» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: ZOMFFG WTF LOL BBQ!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/14/08 at 3:03 pm

Sorry for the title, I was kind of shocked...

Romney endorses McCain

:o

At first I thought that Romney dropping out of the race was bad because he was splitting the retardo (that's what I call the uber-right wing crazies) vote with Huckabee, and that his ultimate plan was to destroy McCain's candidacy thusly.  But he did say that the Republican party needed solidarity and stuff, and it seems he was serious about it, because by endorsing McCain, he's basically handed the nomination to McCain. 

Thus!  Giving McCain breathing room to just concentrate on raising money, and letting the Democrats kill themselves.

I would still prefer a President Obama but I can actually live with McCain.  Heck, I was hoping McCain could've been the President in 2000 :P

Subject: Re: ZOMFFG WTF LOL BBQ!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/08 at 3:25 pm

This does not surprises me. Who else is he going to endorse? Huckabee? Hardly. Mitt was the one who wanted Huckabee to get out of the race but he did instead. And Mitt also knows that Huckabee doesn't have a prayer (yes, pun intended). I just see Mitt endorsing Obama-yeah right!  ::)

Cat

Written By: Macphisto on 02/14/08 at 6:05 pm

It looks like Romney is jockeying for a running mate position with McCain.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/14/08 at 6:55 pm

That is my thought, it is a very Romneyesque move.  They liked to call Clinton "Slick Willy", they haven't seen anything until the have seen Romney at work.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/08 at 7:12 pm

Possibly a good move for 2008, but not for 2016, which is the other election year McCain must consider for the sake of the GOP.  It is also possible McCain will encounter health problems that might prevent him from seeking re-election in 2012 as he is 73 years old.  However, McCain seems to be from hardy stock. 

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/15/08 at 8:00 am

Perhaps but if Hillary wins McCain may choose a woman running mate.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/15/08 at 10:19 am

Let's see, there's Liddy Dole, then there's mmmmmmmmmmmm........ ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/08 at 1:21 pm

Well, it looks like Obama is going to win the Dem nom so that means that McCain can choose Hilary as a running mate. Ann Culter said that if McCain won the nom, she would vote for Hilary. Here is McCain's chance to bring the far right on-board to his campaign.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/15/08 at 4:32 pm

Ann Coulter is an idiot and Obama hasn't clinched it yet.  Even if Obama wins flat out in pledged delegates, a bunch of superdelegates and other "important" people will try to drag Michigan and Florida back into the race and cause a gigantic crapstorm. 

Politicians are such douchebags :P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/15/08 at 11:51 pm

Let's see, there's Liddy Dole, then there's mmmmmmmmmmmm........ ???

Mary Bono, yeah it's a long shot but he'd be stupid not too.

Written By: Macphisto on 02/16/08 at 4:56 pm

Well, it looks like Obama is going to win the Dem nom so that means that McCain can choose Hilary as a running mate. Ann Culter said that if McCain won the nom, she would vote for Hilary. Here is McCain's chance to bring the far right on-board to his campaign.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

LMAO...  good call...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/16/08 at 8:18 pm

LMAO...  good call...

Well, I glad that SOMEONE can take a joke. Karma to you.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/16/08 at 8:34 pm

Ann Coulter is an idiot and Obama hasn't clinched it yet.  Even if Obama wins flat out in pledged delegates, a bunch of superdelegates and other "important" people will try to drag Michigan and Florida back into the race and cause a gigantic crapstorm. 

Politicians are such douchebags :P

Yeah, it's a douchey world we're living in.  You're right, though, Obama hasn't got it clinched.  The media just hates Hillary so they're not talking in terms of if it's over for her, but when.  And I say this as an Obama voter.
::)

Check for new replies or respond here...