» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: ANY TAKERS..Hillary gives in in about 2 weeks??

Written By: saver on 03/01/08 at 3:23 am

OOOOOO, nasty girl....I hope if that phone rings and she answers it Bill is still next to her or there will be another matter she'd take care of first.

Subject: Re: ANY TAKERS..Hillary gives in in about 2 weeks??

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/01/08 at 7:45 am

Huh?

Written By: saver on 03/01/08 at 4:45 pm

Huh?

Maybe a little too pop culture for ya, big flap is being made about a commercial Hillary released where a 'red phone' rings -(indicating it's the White House hotline in the middle of the night),so Hills' point is to make you think 'who do you want anwsering the phone? Barack or her- she will know what to do once/if it rings...apparently Barack won't)..

The ad may have backfired....

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/02/08 at 1:37 am

Hilly's red-phone ad:Grand Canyon::Backfire:ditch

When the red phone rings at 3:00 in the morning, I don't want someone shrieking "Stop bothering me!  It's all about me!  Your war isn't my problem!  Launch the missiles!  Exterminate those who dare question Me!". 

Hillary was going for the demographic who'd prefer her to hand it over to her husband who'd say "Yo, dude, just chill for a few hours.  How 'bout we just chill out at Camp David for a weekend.  You supply the chemical amusements, I'll supply the interns!  It'll be great!"

Problem for Hill's campaign is that Bill isn't gonna be picking up that phone. If the Dems are going to choose a nominee on the basis of qualifications and experience, why not go with Obama?  Both nominees have the same qualifications -- they've (a) spent some time in the Senate, and (b) not shared a bed with Bill Clinton in the past 12 years. 

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/04/08 at 10:22 am

Maybe a little too pop culture for ya, big flap is being made about a commercial Hillary released where a 'red phone' rings -(indicating it's the White House hotline in the middle of the night),so Hills' point is to make you think 'who do you want anwsering the phone? Barack or her- she will know what to do once/if it rings...apparently Barack won't)..

the ad only aired in battleground states, so I know a lot of people probably haven't seen it.

If she loses big today she'll drop out, but if it's not by a large margin or she wins even one of the bigger states, she's going to keep going.  There's too much money backing her for her to back down too easily.

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 10:47 am

the red phone ad probably got much wider distribution on the net than on t.v. it's the biggest thing in the blogosphere since that marine in iraq lobbed that mewling puppy.

yeah, i think people are sick to f***ing death of having their fears manipulated by people who want more power. it comes off craven and uncaring. plus hillary's claim to have foreign policy experience because she was married to the president kinda confirms people's worst fears about the co-presidency phenomenon. there might be a subtext of sexism to that but you know...

ohio and texas are both proportional rather than winner-take-all, i think, so even if hil pulls a win it's doubtful she'll get enough of a margin to close obama's 100+ delegate lead. at least that's my hope. really, i just wish hillary would go away. the more she goes negative the more damaged obama will be in the general election.  >:(

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/04/08 at 12:32 pm

I give it four. She has a strong lead in Ohio. We'll see what happens in Pennsylvania.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/04/08 at 1:05 pm

I give it four. She has a strong lead in Ohio. We'll see what happens in Pennsylvania.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2964115720080303?feedType=RSS

HAD a big lead in OihO... just like she had one in Texas a few months ago as well.

tonight should be interesting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/08 at 2:14 pm

the ad only aired in battleground states, so I know a lot of people probably haven't seen it.

If she loses big today she'll drop out, but if it's not by a large margin or she wins even one of the bigger states, she's going to keep going.  There's too much money backing her for her to back down too easily.

They have been showing both the ads on CNN-back to back. The funny thing is, in Hillary's ad, the phone rings 6 times-in Barack's it rings 4 times. I would think if the phone rings at 3 a.m. in the White House, the phone would be answered sooner than 6 rings.  :D ;D ;D

We went to the polls today. In our little town, turn out was unbelievable. I don't recall ever seeing as many people there as we did today-not even in a general election. And the majority were voting in the Dem race. We also thought it was interesting that Dennis Kucinich AND John Edwards were still on the ballot.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 4:52 pm

hil prefers mccain to obama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/03/01/politics/fromtheroad/entry3896372.shtml

in case you were wondering whether she's a closet conservative or not.

From CBS News' Fernando Suarez:

FORT WORTH, TEXAS -- Hillary Clinton told reporters that both she and the presumtive Republican nominee John McCain offer the experience to be ready to tackle any crisis facing the country under their watch, but Barack Obama simply offers more rhetoric. “I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say,” she said. “He’s never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002.” Clinton was referring to Obama’s anti-war speech he delivered in Chicago before entering the United States Senate.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/04/08 at 4:59 pm

hil prefers mccain to obama.

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/03/01/politics/fromtheroad/entry3896372.shtml

in case you were wondering whether she's a closet conservative or not.

From CBS News' Fernando Suarez:

FORT WORTH, TEXAS -- Hillary Clinton told reporters that both she and the presumtive Republican nominee John McCain offer the experience to be ready to tackle any crisis facing the country under their watch, but Barack Obama simply offers more rhetoric. “I think you'll be able to imagine many things Senator McCain will be able to say,” she said. “He’s never been the president, but he will put forth his lifetime of experience. I will put forth my lifetime of experience. Senator Obama will put forth a speech he made in 2002.” Clinton was referring to Obama’s anti-war speech he delivered in Chicago before entering the United States Senate.

Oh Hillary...are you that desperate?

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 5:00 pm

if i was obama i'd work this hard. a vote for hillary is basically a vote for mccain. i'd work that angle hard.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/04/08 at 5:04 pm

if i was obama i'd work this hard. a vote for hillary is basically a vote for mccain. i'd work that angle hard.

Obama is a gentleman but he can't let this one slide,it's too good!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/04/08 at 5:09 pm

Yeah she IS that desperate-which explains the 3 a.m. call ad and several other things which she brought up in the past week.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/04/08 at 7:06 pm

She's being a See You Next Tuesday.
::)

Written By: Tia on 03/04/08 at 7:21 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080305/pl_nm/usa_politics_dc_102

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/knx/eder/250px-D_oh.jpg

Obama wins Vermont in first of showdowns By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent
13 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama scored an easy win in Vermont, the first of four states to wrap up its voting on Tuesday in presidential showdowns that could decide the fate of Hillary Clinton's White House bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

The win for Obama, an Illinois senator, gave him 12 straight victories in his hard-fought duel with Clinton to be the Democratic nominee in the November presidential election.

Check for new replies or respond here...