» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: obama sweeps saturday primaries!

Written By: Tia on 02/10/08 at 9:04 am

thanks for endorsing hillary, ann coulter!

By Michael D. Shear and Anne E. Kornblut
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, February 10, 2008; 8:31 AM

Sen. Barack Obama dominated Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton in presidential balloting in Nebraska, Louisiana and Washington state last night, besting her by huge margins in those contests and further narrowing her slender advantage in delegates needed to claim the Democratic presidential nomination.

Subject: Re: obama sweeps saturday primaries!

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/08 at 9:09 am

I think it is great!  He now has more delegates that she does.

Written By: Jessica on 02/10/08 at 10:48 am

*wild dance of glee*

Written By: Tia on 02/10/08 at 11:16 am

*wild dance of glee*
i thought it would probably be a happy day in the jessicube. bros over hos!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 10:42 pm

I like the part where he won in Maine too.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/08 at 10:44 pm

I've been doing the happy dance all evening.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 10:46 pm

I just hope the superdelegate count isn't really what CNN claims, so that it's not really that close of a race now that Obama is leading in pledged delegates.  Maybe that Kennedy endorsement will start working now that Obama actually has more momentum.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/08 at 10:50 pm

Even with the superdelegates, he is closing in.  He is only 27 behind with them.  If she gets the nom, I have a feeling we will have President McCain.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 10:52 pm

I think I can sort of live with either McCain or Obama...I prefer Obama though, he's less likely to die a year into his term :P

Written By: Dagwood on 02/10/08 at 10:53 pm

Good point. ;D

Written By: Tia on 02/10/08 at 10:57 pm

I think I can sort of live with either McCain or Obama...I prefer Obama though, he's less likely to die a year into his term :P
i dunno, i could see obama gettin' "lone-wolfed" under suspicious circumstances.

Written By: Tia on 02/11/08 at 12:29 am

chalk up another one!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080211/ap_on_el_pr/maine_caucuses_21

he just got maine. and hillary is reorganizing her star chamber to try and control the damage.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080211/pl_nm/usa_politics_dc_87

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/11/08 at 1:40 am

His mother's 95 and still pretty sharp.  If its genetics, McCain could do two terms of sound body and mind.  But it might not be gentics..and McCain might not be lucid!
???

I'm glad to see Obama win all those states, but Hillary's not gonna pull a Mitt Romney, nooooo suh!

I just saw at the end of a Clinton Ralley they were playing Dolly Parton's "Nine-to-Five."  She shouldn't associate her campaign wth that song from a movie about scheming secretaries.  You've come a long way baby...from 1980!

I do worry about Obama getting JFK'd.  If that happened their would be riots like we haven't seen since the 1960s and I'd be hard pressed to call them unjustified.

I still think it's more likely to be Hillary, and I don't think McCain can beat her...not at this point. 
::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/12/08 at 5:21 pm

His mother's 95 and still pretty sharp.  If its genetics, McCain could do two terms of sound body and mind.  But it might not be gentics..and McCain might not be lucid!
???

I'm glad to see Obama win all those states, but Hillary's not gonna pull a Mitt Romney, nooooo suh!

I just saw at the end of a Clinton Ralley they were playing Dolly Parton's "Nine-to-Five."  She shouldn't associate her campaign wth that song from a movie about scheming secretaries.  You've come a long way baby...from 1980!

I do worry about Obama getting JFK'd.  If that happened their would be riots like we haven't seen since the 1960s and I'd be hard pressed to call them unjustified.

I still think it's more likely to be Hillary, and I don't think McCain can beat her...not at this point. 
::)

Hillary may win one or two more states.  There's a few larger state primaries in April.  Not sure if Obama's going to get enough Super Delegates.  Some of them were big during the Clinton era.  You're right though, Hillary will never drop out.  Heck if she looses the Primary, guaranteed she'll run 2012.

Obama wanted security coverage during the early part of the campaign, so he knows he may be "JFK'd" 

Hillary would have to mess up pretty bad for McCain to beat her.  She has a majority of her party's political machine on her side.  McCain doesn't and probably won't.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/08 at 5:44 pm

We had one presidential assassination and three more attempts in under 20 years:
Kennedy 1963
Ford 1975
Ford 1975
Reagan 1981

After Reagan they turned security into a science.  If you're packing a piece and you get within one mile of the president, the secret service will bust your ass and you'll be wondring how they figured it out.  If Obama gets killed, it will be an inside job.  A majority of people believe Kennedy was an inside job, but I'm no longer certain. 

Written By: Macphisto on 02/12/08 at 5:47 pm

I hope Obama wins, but it scares me that Hillary leads in both Florida and Ohio -- the 2 most important swing states.  McCain also leads in Florida, although apparently, Guiliani led in Ohio before he dropped out.  Guiliani also led in Pennsylvania.

I have a bad feeling this will all come down to Hillary vs. McCain, which pretty much guarantees another Republican victory.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/08 at 5:51 pm

I hope Obama wins, but it scares me that Hillary leads in both Florida and Ohio -- the 2 most important swing states.  McCain also leads in Florida, although apparently, Guiliani led in Ohio before he dropped out.  Guiliani also led in Pennsylvania.

I have a bad feeling this will all come down to Hillary vs. McCain, which pretty much guarantees another Republican victory.

Only if it's close enough for them to steal for the third time in a row.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/12/08 at 5:54 pm

We had one presidential assassination and three more attempts in under 20 years:
Kennedy 1963
Ford 1975
Ford 1975
Reagan 1981

After Reagan they turned security into a science.  If you're packing a piece and you get within one mile of the president, the secret service will bust your ass and you'll be wondring how they figured it out.  If Obama gets killed, it will be an inside job.  A majority of people believe Kennedy was an inside job, but I'm no longer certain. 

Security is very tight once the candidate gets past the Primaries and into the main election.  My parents went to see Bush,  security was so tight nothing could possibly have happened.  Inside jobs would even be hard to pull off.  Doubt you could use a gun in that case.  As for Kennedy, I have some questions about Spectors single bullet theory.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/12/08 at 5:58 pm

I hope Obama wins, but it scares me that Hillary leads in both Florida and Ohio -- the 2 most important swing states.  McCain also leads in Florida, although apparently, Guiliani led in Ohio before he dropped out.  Guiliani also led in Pennsylvania.

Clinton will probably get Ohio.  Ed Rendell will certainly hand PA over to Hillary.  Don't get me started on Gov. Rendell and the Clinton's.  (Sorry, still fuming over the dirty deals behind Casey becoming Senator,)

Written By: Macphisto on 02/12/08 at 6:02 pm

I'm not familiar with Rendell, but that doesn't surprise me at all.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/08 at 6:02 pm

Security is very tight once the candidate gets past the Primaries and into the main election.  My parents went to see Bush,  security was so tight nothing could possibly have happened.  Inside jobs would even be hard to pull off.  Doubt you could use a gun in that case.  As for Kennedy, I have some questions about Spectors single bullet theory.

Well, we could go round and round about Kennedy for years and never resolve the question.  It's been done!  I wish more conspiracy theorists would focus on my suspicions--that the Bush family was behind the attempt on Reagan!
:o

George W. Bush is one of the most hated men worldwide.  He'd better have airtight security!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/12/08 at 6:13 pm

Well, we could go round and round about Kennedy for years and never resolve the question.  It's been done!  I wish more conspiracy theorists would focus on my suspicions--that the Bush family was behind the attempt on Reagan!
:o

George W. Bush is one of the most hated men worldwide.  He'd better have airtight security!

His Dad had more shady ties than Nixon.  He was the head of the CIA before Reagan.  Reagan was a bit naive about the diabolical side of politics. I think Bush will have security, if he stays in the country and doesn't travel outside of it.  Outside the U.S. he's screwed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/12/08 at 6:25 pm

His Dad had more shady ties than Nixon.  He was the head of the CIA before Reagan.  Reagan was a bit naive about the diabolical side of politics. I think Bush will have security, if he stays in the country and doesn't travel outside of it.  Outside the U.S. he's screwed.

He'll have the security detail 24/7 for the rest of his life, but not as extreme as he had when he was president (I know he still is president, it's just a joy to speak of him in the past tense).  Wherever Bill Clinton goes he's greeted like he was Elvis and Jesus rolled into one.  Dubya will get the one-finger salute everywhere except Dubai, where all the oil tycoons are going to move after they've trashed America. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/12/08 at 6:32 pm

He'll have the security detail 24/7 for the rest of his life, but not as extreme as he had when he was president (I know he still is president, it's just a joy to speak of him in the past tense).  Wherever Bill Clinton goes he's greeted like he was Elvis and Jesus rolled into one.  Dubya will get the one-finger salute everywhere except Dubai, where all the oil tycoons are going to move after they've trashed America. 

Most Presidents go one and do something constructive after their Presidency.  Reagan and his ranch, Carter and his Habitat For Humanity and working on his peace making policy think tank.  G.H.W. Bush playing golf with Clinton and their occasional relief effort bit.  What the hell is Dubya going to do?  tax payers will still be paying for babysitters.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/12/08 at 10:12 pm

Obama swept Hilarty in VA today something like 65% to 34%. McPain barely edged out Huckabee - Ron Paul got 3% I think.

Ant

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/08 at 10:15 pm

They've called it in DC and MD for Obama, too.  According to CNN he has 1197 delegates to Hilary's 1178.  I love it!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/12/08 at 10:42 pm

I hate the part where it's 0% reported and Hillary's got 60 votes to Obama's 30 and they STILL project an Obama victory.  Come on, at least let them get to 25% reported before you call the election!  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/08 at 10:44 pm

That cracked me up, too.  They are all three in the comfort zone for Obama now.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/12/08 at 11:52 pm

Thank goodness McCain won in VA too, I was about to lose all faith in humanity :D

Check for new replies or respond here...