» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: McCain affair rumored

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/08 at 12:28 am

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iG-8I87S5w4QP8CPIrx2wh8irqmgD8UUG0M80

Sen. John McCain supposedly had an affair during his 2000 presidential campaign with then 40-year-old lobbyist Vicki Iseman. 

I'll be surprised if this story has legs.
::)

Subject: Re: McCain affair rumored

Written By: saver on 02/21/08 at 12:54 am

wait 'til Hillarys side panics and digs up Obama took someones lunch money in 3rd grade...she's gettin' desparate....Funny how Bill steps up and talks about, you gotta vote for her so she can do all this stuff for this country, cause if you don't, ...well, she won't .....(He's getting shaky for her too it seems).... 

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/21/08 at 1:00 am

I'll be surprised if this story has legs.

Hey, if she knows how to use 'em...

(Cue three guys with long beards and fuzzy guitars...)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/08 at 1:41 am

As our friend Lyricboy would say:  Vicki Iseman? I'd party with her!  (I'm talking more like the Tube Steak Boogie!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/ky.gif

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 10:07 am

I thought only two of them had long beards and fuzzy guitars.

Dang, now I need to go find that video...

Written By: Tia on 02/21/08 at 10:42 am

I thought only two of them had long beards and fuzzy guitars.

Dang, now I need to go find that video...
two of them have long beards. the one that doesn't is named "beard."

conspiracy? probably. i bet castro has something to do with it.

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/21/08 at 11:33 am

what's interesting is how long the papers sat on the story... the rumors were being investigated as far back as October and pieces held back for months.

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Washington_Post_piles_on_McCainlobbyist_story_0221.html

lots of different sources for this one.  Not just an affair, but with a lobbyist for crying out loud.  So much for integrity.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/21/08 at 2:38 pm

Ah did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Oops, wrong thread.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/21/08 at 5:02 pm

Romney's people are claiming that the "Times" sat on the story to makes sure McCain was winning. 

As for McCain's affair with the lobbyist.  Republicans are supposed to mess up AFTER they get into the office they're aiming for, not before.

If this story goes anywhere watch Mitt try and come back.

Written By: Jessica on 02/21/08 at 6:37 pm

I'm surprised the old coot could even get it up.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/21/08 at 6:40 pm

I'm surprised the old coot could even get it up.

Rush probably told him they have medication for that.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/08 at 6:41 pm

Rush or Bob Dole.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/21/08 at 6:43 pm

Rush or Bob Dole.

Oh, you're right.  Rush doesn't really talk to McCain much.  It was probably Dole.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/21/08 at 7:43 pm

They're still holding back.  It was McCain, Iseman, a Salvadoran busboy, and a goat...
:-\\

Written By: Foo Bar on 02/23/08 at 9:56 pm

Ah did not have sexual relations with that woman.

Oops, wrong thread.

...wrong party, and wrong gender!

No wonder his party's base hates him for being a RINO.  I mean, talk about being Republican In Name Only. 

Campaign slogans about straight talk, rumors of marital infidelity with women, next thing you know, instead of checking into rehab for meth or coke like a respectable politician, he'll cut back on the coffee for a couple of weeks.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/08 at 2:00 pm

...wrong party, and wrong gender!

No wonder his party's base hates him for being a RINO.  I mean, talk about being Republican In Name Only. 

Campaign slogans about straight talk, rumors of marital infidelity with women, next thing you know, instead of checking into rehab for meth or coke like a respectable politician, he'll cut back on the coffee for a couple of weeks.

How about a "youthful indiscretion" at the age of 60? You know, more Henry Hyde type thing.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/25/08 at 9:21 pm

How about a "youthful indiscretion" at the age of 60? You know, more Henry Hyde type thing.

Cat

Remember those bumper stickers that said "It's never too late to have a happy childhood?"
???

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/26/08 at 7:06 am

Perhaps somebody will come forward with a dress that they have been keeping in a safe deposit box.  ;D ;D ;D

As our friend Lyricboy would say:  Vicki Iseman? I'd party with her!  (I'm talking more like the Tube Steak Boogie!)

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/ky.gif

Nah, I'd never mess with a fellow Repub's action.  ;)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/26/08 at 6:55 pm

Nah, I'd never mess with a fellow Repub's action.   ;)

Sure, sure...you'd just let her mess with yours!
:P

Written By: ChuckyG on 02/26/08 at 8:22 pm

Perhaps somebody will come forward with a dress that they have been keeping in a safe deposit box.  ;D ;D ;D

never going to happen to the Republicans... it'll be a briefs from a male intern.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 02/26/08 at 11:45 pm

never going to happen to the Republicans... it'll be a briefs from a male intern.

Ouch!!!

Some might say they're too old.  Vague memories of Mark Foley. ::)  Or is that only a Congressional thing?

Written By: midnite on 02/28/08 at 11:05 pm

Since McCain was born in Panama, I am more concerned with his connections with Noreiga than this affair.  Maybe he was not a POW for six years.  Maybe he was running drugs for Noreiga and company under the radar.  Hmmmm.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/01/08 at 12:21 pm

Since McCain was born in Panama, I am more concerned with his connections with Noreiga than this affair.  Maybe he was not a POW for six years.  Maybe he was running drugs for Noreiga and company under the radar.  Hmmmm.

Noreiga wasn't really doing too much during the Vietnam era except for completing his training courtesy of the CIA.  I'm also sure that his buddies that also suffered "the Hanoi Hilton" would say he was a POW.

http://www.mishalov.com/Vietnam_hanoi_hilton.html

Check for new replies or respond here...