» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Clinton/Obama Debate Redux #20

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/27/08 at 3:51 pm

There should be a video of the entire debate on MSNBC.com.  The live stream cut in and out for me quite a bit but I have some general impressions:

1.  It might be due to my bias towards Obama but I felt that he was more calm and collected despite some verbal stumbles (not Freudian slips or bad statements, just a lot of hesitation), while Clinton was like the crazy cat lady next door who throws cat poo at you if you get too close to her lawn.  She tried to put up a guise as a "fighter" and tried to take down Obama with a couple of statements, including that SNL joke, but otherwise didn't chip into his armor enough to make any difference in the polls in the long run.

2.  What the heck was up with that "Waaah!  Why am I getting all the questions first!?  Waaah!" thing?  That seemed petty and whiny.  I felt that hurt her more than helped her.  Definitely not something you want to do in a big debate.  Shouting down the moderators and keeping Obama from getting a word in edgewise, I can tolerate, but come on!  If you're the bigger candidate, it doesn't matter when your turn is to answer the questions :P

3.  That said, Obama pretty much agreed on a lot of things Clinton said, which made him into a "me-too" kind of guy, and while it may not have hurt his image, it did little to distance him from Clinton.  Like a lot of messageboard commenters said, it probably would have been nice for him to go first every now and then so he could form an opinion first and let Clinton respond.

4.  I am not very familiar with a lot of the issues because most of my brain is devoted towards curing cancer ( :P ) but it seemed like Obama scored more points re: the issues that he didn't vote for and Clinton did.  He was a bit tentative and defensive though.

5.  Who cares whether he "denounced" or "rejected" Farrakhan?  :P

In the end, I believe that Obama will get enough of the vote in both TX and OH to virtually tie Clinton in overall delegates in next Tuesday's primaries.  I don't think he will sweep those primaries, but I wouldn't be surprised :D

Subject: Re: Clinton/Obama Debate Redux #20

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/27/08 at 4:08 pm

I was only half attentive because these debates are getting redundant.  Hillary is losing her cool because she's losing a race she assumed she would win.  As they say, the loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.  In this case the louder is the weaker, to be grammatically correct. 

Subject: Re: Clinton/Obama Debate Redux #20

Written By: Tia on 02/27/08 at 10:28 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzCMdHTzGRw

that's quite funny. did the audience boo? she's getting a real talent for eliciting boos.

Check for new replies or respond here...