» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Ann Coulter Endorses Hillary

Written By: Tia on 02/01/08 at 1:33 pm

file this under "wtf." saying something like this during the primary season will have the effect of making obama more likely to win the demo nomination so.... here's to ann coulter.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qI4oRUjY9xc

Subject: Re: Ann Coulter Endorses Hillary

Written By: Dagwood on 02/01/08 at 1:38 pm

Wow, has hell frozen over? 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 2:06 pm

Congratulations to Awful Ann for being the first to stand up and call Hillary a conservative.  That's what she is, a right-winger enthralled to the same interests as George Bush.  I won't be voting for her in either the primary or the general election.  I'll vote independent if it's Hillary, even if that means voting for god-knows-who Ron Paul or something. 
8-P

Coulter is barking mad if she actually thinks McCain is any kind of liberal or progressive. 

What if Hillary's the nominee and it's a razor thin margin? 

I live in Massachusetts.  Furthermore, I live in Hampshire county.  If the Democrat loses here, the Democrat loses absolutely everywhere. 

The last Republican nominee to win the state of Massachusetts was Reagan in '84, and that was close.  I was too young to vote, but I knew that's when the country had lost its collective mind!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/01/08 at 2:36 pm

Coulter is barking mad if she actually thinks McCain is any kind of liberal or progressive. 

Compared to her he is liberal.  And, she is barking mad.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/01/08 at 2:55 pm

The last Republican nominee to win the state of Massachusetts was Reagan in '84, and that was close.  I was too young to vote, but I knew that's when the country had lost its collective mind!

and Nixon lost only Mass. in 1972, the Democrats seem to always nominate someone unelectable during a year when they should have a slam dunk win.  Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory I believe they call it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 2:58 pm

and Nixon lost only Mass. in 1972, the Democrats seem to always nominate someone unelectable during a year when they should have a slam dunk win.  Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory I believe they call it.

Walter Mondale and Michael Dukakis. 'Nuff said!

Written By: Tia on 02/01/08 at 3:08 pm

funny, those are the same two people i thought of. although kerry and gore both seemed to have similar image problems.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/08 at 3:16 pm

Don't forget John Kerry.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 02/01/08 at 3:19 pm

makes me think there's something in the party image consultancy that's turning these regular guys into namby-pambys.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/01/08 at 4:53 pm

I have been saying all along that Hilary is Republican-Lite. I guess Ann's endorsement proves it.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/08 at 6:38 pm

This doesn't surprise me.  When you look at Hillary's position on issues she's right up there with Mitt on a lot.  Ann probably either had a girl power moment or she realizes if Hillary gets in there may not be a democrat elected for years.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 7:09 pm

funny, those are the same two people i thought of. although kerry and gore both seemed to have similar image problems.

Proof that Gore won is unequivocal.  Pretty strong evidence for Republican dirty tricks stealing Kerry's election too.  That's why I didn't mention either man. 

Gore, for instance.  I still hear, "Gore isn't comfortable in his own skin."  Says who?  The right-wing pundits.  And people keep repeating it with no evidence. 
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/01/08 at 7:31 pm

Proof that Gore won is unequivocal.  Pretty strong evidence for Republican dirty tricks stealing Kerry's election too.  That's why I didn't mention either man. 

Gore, for instance.  I still hear, "Gore isn't comfortable in his own skin."  Says who?  The right-wing pundits.  And people keep repeating it with no evidence. 

Bush lost both times.  Second time Bush had to seal it by having the Supreme Court do something it wasn't meant to do.  Hand down a ruling for one person to be used only once.  Republican aren't afraid of using dirty tricks.  They used the argument of the outcome justifies the action.  However if a Democrat does it, all hell breaks loose. 
Gore isn't comfortable in his own skin.  I'll bet they've never asked him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/01/08 at 7:48 pm

Bush lost both times.  Second time Bush had to seal it by having the Supreme Court do something it wasn't meant to do.  Hand down a ruling for one person to be used only once.  Republican aren't afraid of using dirty tricks.  They used the argument of the outcome justifies the action.  However if a Democrat does it, all hell breaks loose. 

Agreed.  Just don't tell that to some people around here.  They'll get mad.
:-X

Gore isn't comfortable in his own skin.  I'll bet they've never asked him.

He seems kind of stiff and uptight.  So do a lot of people.  Big deal.  Does that disqualify him from being an effective politician?  Does that contradict his propositions about global warming?

The thing is, they constantly use the phrase "not comfortable in his own skin," which comes straight from the right-wing think tanks. 

Written By: Macphisto on 02/01/08 at 8:27 pm

Holy crap...  I actually have a reason to LIKE Ann Coulter now...  This lady is just twisted, but she's doing a great favor to the Democrats with this...

McCain is, by far, the most electable candidate the Republicans have.  Yet, in one fell swoop, she's condemning McCain and Hillary (by siding with her).  Wow...

If enough social conservatives push Romney forward to the nomination, the Democrats could actually win this election -- even with Hillary.

Check for new replies or respond here...