» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet...

Written By: Henk on 01/31/08 at 1:22 am

...but then, maybe it hasn't been brought to your attention yet. 

Hillary Clinton digging her own hole?

I can't find any reliable international sources on the matter, but it has been in the Dutch news and newspapers.
Anyway, it's too late in the day now...Last I've heard is that she had the band stop playing this specific tune.

Subject: Re: I'm surprised no one's posted about this yet...

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 1:39 am

I can't find any reliable international sources on the matter, but it has been in the Dutch news and newspapers.
Anyway, it's too late in the day now...Last I've heard is that she had the band stop playing this specific tune.

wow did they airbrush that photo? That's, sadly, the most attractive Hilary has looked in years...  :-\\

Written By: Red Ant on 01/31/08 at 2:17 am

Is that her campaign song now? Well, it does fit: diversity, public transportation, cheese and the need for a lobotomy to vote for her...

Ant

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/31/08 at 2:27 am

Holy Crap, that dude assaulted a Nun and rape is the theme and Hillary Clinton used this song. NO WAY, did she really?    ???  I bet she asked Bill to pick out a song for her and this was his idea. 

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 2:57 am

I didn't see the link to the video...didn't scroll down far enough
Of course I've never heard the song before.

yeah that imagery is pretty messed up... hmm unless it represents bill and they are trying to say that Hilary lobotomized him  ;D

Um  is it just me or did the guy in the video remind you of Howard too???  ;D

Sorry Howie couldn't resist...  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/31/08 at 3:14 am

I didn't see the link to the video...didn't scroll down far enough
Of course I've never heard the song before.

yeah that imagery is pretty messed up... hmm unless it represents bill and they are trying to say that Hilary lobotomized him  ;D

Um  is it just me or did the guy in the video remind you of Howard too???  ;D

Sorry Howie couldn't resist...  ;D

he kinda looked like David Byrne to me

Written By: snozberries on 01/31/08 at 3:18 am

reminded of....not looked like...there's a difference  ;)

Written By: Henk on 01/31/08 at 3:23 pm

Holy Crap, that dude assaulted a Nun and rape is the theme and Hillary Clinton used this song. NO WAY, did she really?    ???   I bet she asked Bill to pick out a song for her and this was his idea.   

I've no idea who came up with this song, but they sure didn't do any research...

FYI: "When The Lady Smiles" was released in US in 1984 too, but it hardly got airplay, and it didn't do well in the charts. Mind you, the video was heavily censored... Even in our liberal country, this video was highly controversial. Still, the song managed to reach #1 over here (on a sidenote: also the last time Golden Earring hit the #1 spot).

Barry Hay will be very pleased to hear that....or maybe not, I don't know.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 01/31/08 at 5:25 pm

Looking at that makes me realize we may be putting a stuffy hag into the White House.  Hey Paul, you were right.  She is Thatch reincarnated.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v319/tankexmortis/Smileys/th_93c18967.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...