» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Super Tuesday!

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/04/08 at 12:50 am

Who will be the lead Canidates when this is all over? I hope Obama and McCain and Romney will be out. (He would make a good VP though.)

Subject: Re: Super Tuesday!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/08 at 12:55 am

McCain, Clinton

Written By: saver on 02/04/08 at 3:47 am

I still refer to the early comments of the Dems who stated Saddam should be dealt with severly and now say bring the boys home. The comments were not only from the Bush days but as early as 1999  when they Dems were running things...that's why it's good to take names, so when voting time comes around we point it out back to them...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/08 at 12:00 pm

McCain, Clinton

Is that who WANT to win or is that who you THINK will win (or both)?

I think it is going to be a close call between Clinton & Obama. Should be very interesting to watch.

As for the Repubs, I think you are right (no pun intended  ;) :D ;D ) that McCain is going to take it. That could be a good thing because the far right HATES McCain (read Ann Coulter, Laura Ingram, Rush etc.). If McCain wins the nom, I have a feeling that Bloomberg will enter the race as an Independent which will split the conservative vote. Of course if Ralph Nader decides to jump back in again (which he has said he is thinking about), then it could be very interesting indeed.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 02/04/08 at 12:37 pm

We vote tomorrow.  I am voting Obama.  I would like to see McCain being the other nominee.  I lost any chance of gaining any respect for Romney with his remark that Hucakbee needs to back out because he is taking votes away from Romney.  Whatever, dude.  Get the hell over yourself.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/04/08 at 2:56 pm

I cannot vote Obama because I'm a registered Republican and I believe Illinois state has a closed primary...so I will vote McCain.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/04/08 at 4:00 pm

I cannot vote Obama because I'm a registered Republican and I believe Illinois state has a closed primary...so I will vote McCain.

Wow, that's rough.  You've had your heart set on voting for Obama.

I think it'll be Clinton and McCain.  However Hillary would need to snatch up quite a few more delegates than she has in order to beat Obama.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/04/08 at 4:06 pm

The Republican primary in Utah is closed,  but the Demos will let you vote as long as you aren't registered Republican.  I went with no party affiliation, thankfully.  If I had to I would vote McCain as well.

Written By: nally on 02/04/08 at 4:08 pm

I'm voting for Clinton tomorrow.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/04/08 at 4:10 pm

I am voting a Democrat ballot and for Obama definitely. Do not like Hillary much.  ::)

Written By: nally on 02/04/08 at 4:12 pm

I'll be voting on a Democratic ballot too. Interesting thing is, when my sample ballot came in the mail last month, it had the versions for ALL the parties. However, when one goes to vote, I think they receive the ballot for the party in which they are registered.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/08 at 4:20 pm

We still have a month to go until our primary. I'm sure it will all be wrapped up by then.

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/04/08 at 4:38 pm

We still have a month to go until our primary. I'm sure it will all be wrapped up by then.

Cat

Vermont...what state was that again? ::)

Written By: Henk on 02/04/08 at 4:53 pm

McCain, Clinton

That'd be my pick too. Not who I'd want to see...although it probably doesn't make much difference in the end. I'm so glad I've no voice in the matter...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/08 at 4:55 pm

Vermont...what state was that again? ::)

I would applaud you for that but I have to wait 24 hours.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Henk on 02/04/08 at 4:58 pm

I would applaud you for that but I have to wait 24 hours.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

I know the feeling... ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/08 at 5:00 pm

Is that who WANT to win or is that who you THINK will win (or both)?

Who I think.  

Obama nation for me!
8)

As for the Repubs, I think you are right (no pun intended  ;) :D ;D ) that McCain is going to take it. That could be a good thing because the far right HATES McCain (read Ann Coulter, Laura Ingram, Rush etc.). If McCain wins the nom, I have a feeling that Bloomberg will enter the race as an Independent which will split the conservative vote. Of course if Ralph Nader decides to jump back in again (which he has said he is thinking about), then it could be very interesting indeed.

Cat

The far right wanted a candidate such as Hunter or Tancredo, but neither got any traction.  The pundits will shape up once McCain is the nominee.  They're not that dumb (except Sean Hannity).  If the next president is going to be either McCain or:
a. Hillary Clinton
b. A liberal black man
They'll get on the McCain bandwagon on the double quick.  

As much as I like Nader, I think it's time for him to retire.  Don't run Ralph.  Bloomberg spooks me because he's even richer than Ross Perot and he's very moderate.  He might just as well take votes from Hillary.  

If I had to choose a Republican I'd go with McCain, no hesitation.  McCain scares me a bit, but Romney is a total sh*thead.
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/08 at 5:42 pm

Who I think. 

Obama nation for me!
8)

The far right wanted a candidate such as Hunter or Tancredo, but neither got any traction.  The pundits will shape up once McCain is the nominee.  They're not that dumb (except Sean Hannity).  If the next president is going to be either McCain or:
a. Hillary Clinton
b. A liberal black man
They'll get on the McCain bandwagon on the double quick. 

As much as I like Nader, I think it's time for him to retire.  Don't run Ralph.  Bloomberg spooks me because he's even richer than Ross Perot and he's very moderate.  He might just as well take votes from Hillary. 
If I had to choose a Republican I'd go with McCain, no hesitation.  McCain scares me a bit, but Romney is a total sh*thead.

There was a time when I may have voted for McCain but lately he has been doing some wacko things-like siding with Dubya on the war.  ::)

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/04/08 at 5:52 pm

The Republican primary in Utah is closed,  but the Demos will let you vote as long as you aren't registered Republican.  I went with no party affiliation, thankfully.  If I had to I would vote McCain as well.

I'm bipartisan and I will be voting next month.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/04/08 at 6:23 pm

There was a time when I may have voted for McCain but lately he has been doing some wacko things-like siding with Dubya on the war.  ::)

Cat

As the lesser of two evils, I'd pick McCain over Romney.  I used to think McCain was an O.K. kind of conservative until he turned out to be a crank on the war.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/04/08 at 6:25 pm

Hillary didn't start actively speaking out against the war until around the time her campaign started.  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/04/08 at 6:41 pm

Hillary didn't start actively speaking out against the war until around the time her campaign started.  ::)

Yup-and I think she voted to fund the war WHILE campaigning against it.  ::)  Which is the reason I will not vote for her.

Cat

Written By: Brian06 on 02/04/08 at 6:48 pm

Yup-and I think she voted to fund the war WHILE campaigning against it.  ::)  Which is the reason I will not vote for her.

Cat

Yeah she's a complete phony.

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 4:21 pm

There is a polling station here in London set up for the 250, 000 Americans that live in the UK.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/08 at 4:25 pm

There is a polling station here in London set up for the 250, 000 Americans that live in the UK.

There are only 250K Americans in the UK and they all live in London?  :o

Methinks they should have just one Super Tuesday for all 50 states...don't let this all drag out!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 4:27 pm

There are only 250K Americans in the UK and they all live in London?  :o

Methinks they should have just one Super Tuesday for all 50 states...don't let this all drag out!
The 250, 000 Americans live in the UK, I do not have the figure for London alone.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/08 at 4:33 pm

The 250, 000 Americans live in the UK, I do not have the figure for London alone.

...but then the ones who are in the boonies still have to drive into London!  That's quite a trek to vote, but nothing compared to the blood spilled to secure one's right to vote!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/08 at 4:35 pm

...but then the ones who are in the boonies still have to drive into London!  That's quite a trek to vote, but nothing compared to the blood spilled to secure one's right to vote!
There has been postal votes and voting online, but (including the voting on paper) is all is centred at this one place.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 4:37 pm

what the heck is a Super Delegate  ???  isn't being a delegate enough?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 4:39 pm

I'm going to assume it's not a delegate from West Virginia.  Huckabee got all of them. :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 4:43 pm

I'm going to assume it's not a delegate from West Virginia.  Huckabee got all of them. :P

John Denver thought WV was almost heaven  :-\\        now i think I just saw the term Super Delegate this week, and almost confused it with that other arrogant label >  super model.  seriously speaking, that would be Huck's first win, correct?  I'm voting for Alan Keyes 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/05/08 at 4:44 pm

A delegate on steroids?

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 4:46 pm

A delegate on steroids?

Cat
that has cartoon/comic potential Cat.    so now the delegates will all aspire to be super.  I hate that title   

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/05/08 at 4:48 pm

that has cartoon/comic potential Cat.    so now the delegates will all aspire to be super.  I hate that title   

Don't forget the cape. You can't be "super" without a cape.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 4:51 pm

John Denver thought WV was almost heaven  :-\\        now i think I just saw the term Super Delegate this week, and almost confused it with that other arrogant label >  super model.  seriously speaking, that would be Huck's first win, correct?  I'm voting for Alan Keyes 

John Denver was referring to the scenery not the politics of the state.  Smart man, stayed away from stuff like that. :)

The winning of delegates is very important.  You have the populous vote and the delegates that help carry a state during an election.  They probably have a lot to do with the electoral college.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 4:52 pm

Cat

It's a bird!!!  No, it's a plane!!!  No, it's . . . SUPER DELEGATE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/05/08 at 4:56 pm

It's a bird!!!  No, it's a plane!!!  No, it's . . . SUPER DELEGATE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Able to leap large polls in a single bound.

Cat

Written By: Brian06 on 02/05/08 at 5:01 pm

Apparently they are elected officeholders and various party officials that are in addition to the regular delegates, they are not pledged to vote for a certain candidate unlike the regular delegates who must vote for whatever candidate they are pledged to which is determined of course by the primaries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superdelegate

Written By: Henk on 02/05/08 at 5:02 pm

Apparently they are elected officeholders and various party officials that are in addition to the regular delegates, they are not pledged to vote for a certain candidate unlike the regular delegates who must vote for whatever candidate they are pledged to which is determined of course by the primaries.

Yeah...what he ^ said...

What..? You want names? OK...these are the Dems.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 5:11 pm

Oh so it's the big shots.  Barack Obama's on that list so is Bill and Hillary Clinton.  How can they have regular delegate voting status?  Form what I saw there's massive conflicts of interest. :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 5:21 pm

Cat
of course, super delegate has gotta have a cape. 

John Denver was referring to the scenery not the politics of the state.  Smart man, stayed away from stuff like that. :)

The winning of delegates is very important.  You have the populous vote and the delegates that help carry a state during an election.  They probably have a lot to do with the electoral college.
John did write a beautifuil song about our beautiful country & I love it and am glad it has nothing to do with politics

thanks for the Wiki Brian. so the Super Del's have some voting freedom or at least it would appear so.

Yeah...what he ^ said...

What..? You want names? OK...these are the Dems.

names arenot necessary, just trying to understand why the title because it sounds new to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 7:15 pm

^ John Denver, eh?
                          :D

It's a dead heat here in Massachusetts.  I voted for Obama this morning.  Pouring rain.  Not much room in the entryway of Munson Memorial.  I was dreading standing outdoors.  Then I remembered it was just the primary, not the general.  No lines.  There should be, mind you.  Thank god I got there when I did.  As I was walking out the bus from the old folks home pulled up.  They got two speeds--slow and stop. 
:P

I dunno if they even had Republican ballots on hand in my precinct!

"Excuse me, I said 'Republican'!" 
"Oh....Mildred, where are the Republican ballots?...I see. Just use this laundry pen and scribble out 'Democrat' and write 'Republican.'"
:-\\

I was disappointed to see the sign that read: "Be prepared to show I.D. if you registered after January 1, 2003."  So I got my license out...but they didn't ask to see it!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 7:24 pm

^ John Denver, eh?

It's a dead heat here in Massachusetts.  I voted for Obama this morning.  Pouring rain.  Not much room in the entryway of Munson Memorial.  I was dreading standing outdoors.  Then I remembered it was just the primary, not the general.  No lines.  There should be, mind you.  Thank god I got there when I did.  As I was walking out the bus from the old folks home pulled up.  They got two speeds--slow and stop. 

I dunno if they even had Republican ballots on hand in my precinct!

"Excuse me, I said 'Republican'!" 
"Oh....Mildred, where are the Republican ballots?...I see. Just use this laundry pen and scribble out 'Democrat' and write 'Republican.'"
:-\\

I was disappointed to see the sign that read: "Be prepared to show I.D. if you registered after January 1, 2003."  So I got my license out...but they didn't ask to see it!

I had to vote for Obama.  I was harassed by some very hostile Republicans who insisted that I vote for Mitt.  I should have worn a pin that said I am a Democrat.  (Of course the last time I did something like that a Santorum supported said I was going to hell. :)) 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 7:30 pm

I had to vote for Obama.  I was harassed by some very hostile Republicans who insisted that I vote for Mitt.

In Massachusetts, the Mitt booster club would be wearing bags over their heads!

I should have worn a pin that said I am a Democrat.  (Of course the last time I did something like that a Santorum supported said I was going http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devilsmile.gif

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 7:39 pm

That's when you say, "Great! See you there!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devilsmile.gif

I live in a pretty conservative area they seem to like Mitt.  Didn't see any people for Huckabee out on the prowl.

I told the lady she had just brightened my day.  Which really ticked her off.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 7:52 pm

I live in a pretty conservative area they seem to like Mitt.  Didn't see any people for Huckabee out on the prowl.

I told the lady she had just brightened my day.  Which really ticked her off.

For sure.  They like it much better when you get mad and yell at them! (seriously.)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 7:57 pm

For sure.  They like it much better when you get mad and yell at them! (seriously.)

She was standing by her car.  A old Ford Taurus with a small Santorum sticker (on the windshield, of all places :D) and a bunch of pro-life bumper stickers.  I wasn't about ready to give her the argument.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 8:00 pm

She was standing by her car.  A old Ford Taurus with a small Santorum sticker (on the windshield, of all places :D)

Good warning for pedestrians.  Don't cross now, this broad is reeeeal duuumb!

Then again Mitt did win Massachusetts just now.  They've got David Gregory talking about it on MSNBC.  David Gregory looks like he's got an ashtray in his mouth, ever notice that?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 8:04 pm

Good warning for pedestrians.  Don't cross now, this broad is reeeeal duuumb!

You know I was drawn to that like a magnet.  Kind of like being drawn to a freak show. ;D

Written By: Macphisto on 02/05/08 at 8:16 pm

With any luck, it will be Obama vs. McCain by the end of all this.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 8:20 pm

With any luck, it will be Obama vs. McCain by the end of all this.

Hopefully.  All though I think for a democratic candidate Mitt would be easier to beat.  Even easier Huckabee. :P

Written By: Macphisto on 02/05/08 at 8:25 pm

Hopefully.  All though I think for a democratic candidate Mitt would be easier to beat.  Even easier Huckabee. :P

True...  Obama could beat Mitt.  I don't know if he could beat McCain.

Written By: La Roche on 02/05/08 at 8:32 pm

Well, no, we don't. We have open primaries, but it's a bit weird. Technically it's based on who you voted for last time, but in no way shape or form is it enforced, they're open.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 8:33 pm

That's when you say, "Great! See you there!"
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/devilsmile.gif
I just voted here in Northern California in a residential garage that is the usual polling place, & I noticed a tone in the poll person's voice as he looked at the other worker  ::) and said "he's a Republican"   so anyway, here's a pic of me getting ready to vote for Mitt
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0206kDalHLMoAdFyjzbkF/SIG=132i9qa01/EXP=1202347812/**http%3A//www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Unknown%2520Comic.jpg

Written By: Dagwood on 02/05/08 at 8:42 pm

Karma for you, Badfingerfan. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 8:46 pm

I just voted here in Northern California in a residential garage that is the usual polling place, & I noticed a tone in the poll person's voice as he looked at the other worker  ::) and said "he's a Republican"  so anyway, here's a pic of me getting ready to vote for Mitt
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0S0206kDalHLMoAdFyjzbkF/SIG=132i9qa01/EXP=1202347812/**http%3A//www.extrememortman.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/Unknown%2520Comic.jpg

I do like the suit though. ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 8:48 pm

As I predicted, Clinton won Massachusetts.  
:(

Oh well, could be worse.  Could be raining!
:)

Damn.
:(

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 8:57 pm

Karma for you, Badfingerfan. ;D
the unknown republican  ;D

I do like the suit though. ;D
I think I had an outfit like that in the 80's  :-[ 

as for wearing a bag in Mass because one may be ashamed to be a Repub, Calif is a far cry from Mass and there are a few Repubs here so we'll see what happens

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 8:58 pm

I just realized that I've successfully voted for the winner in the last 5 Presidential elections.  I suck  8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 9:01 pm

the unknown republican  ;D
I think I had an outfit like that in the 80's  :-[ 

as for wearing a bag in Mass because one may be ashamed to be a Repub, Calif is a far cry from Mass and there are a few Repubs here so we'll see what happens

You'd like Pennsylvania we've got Republicans.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/05/08 at 9:02 pm

You'd like Pennsylvania we've got Republicans.
and you have chocolate! what about Maryland?  I'm an Orioles fan

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/05/08 at 9:10 pm

and you have chocolate! what about Maryland?  I'm an Orioles fan

Yep, we've got it all. :)

Maryland has Republicans and the Orioles and Civil War battlefields.  Scenery is stupendous.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/05/08 at 9:11 pm

For one, I was not saying it's a shame to be Republican.  I was saying it's a shame to be from Massachusetts and still like Mitt Romney.  We had to live with the trouser snake.  

Written By: saver on 02/05/08 at 10:03 pm

How many Prez. elections have we heard 'It's time for  change'...?

I can't back the Dems. because Obama just has SENATE experience and no talked about plan to change whatever he is talking about why we should vote for him,
the House and the Senate have the power to pass and add pork links to things..and make more than the president as well!

Hillary has some experience of the office but what has she done great enough to give her the biggest position in the land?

Do we listen to Mitt who points out how he has expeirence 'running' businesses?

McCain shouldn't get the vote because he's a veteran-just as Obama being black or Hillary who had a husband who cheated on her 'C'Mon ladies...you know what that's like..vote for me'....ok she didn't say that,but why not try it...

Other countries are getting their paper mache puppet heads ready for whoever wins to burn the effigy and will Darrell Hammond go as far a putting on a dress to imitate Hillary?

Written By: KKay on 02/05/08 at 10:06 pm

I was the only person in my office to vote.

i hate that.

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/05/08 at 10:14 pm

I was the only person in my office to vote.

i hate that.

Yeah, tomorrow you'll have to go around dealing with co-workers pointing fingers at you because it's all your fault! :)

Written By: KKay on 02/05/08 at 10:17 pm

Yeah, tomorrow you'll have to go around dealing with co-workers pointing fingers at you because it's all your fault! :)

totally.  i gave my standard speech...

choices made in this country have an impact worldwide...blah blah...express yourself...blah blah.. use your rights or lose them....don't blame me blah blah blah....

Written By: Tia on 02/05/08 at 10:23 pm

well, it looks like mccain's got it on the republican side. i guess i'm relieved, actually, because mitt romney is a lunatic. huckabee is also a lunatic but at least he's funny. but if it's gotta be a republican, i guess mccain is marginally less repulsive than the others.

between hil and obama it looks like it's still a jump ball.

ah! obama just got projected to win connecticut. :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/08 at 10:30 pm

I hope Obama gets a huge chunk of the pie in CA even if he does come in second.  What happens to all the people who voted for Edwards and Kucinich even though they're sorta out of the race?  Do the delegates just disappear into the ether?

Written By: Tia on 02/05/08 at 10:33 pm

I hope Obama gets a huge chunk of the pie in CA even if he does come in second.  What happens to all the people who voted for Edwards and Kucinich even though they're sorta out of the race?  Do the delegates just disappear into the ether?
i think the dropped out candidates can come in and endorse someone and then this might incline the delegates to vote for whoever the candidates endorse but it's more a suggestion than anything else.

Written By: Tia on 02/05/08 at 10:33 pm

how come hillary's in a dead heat with obama even though no one likes her? i smell a conspiracy. as usual.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/08 at 10:39 pm

how come hillary's in a dead heat with obama even though no one likes her? i smell a conspiracy. as usual.

Because she rode the coattails of the contract between the Devil and the Boston area sports teams?

Written By: karen on 02/05/08 at 11:01 pm

ah! obama just got projected to win connecticut. :)

I didn't understand how the news was reporting this.  "Obama has 50% of the vote and Clinton has 47%"

Who else were the other 3% voting for?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/08 at 11:06 pm

I didn't understand how the news was reporting this.  "Obama has 50% of the vote and Clinton has 47%"

Probably Edwards and Kucinich, if they were still on the ballot.

Written By: nally on 02/05/08 at 11:09 pm

I was thinkin' that too...my state's ballot had a few other democratic canidates whose names I never heard of as well.

Written By: karen on 02/05/08 at 11:27 pm

Edwards out

Kucinich out

Maybe there was some local only option.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/05/08 at 11:28 pm

I think even if they are out of the race, their names still remain on the ballot because the ballot makers either didn't have enough time to alter the ballots, or just decided "whatever" and left them on there anyway.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/06/08 at 12:06 am

Obama is projected to win Utah!  I am so excited, all along they were expecting Clinton to win.  Take that, Hillary.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/06/08 at 12:41 am

No, there are just a lot of stupid people.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/06/08 at 12:58 am

For one, I was not saying it's a shame to be Republican.  I was saying it's a shame to be from Massachusetts and still like Mitt Romney.  We had to live with the trouser snake.  
my misunderstanding Max and for all I know, I may be American Independant next time round and then back to  reg. Democrat by 2016. it could happen

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/06/08 at 2:50 am

I was unable to vote this time around, but my hopes were for Obama to win for the Democrats and McCain for the GOP. I find them the two most likable contenders, but again, people don't vote for likability these days - a lot of people just vote for no apparent reason and we get stuck with people like Romney and Clinton (okay, I'll shut my mouth now  ;D )

Written By: Jessica on 02/06/08 at 10:16 am

Jason and I voted for Obama (gotta start them early :D). No surprise that he won Illinois.

Written By: McDonald on 02/06/08 at 11:24 am

Well, there is no conspiracy. A lot of people do like Hillary. A lot of women especially. Also, a lot of African-American and Latino support has helped her. Everyone knows that Bill was the first black president, lol.

And it's not dead heat. Hillary is ahead. Not by a big enough margin, but ahead for the time being nonetheless.

Written By: McDonald on 02/06/08 at 11:26 am

I'm sort of hoping that no matter which one of them actually gets the nomination, the other will go as a running mate. You just can't beat a Hillary/Obama or Obama/Hillary ticket. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/06/08 at 11:45 am

Well, there is no conspiracy. A lot of people do like Hillary. A lot of women especially. Also, a lot of African-American and Latino support has helped her. Everyone knows that Bill was the first black president, lol.

And it's not dead heat. Hillary is ahead. Not by a big enough margin, but ahead for the time being nonetheless.

Hillary's ahead only when you count Super Delegates, and since those can still change, she's not really ahead.  With several more states to go, a lot of them favoring Obama, I'd say it isn't over yet for the Dems at all.  Considering that Hillary was supposed to have a double digit lead in most states, and it appears now that she didn't win the delegate count yesterday, I'd say she's starting to flounder a bit.

McCain is clearly going to get the nod for the Republicans... which frankly is the best their party can hope for, which is saying very little indeed.

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/06/08 at 11:53 am

Hillary's ahead only when you count Super Delegates, and since those can still change, she's not really ahead.  With several more states to go, a lot of them favoring Obama, I'd say it isn't over yet for the Dems at all.  Considering that Hillary was supposed to have a double digit lead in most states, and it appears now that she didn't win the delegate count yesterday, I'd say she's starting to flounder a bit.

McCain is clearly going to get the nod for the Republicans... which frankly is the best their party can hope for, which is saying very little indeed.

That's because McCain speaks for both the Democrats and Republicans. He's very moderate, and I am too.

Written By: Jessica on 02/06/08 at 11:54 am

This Latino female didn't vote for her. As a matter of fact, most of my family in California support Obama. The ones that pay attention anyways. :D

I do agree with you though. Hillary/Obama or Obama/Hillary would be a major force to be reckoned with.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 12:18 pm

I think Mike Gravel is still in the race.  :o :o :o  There may also be a bunch of unknowns. During every presidential election, there are always many names on the ballots and you asked yourself, "Who?"

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/06/08 at 12:21 pm

That's because McCain speaks for both the Democrats and Republicans. He's very moderate, and I am too.

Then you aren't paying attention very closely.  McCain is a short tempered war monger.  He's got a large portion of votes from people who oppose the war, yet are voting for an unapologetic supporter of it, who wants to continue it for 100 years if he has to.  He's not a moderate by any means, but for some reason he has the moderates convinced he is.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/06/08 at 12:23 pm

Then you aren't paying attention very closely.  McCain is a short tempered war monger.  He's got a large portion of votes from people who oppose the war, yet are voting for an unapologetic supporter of it, who wants to continue it for 100 years if he has to.  He's not a moderate by any means, but for some reason he has the moderates convinced he is.

And has the conservatives convinces he's a liberal.  ::)  :o :o :o

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/06/08 at 12:29 pm

This Latino female didn't vote for her. As a matter of fact, most of my family in California support Obama. The ones that pay attention anyways. :D

I do agree with you though. Hillary/Obama or Obama/Hillary would be a major force to be reckoned with.

Which one of them would get shot first?  And would they think twice about it knowing that the other will become President, and if they shot them too, that Nancy Pelosi would become President?

Not advocating assassination, just sayin'.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/06/08 at 1:59 pm

Which one of them would get shot first?  And would they think twice about it knowing that the other will become President, and if they shot them too, that Nancy Pelosi would become President?

Not advocating assassination, just sayin'.

If the S.S. can keep Cheney and Bush protected, I think they can protect anyone at this point.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/06/08 at 3:22 pm

How do they decide who the Superdelegates are going for?  Is it just going on what they have said?

Written By: Tia on 02/06/08 at 3:29 pm

i think coulter and limbaugh are doing that for him, maybe.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 3:41 pm

How do they decide who the Superdelegates are going for?  Is it just going on what they have said?

I think they are just estimating based on what some have said, so the super delegate numbers are far from set in stone. I hope Hillary doesn't win just because more big shots in the party want her than Obama.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/06/08 at 4:50 pm

Thanks. :)

Written By: Tia on 02/06/08 at 5:07 pm

I think they are just estimating based on what some have said, so the super delegate numbers are far from set in stone. I hope Hillary doesn't win just because more big shots in the party want her than Obama.
wow, brian. you're hot.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 5:10 pm

wow, brian. you're hot.

;D

Written By: McDonald on 02/06/08 at 6:29 pm

Well a lot of big shots want Obama. The Kennedys are Democrat royalty, and their chief has thrown his support behind Obama.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 6:33 pm

Well a lot of big shots want Obama. The Kennedys are Democrat royalty, and their chief has thrown his support behind Obama.

Well Hillary apparently quite a bit more super delegates, so she has more support among party leadership overall according to the estimates anyway, though I have no idea where the superdelegate estimates are actually coming from.  :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/06/08 at 6:34 pm

The estimates change depending on which site you go on...MSN seems to think Obama is slightly ahead even with superdelegates factored in, but most other news sites have Clinton up by 80 or so delegates.  Who knows?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/06/08 at 6:36 pm

Heard they're were a bunch of tornadoes that touch down in a few Southern states last night.  A few of those states went for Huckabee.  I'm trying hard not to consider it a sign.

Written By: Brian06 on 02/06/08 at 6:37 pm

It's going to be close, I don't think this thing will be decided until maybe some of the final primaries, it is that close. Right now it is neck and neck or Hillary with a slight advatage, but Obama is doing better as time goes on so he is in pretty good shape with some big contests to go still.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/06/08 at 7:30 pm

They were on our ballots in Mass.

A fraction of that 3% is: "Too drunk to remember."

Check for new replies or respond here...