» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: New Theme Songs For The Presidential Candidates

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/01/08 at 2:53 pm

I'm not too sure if any of you watches the Situation Room on CNN. I just love the Cafferty File. Anyway, last night's question was to name a new theme song for the presidential candidates.  Here was the answers sent in:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2008/02/29/pick-a-campaign-theme-song/

Some of them are very funny.

Cat

Subject: Re: New Theme Songs For The Presidential Candidates

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/04/08 at 12:34 pm

I can think of two....

"A Change will do you good" by Cheryl Crow

"You haven't done nothing" by Stevie Wonder (That will be played in 2009.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/04/08 at 7:08 pm

For Ron Paul:

MC Hammer: 2Legit to Quit

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/08/08 at 1:59 am

Maybe it's just the beer typing (who am I kidding, it is the beer typing).  Let's make this a harder challenge.  Pick one artist and from its discography, cover at least three candidates.

Here's my take, with the three remaining front-runners, and four of the almost-coulda-beens.  (I tried to find a Judas Priest track for Edwards, but as bitter as he pretended to be, he just didn't quite make it to the level of "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll" or "Screaming for Vengeance", which are my fallback tracks for Clinton II and McCain, respectively :)

Obama: Judas Priest - Parental Guidance
Clinton II: Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Comin'
McCain: Judas Priest - The Sentinel
Huckabee: Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Giuliani: Judas Priest - Electric Eye
Romney: Judas Priest - Out in the Cold
Ron Paul: Judas Priest - Private Property

For non-80s-metalheads, I apologize for your having been born too late, and have included the relevant lyrics below:

Obama:  (youth appeal)  "Until your three-piece suit comes back in date, get one thing straight:  We don't need no (no! no! no!) parental guidance here!"

Clinton II:  (practically cut and pasted from her platform!)  "If you think I'm gonna sit around as the world goes by, you're thinkin' like a fool 'cause it's a case of do-or-die.  Out there is a fortune, waiting to be had.  You think I"ll let it go -- you're mad.  You've got another thing comin."

McCain:  (the song is, after all, about the last man standing after a war)  "Born to avenge, condemned to hell!  Tempt not the blade, all fear the Sentinel!"

Huckabee:  (too easy!  Nothing but a slow pounding bass drum and a crowd of thousands chanting...)  "We arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre... defenders of the faiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiith!!"

Giuliani:  (easiest of the bunch - every verse, the chorus, the whole song.  It was dystopian heavy metal fantasy in 1982, and he built it!)  "You think you've private lives, think nothing of the kind!  There is no true escape, I'm watching all the time!  I'm made of metal, my circuits gleam, I am perpetual, I keep the country clean!  I'm elected, electric spy!  I'm protected, electric eye!"

Romney:  (why won't anyone vote for me!  After Rudy, I was supposed to be the annointed one!)  "I feel as though I'm out in the cold!  Out in the cold, hear me callin'!  Cold... out in the cold, please rescue me!"

Paul:  (another easy one)  "...so keep your HANDS OFF!  Private property!  Hands off, whoa-oh... (Keep your dirty hands off me!)"

Check for new replies or respond here...