» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Edwards Drops Out

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 11:01 am

Word is just in, Edwards has dropped out

Subject: Re: Edwards Drops Out

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:05 am

Why is this election starting to sound like a sporting event.  Must be the score keeping.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 11:08 am

Cross between American Idol and the World Series.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:13 am

Cross between American Idol and the World Series.

Our only consolation is that we don't have to deal with Simeon or the Philadelphia Phillies. ;D

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 11:29 am

that's a shame, i liked him. although it's not like you couldnt see it coming.

did 9iu11iani drop out yet? i dont really care, i just like typing "9iu11iani."

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:34 am

All the good ones drop out.  9iu11iani is supposed to be doing it today . . . soon.

Censor detector must be on the blink thought it would have blocked 9iu11iani. :P

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 11:49 am

Yeah, he went before Edwards, is going to support McCain, as if his support mattered  ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 11:52 am

Yeah, he went before Edwards, is going to support McCain, as if his support mattered  ::)

Did Edward's say who he endorsed yet?  Rudy probably endorsed McCain because it was the least painful.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 11:57 am

Did Edward's say who he endorsed yet?  Rudy probably endorsed McCain because it was the least painful.

If he does endorse I think the will go with Obama

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 12:03 pm

If he does endorse I think the will go with Obama

Probably right.  I can't see him endorsing Clinton.  All though in this election it's anybody guess.

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 12:04 pm

Probably right.  I can't see him endorsing Clinton.  All though in this election it's anybody guess.
didnt mccain turn around and endorse bush in 2000 or 2004 after they had a fullout blood feud during the primaries? stranger things have happened.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 12:07 pm

didnt mccain turn around and endorse bush in 2000 or 2004 after they had a fullout blood feud during the primaries? stranger things have happened.

Yep.  Heard Liberman is keeping a bit of a distance from McCain.  He claims he doesn't want the Vice-Presidency.  (Which in double speech means he probably does)  Don't think Richardson endorsed anyone. (smart man)

Written By: nally on 01/30/08 at 12:39 pm

Word is just in, Edwards has dropped out

Seriously?! :o

So it's just down to Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on the Democratic side now?

Edit: I found a news story right here.

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 12:40 pm

Seriously?! :o

So it's just down to Hillary Clinton and Barak Obama on the Democratic side now?
yup. i sorta wish hil would go play in traffic or something. yuck. 8-P i'm barack-compliant, though.

who's running independent this time? anybody? is ralph gonna run?

Written By: Henk on 01/30/08 at 1:34 pm

yup. i sorta wish hil would go play in traffic or something. yuck. 8-P i'm barack-compliant, though.

O sheesh...you're SO gonna get stuck with another four years of Clinton reign...

who's running independent this time? anybody? is ralph gonna run?

You know what I was thinking..? What if Billary gets the nomination...would it (still) be possible for Barack to run independent? ??? Just asking, 'cause I know zilch about these things.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 1:40 pm

O sheesh...you're SO gonna get stuck with another four years of Clinton reign...

You know what I was thinking..? What if Billary gets the nomination...would it (still) be possible for Barack to run independent? ??? Just asking, 'cause I know zilch about these things.

Obama could, but won't.  The chances for an Independent to win is a long shot.  He will remain a force given his popularity. The bigger question is  who will be  the running mate of either Barak or Hilary

Written By: Henk on 01/30/08 at 1:57 pm

Obama could, but won't.  The chances for an Independent to win is a long shot.  He will remain a force given his popularity. The bigger question is  who will be  the running mate of either Barak or Hilary

I figured he could...and I figured he probably wouldn't, either. I suppose he'd still have people supporting him...but who would be willing to leave the Democrat party for him and wager his/her chances? You'd lose the structure of a party, you'd lose the support and the lobbyists (not to mention the funds)...No, I don't think it would be a wise move either.

And the way I see it, it's gonna be Clinton who will need a running mate.

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 2:04 pm

well, if hill wins the nomination and ron paul doesn't win the republican nomination, i'm voting for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIuqNgc-bY

Written By: Henk on 01/30/08 at 2:12 pm

well, if hill wins the nomination and ron paul doesn't win the republican nomination, i'm voting for this guy.

I think I found his running "mate"

Written By: Red Ant on 01/30/08 at 2:49 pm

I love how he was tossing the "cue cards" from the bottom.

"Vote for honor, not dishonor - vote for Conner."

I think I found his running "mate"

:o

Ant

Written By: Henk on 01/30/08 at 3:22 pm

I love how he was tossing the "cue cards" from the bottom.

"Vote for honor, not dishonor - vote for Conner."

I like his slogan, though... How many people you reckon will actually be searching for his name on the big day?

"Hey...There's no Conner here...I knew this was a put-up!"

:o

Ant

It's surprising to see what pops up when you search for president 2008...

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/30/08 at 3:53 pm

To me, Edwards is the 21st Century Jimmy Carter. And people who knew how much Carter fudgeed-up America (Though it was since Kennedy got shot), Edwards had no chance.

Will he ever be Vice President...again?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 6:22 pm

Edwards was my favorite. 
:(

I knew his campaign was doomed from the start, but he was the man with message!!!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 6:26 pm

Edwards was my favorite. 
:(

I knew his campaign was doomed from the start, but he was the man with message!!!

Blame it on Hillary.  I think if it was Edwards and Obama it would have been a very close one.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/30/08 at 6:33 pm

I'm thinking that Clinton offered the VP spot to Edwards in return for dropping out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 6:37 pm

Blame it on Hillary.  I think if it was Edwards and Obama it would have been a very close one.

I hate to say Edwards was too far to the left, but Edwards was too far to the left.  Unfortunately, the American sheeple are too enamoured of the rich and glamorous to think in terms of class.
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 6:46 pm

I'm thinking that Clinton offered the VP spot to Edwards in return for dropping out.

She should go with Richardson.  Richardson's put up with her and Bill before.  Don't think Edwards has the experience for VP.  Richardson does.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 6:48 pm

I hate to say Edwards was too far to the left, but Edwards was too far to the left.  Unfortunately, the American sheeple are too enamoured of the rich and glamorous to think in terms of class.

Rich guy for the rights of the average citizen.  Sounds left to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/30/08 at 7:09 pm

Rich guy for the rights of the average citizen.  Sounds left to me.

That's the way the Right attacked him.  If he really cared about the poor, he'd give all his money away, right?  I dunno.  I'm not concerned with whether he gives his own money away; what matters is the policies he would advocate, the legislation he would support, and his executive and judicial appointments. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 7:15 pm

That's the way the Right attacked him.  If he really cared about the poor, he'd give all his money away, right?  I dunno.  I'm not concerned with whether he gives his own money away; what matters is the policies he would advocate, the legislation he would support, and his executive and judicial appointments. 

I don't think he'd give it all away. If that was a right-wing concern it's pretty absurd.  Edwards problem was that he saw the whole picture.  He is concerned about everything and anything.  Very few Republicans can tolerate such a broad spectrum in a politician. 

Written By: Tia on 01/30/08 at 8:58 pm

I don't think he'd give it all away. If that was a right-wing concern it's pretty absurd.  Edwards problem was that he saw the whole picture.  He is concerned about everything and anything.  Very few Republicans can tolerate such a broad spectrum in a politician. 
it's a common trick. like when they talk about gore having a big house.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/30/08 at 10:24 pm

it's a common trick. like when they talk about gore having a big house.

It doesn't really work that well though.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/31/08 at 4:51 am

Naaw.  Even the American public can still recognize a sufficiently obvious fraud when it sees one.

That Friggin' Mill was to Edwards what 9/11 was to Giuliani:  A prop, an excuse, a rhetorical flourish.  It was enough to make one speech about, but not enough on which to base a legitimate Presidential campaign.

Ultimately, the mill became a rhetorical millstone around Edwards' neck, and it sank himm the same way that the 9/11 Memorial Hole (Credit to The Onion for the term), six years later, was nothing more than a testament to the emptiness of Giuliani's campaign.  Both candidates did their respective wings of the Party a service by withdrawing from the fight before they did any more damage.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 01/31/08 at 8:08 pm

Naaw.  Even the American public can still recognize a sufficiently obvious fraud when it sees one.

I don't care if Edwards' parents were mill workers or investment bankers.  Yeah, he used to talk about his father and the mill a lot, didn't make or break his character.  The Right just didn't like him because he got rich fighting for the underdog.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/31/08 at 8:41 pm

I don't care if Edwards' parents were mill workers or investment bankers.  Yeah, he used to talk about his father and the mill a lot, didn't make or break his character.  The Right just didn't like him because he got rich fighting for the underdog.

Remember what I said about the "caste system".  They're freaked because he is reaching out to "untouchables".  What does it matter if he is rich?  If he wants to screw the upper class while addressing the Constitution dare I say God given right of someone making under $20,000 a year let him.  They fear him, which leads to the badmouthing.

Check for new replies or respond here...