseeds.
8)

Yes well being gay is not "status qua" material yet.  Gay=San Fransisco, drag queens and lack of structure or social morals.  Which explains why they get caught in Airport bathrooms. :-X

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 2:44 pm

Yes well being gay is not "status qua" material yet.  Gay=San Fransisco, drag queens and lack of structure or social morals.  Which explains why they get caught in Airport bathrooms. :-X

Youth ministry is a great place to pick up boys, just ask Ted Haggard!
8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/08 at 6:33 pm

Youth ministry is a great place to pick up boys, just ask Ted Haggard!
8-P

Hey, the rich and religious are exempt from everything.  Until they're caught and held accountable.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 7:14 pm

Hey, the rich and religious are exempt from everything.  Until they're caught and held accountable.

And even then.  I don't care if the name's Bush or Kennedy, rich folks get off easy!
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/08 at 7:23 pm

And even then.  I don't care if the name's Bush or Kennedy, rich folks get off easy!
::)

Well yes, compared to normal society they get off easy.  Noel Bush for example, busted HOW MANY times for drug possession?  She got probation, and Daddy hoped that the public would "respect their privacy at this difficult time".  In other words . . . our family has a reputation to uphold no matter how f*cked up we are.  As for the Kennedy's what haven't they done illegal?  It ticks me off when people say how wonderful JFK.  He may have been a good president but many thought he was a pompous jerk.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 7:53 pm

Well yes, compared to normal society they get off easy.  Noel Bush for example, busted HOW MANY times for drug possession?  She got probation, and Daddy hoped that the public would "respect their privacy at this difficult time".  In other words . . . our family has a reputation to uphold no matter how f*cked up we are.  As for the Kennedy's what haven't they done illegal?  It ticks me off when people say how wonderful JFK.  He may have been a good president but many thought he was a pompous jerk.

Dick Nixon seemed to think so!  Nixon had a bigger beef with Bobby, though.  Said he was a "little bastard."  Tricky Dick wasn't lying.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/08 at 7:56 pm

Dick Nixon seemed to think so!  Nixon had a bigger beef with Bobby, though.  Said he was a "little bastard."  Tricky Dick wasn't lying.

Despite all of Nixon's faults he was a good judge of character.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/02/08 at 6:18 am

Despite all of Nixon's faults he was a good judge of character.

Well, I wouldn't give him too much credit.  Mitchell, Haldemann, & Company?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/02/08 at 7:23 pm

Well, I wouldn't give him too much credit.  Mitchell, Haldemann, & Company?

I had forgotten about that.  Besides "I am not a crook."  Poor judge of his own character.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/04/08 at 12:55 am

I had forgotten about that.  Besides "I am not a crook."  Poor judge of his own character.

That's why I think Nixon was the worst President ever. He made other Presidents after him look bad.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/08 at 1:05 am

That's why I think Nixon was the worst President ever. He made other Presidents after him look bad.

Nope.  Duya is worse.  THE worst!

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/04/08 at 12:53 pm

Duya? Don't you mean Duh-Bya? ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/04/08 at 3:34 pm

We won't know just how bad until he's out of office.  Then a lot of crap he did will be analyzed.  Republican's did it when Clinton left.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 12:16 am

We won't know just how bad until he's out of office.  Then a lot of crap he did will be analyzed.  Republican's did it when Clinton left.

It's called rewriting history.  I doubt they're teaching 12-year-olds just how bad Ronald Reagan effed up our economy and all the illegal sh*t he got away with!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 4:08 pm

It's called rewriting history.  I doubt they're teaching 12-year-olds just how bad Ronald Reagan effed up our economy and all the illegal sh*t he got away with!

Teaching children is one thing ripping apart a President from an opposing party is another.  This is of course if the democrats win the White House and keep control of the House and Senate.  Remember when Tim Johnson democratic senator from South Dakota feel ill right after the 2006 election?  Had he not made it the Republican's would have had control of the Senate.  I remember how they were laughing about the fact that the democrats would not be able to proceed with their inquiries into the Bush Administration.  Funniest thing is that they sent Bill Frist into the hospital to check on Senator Johnson's condition.  Frist came out and said absolutely nothing.  I'm going to assume it because he figure out that Johnson was going to make it) 

To make a long story short.  Democrats get into control of the White House too, Bush's faults will not go unnoticed.  They've got an axe to grind and grind it they will.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/05/08 at 5:07 pm

Teaching children is one thing ripping apart a President from an opposing party is another.  This is of course if the democrats win the White House and keep control of the House and Senate.  Remember when Tim Johnson democratic senator from South Dakota feel ill right after the 2006 election?  Had he not made it the Republican's would have had control of the Senate.  I remember how they were laughing about the fact that the democrats would not be able to proceed with their inquiries into the Bush Administration.  Funniest thing is that they sent Bill Frist into the hospital to check on Senator Johnson's condition.  Frist came out and said absolutely nothing.  I'm going to assume it because he figure out that Johnson was going to make it) 

To make a long story short.  Democrats get into control of the White House too, Bush's faults will not go unnoticed.   They've got an axe to grind and grind it they will.

History DOES repeat itself.

And no one ever told us the things that Lincoln did negetavely. (Yes, he was very unpopular at his time!)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 5:17 pm

History DOES repeat itself.

And no one ever told us the things that Lincoln did negatively. (Yes, he was very unpopular at his time!)

What they teach in school is pure "Americana".  I don't know how many times I've been lamb basted for saying Lincoln was a bad president.  As a Civil War buff, I am well aware of the political climate of 1860-1870's.  By the way I didn't learn a damn thing about history in school.  Everything I learned I learned from reading on my own.  Oh and karma for not believing that Lincoln was a "Godlike" figure. :)

Written By: Macphisto on 02/05/08 at 8:18 pm

Bush sucks, but Harding sucked more.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/05/08 at 11:26 pm

What they teach in school is pure "Americana".  I don't know how many times I've been lamb basted for saying Lincoln was a bad president.  As a Civil War buff, I am well aware of the political climate of 1860-1870's.  By the way I didn't learn a damn thing about history in school.  Everything I learned I learned from reading on my own.  Oh and karma for not believing that Lincoln was a "Godlike" figure. :)

As a matter of fact, when John Wilkes Booth shot Lincoln, Booth himself thought he would do good and be a hero. But he was wrong.

Bush sucks, but Harding sucked more.

You are right. If you take Dubya and Bill Clinton, you get Harding. (Harding was an oil mongrel and was for the rich, while he fooled around with not only women, but with booze.)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/06/08 at 2:53 am

^ Didn't he also do the "front porch" campaign, basically sitting on his porch and letting ordinary folk come and talk to him? I can't remember if that was him or Coolidge, but that seemed to work just fine back in those days  ;D

But, seriously, Who cares about Florida? We gotta wait for them to count their votes before we'll really know the number  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/06/08 at 11:52 am

^ Didn't he also do the "front porch" campaign, basically sitting on his porch and letting ordinary folk come and talk to him? I can't remember if that was him or Coolidge, but that seemed to work just fine back in those days  ;D

But, seriously, Who cares about Florida? We gotta wait for them to count their votes before we'll really know the number  ;D

Another thing that Harding said was 'he regretted being President'. You don't say that when you are, not even Bush who may be ranked with Harding as 'worst president' didn't say that!

Written By: SemperYoda on 02/08/08 at 4:22 pm

That made my day Tia.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...