» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Sarkozy marries model Carla Bruni...

Written By: McDonald on 02/02/08 at 3:38 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2008/02/02/sarkozy.html

And just a few months after his divorce too. Everyone knows he and his wife stayed together just for the election. They pretended to be the happy family and everything to impress the right wing in France, but they divorced like a month or two after he won.

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/02/02/sarkozy-bruni-cp-4104662.jpg

Subject: Re: Sarkozy marries model Carla Bruni...

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/03/08 at 12:12 pm

I liked Carla so much,her "Quelqu'un m'a dit" album was great i hope she won't give up her music career.

Now je suis trés déçu with her taste in men 8-P

Written By: Macphisto on 02/03/08 at 12:29 pm

Sarkozy is a pimp!  lol

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/03/08 at 12:30 pm

Sarkozy is a pimp!  lol

Why?

Written By: Macphisto on 02/03/08 at 12:31 pm

I was just joking about how this rather funny looking man can still tie the knot with such a beautiful woman.  It must either be love or money, 'cause it certainly isn't looks....

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/03/08 at 12:36 pm

I was just joking about how this rather funny looking man can still tie the knot with such a beautiful woman.  It must either be love or money, 'cause it certainly isn't looks....

He's not bad looking,but his personality and politics are enough to make any sane woman run.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/03/08 at 12:39 pm

To each her own, I guess.  I mean, I'm not exactly qualified to judge the attractiveness of a male and I don't know much about Sarkozy's personality, but his politics don't seem so bad to me.

France has the opposite problem of America.  We're too conservative in America, but France is too liberal.  France needs someone conservative to set things straight over there, just like we need a liberal president here.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/03/08 at 12:42 pm

To each her own, I guess.  I mean, I'm not exactly qualified to judge the attractiveness of a male and I don't know much about Sarkozy's personality, but his politics don't seem so bad to me.

France has the opposite problem of America.  We're too conservative in America, but France is too liberal.  France needs someone conservative to set things straight over there, just like we need a liberal president here.

You're funny! And i don't agree with you at all but to each their own ;)

Written By: Macphisto on 02/03/08 at 12:45 pm

Thanks...  :)  I enjoy responding to you since we seem to hold opposing views on many things, but we can usually maintain civility about it.  ;)

So how do you see it?  What do you not like about Sarkozy?

Written By: McDonald on 02/03/08 at 1:05 pm

Don't forget power.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/04/08 at 12:34 pm

Thanks...  :)  I enjoy responding to you since we seem to hold opposing views on many things, but we can usually maintain civility about it.  ;)

So how do you see it?  What do you not like about Sarkozy?

You want a list?

My problem with Sarkozy is mainly the way he manipulated the voters by calling the suburban youth racaille,by demonizing them in order to justify his anti-multiculturism and anti-immigrations  agenda. He plays with people's heads by creating and manipulating hatred between everyone, taking away the spotlight from what really is important and what he's not doing…coming up with real measures to deal with crime,the crisis,unemployment and so on. He trashed all the french ideals,saying things like "we should erase Mai 68 memory",he makes me cringe because to me he symbolizes what is wrong with the world today…it seems were going back in time,everything our ancestors fought for don't matter anymore,in the name of security,of economic growth we're suppose to all be sheep and follow shady leaders.

Because he is shady. Right after he won the election he went away on a lavish vacation and couldn't be bothered with what was happening back home…now he's traveling the world with his new love after being so adamant about family values when he was campaigning with the ex. He's a fraud and i don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth,he doesn't care about France or French people,he's on a power trip like many before him who also go the "peoples" vote in the beginning.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/04/08 at 8:30 pm

Well, to be quite honest, France has 2 choices.

Either drop the racism against North African Muslims and hire these immigrants.  Or...  don't let them in to start with.  It makes absolutely no sense to me how France lets these North Africans into their country, but then they won't hire them.  Of course these people are going to be pissed when they are relegated to poverty.

Sarkozy satisfies the second condition.  He wants to lessen immigration, which might be the best move for France if they can't get past their racism.

Written By: thereshegoes on 02/04/08 at 9:02 pm

Well, to be quite honest, France has 2 choices.

Either drop the racism against North African Muslims and hire these immigrants.  Or...  don't let them in to start with.  It makes absolutely no sense to me how France lets these North Africans into their country, but then they won't hire them.  Of course these people are going to be pissed when they are relegated to poverty.

Sarkozy satisfies the second condition.  He wants to lessen immigration, which might be the best move for France if they can't get past their racism.

Mais...these are not immigrants,their parents or sometimes grandparents were. Even if Sarkozy tightens boarder control how will he "get rid" of them?
Plus,i'm not sure if France is really that racist to begin with,unemployment has been a major problem in Europe for ages and ages and it doesn't have to do with ilegal immigration per se,it runs deeper than that.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/05/08 at 8:24 pm

Mais...these are not immigrants,their parents or sometimes grandparents were. Even if Sarkozy tightens boarder control how will he "get rid" of them?
Plus,i'm not sure if France is really that racist to begin with,unemployment has been a major problem in Europe for ages and ages and it doesn't have to do with ilegal immigration per se,it runs deeper than that.

I definitely agree with you on the unemployment thing, but I can also assure you that France is easily as racist as America is -- they just aim their prejudice at different groups than we do.  Muslims are the main one, but I've known a number of East Asians that had to deal with it over there as well.

The unemployment issue is a good one to bring up though.  Unlike America, France actually needs more free market economics, because this "strike whenever we feel like it" culture they have is killing their industry and productivity.

Check for new replies or respond here...