» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Dick Morris - It's Over Hillary

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/09/08 at 7:20 pm

http://thehill.com/dick-morris/its-over-2008-03-06.html

Considering the source of this one, um yeah, everyone knows at this point it's done.  This part at the end is a great parting shot

Suggestion for Obama:

The next time Hillary uses the recycled red phone ad, counter with one of your own. When the phone rings in the middle of the night, have a woman’s voice, with a flat Midwestern accent, answer it and say, “Hold on” into the receiver. Then she should shout, “Bill! It’s for you!”

Because with Hillary’s complete lack of any meaningful experience in foreign affairs, and her lack of the “testing” that she boldly claims, she’ll be yelling for Bill.

Morris, a former adviser to Sen. Trent Lott (R-Miss.) and President Bill Clinton, is the author of Outrage

Subject: Re: Dick Morris - It's Over Hillary

Written By: McDonald on 03/09/08 at 8:28 pm

Wow, what a worthless opinion from someone nobody's ever heard of.

Call me when Donahue has something to say...

The Obama crowd can keep chanting that it's over until they're blue in the face, but last time I checked there were still plenty of primary delegates up for grabs. Everyone knows it will be up to the superdelegates anyway.

Clinton-Obama '08.

Written By: McDonald on 03/09/08 at 9:47 pm

Tom Brokaw on America and the campaign. CBC Suday interview.

http://www.cbc.ca/sunday/2008/03/030908_2.html

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/08 at 12:11 am

Make that wish I hadn't heard of!

Dick Morris has made a cottage industry of hating Hillary for the past 10 years.  Morris is the kind of man who would steal the quarters out of your kid's piggy bank.  You don't walk away from Morris, you back away from Morris!  If he pitched over dead from a heart attack tomorrow the only thing I'd feel sorry for is the yesterday he was still in!
>:(

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/08 at 6:40 am

The Obama crowd can keep chanting that it's over until they're blue in the face, but last time I checked there were still plenty of primary delegates up for grabs. Everyone knows it will be up to the superdelegates anyway.

Clinton-Obama '08.

um you're kidding right?  Dick Morris is one of the main the men behind Bill in 1992 that helped put him in the White House.

As for delegates up for grabs, the math has been done and she's never going to win a majority of candidates before the convention.  The only way to win it now is back door deals.  If she attempts to overturn the majority vote with a superdelegate deal, she's going to cause a lot of dissent in the party and end up losing the general election.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 7:54 am

Clinton-Obama '08.
how about mccain-clinton '08? damn sight more likely. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/08 at 8:08 am

how about mccain-clinton '08? damn sight more likely. ;D

I'm still laughing at Hillary for even suggesting to Obama that he be the VP, when she's been behind for months.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 8:11 am

I'm still laughing at Hillary for even suggesting to Obama that he be the VP, when she's been behind for months.
yeah, i thought that was hilarious. i would say that it was a revealing moment but she's already had so many of those, she's pretty much revealed.

Written By: McDonald on 03/10/08 at 8:55 am

um you're kidding right?  Dick Morris is one of the main the men behind Bill in 1992 that helped put him in the White House.

As for delegates up for grabs, the math has been done and she's never going to win a majority of candidates before the convention.  The only way to win it now is back door deals.  If she attempts to overturn the majority vote with a superdelegate deal, she's going to cause a lot of dissent in the party and end up losing the general election.

That isn't even true. Have you looked at the delegate counts and done the math? I just did. Here's what I found.

Obama: 1527 delegates (199 of which are super)
Hillary: 1428 delegates (238 of which are super)

Delegates still up fpr grabs: 1066 (the year William conquered England, I know that has nothing to do with anything... :-\\)

So with Obama only ahead of Hill by 101 points, and with over a thousand still up for grabs, the race is far from over, no matter how funny people want to do the math.

As far as Dick Morris, I guess I'm showing my age a bit, because I have no idea who that guy is, and in 1992 I was in Grade 2 colouring picture diagrams of the water cycle. You can't know everyone.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/08 at 10:41 am

That isn't even true. Have you looked at the delegate counts and done the math? I just did. Here's what I found.

Obama: 1527 delegates (199 of which are super)
Hillary: 1428 delegates (238 of which are super)

Delegates still up fpr grabs: 1066 (the year William conquered England, I know that has nothing to do with anything... :-\\)

So with Obama only ahead of Hill by 101 points, and with over a thousand still up for grabs, the race is far from over, no matter how funny people want to do the math.

it's not a matter of funny math at all.  This isn't the final election, states are not "winner take all".  If Hillary wins Pennsylvania with 60% of the vote, she only picks up 2/3 or the delegates.  Even with her "wins" last week, she only grew 20 delegates closer to narrowing Obama's lead (she actually lost Texas, due to their wacky primary system).  Obama would have to die in a plane crash tomorrow in order for her to even come close to narrowing the lead significantly.

Of the 1000 delegates up for grabs, you have 800 super delegates.  They would have to overturn the popular decision and vote for Hillary, even though she clearly didn't win at the state level.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 10:52 am

Obama would have to die in a plane crash tomorrow in order for her to even come close to narrowing the lead significantly.
don't give hil any ideas... :o

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 2:18 pm

something else that occurred to me is that maybe hillary pulled this stunt to make her victory in the primaries seem preordained for those who arent paying terribly close attention and dont actually know she's behind. it sorta ties in with that smug sense of entitlement she's had about her during the whole primary season -- she seems to have felt that the nomination belongs to her by rights and seems quite taken aback someone has actually challenged her, let alone handed her her ass.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/08 at 2:38 pm

something else that occurred to me is that maybe hillary pulled this stunt to make her victory in the primaries seem preordained for those who arent paying terribly close attention and dont actually know she's behind. it sorta ties in with that smug sense of entitlement she's had about her during the whole primary season -- she seems to have felt that the nomination belongs to her by rights and seems quite taken aback someone has actually challenged her, let alone handed her her ass.

it does however weaken her argument about Obama's lack of experience.  If he's so inexperienced, why would she pick him to be 2nd in command? 

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 2:42 pm

it does however weaken her argument about Obama's lack of experience.  If he's so inexperienced, why would she pick him to be 2nd in command? 
yeah, i dont think she's saying it because she's serious, she's trying to create the false impression that she's winning. ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/08 at 4:09 pm

That totally cracked me up.  Yeah, right Hil, Obama is going to step down from the lead to be your VP. ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/10/08 at 4:29 pm

Obama: "Bitch, please."

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/10/08 at 5:16 pm

Obama: "Bitch, please."

She's going to have a hard time trying to find a running mate.  I've said it before, an Obama/Richardson ticket would beat the pants off of McCain and any running mate he could come up with.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/10/08 at 5:54 pm

She's going to have a hard time trying to find a running mate.  I've said it before, an Obama/Richardson ticket would beat the pants off of McCain and any running mate he could come up with.

I would go for either Obama/Richardson or Obama/Edwards. Either one would be a good one in my book.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/10/08 at 6:01 pm

I would go for either Obama/Richardson or Obama/Edwards. Either one would be a good one in my book.

Cat

I could see an Obama/Edwards ticket. :)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/08 at 6:39 pm

I would love an Obama/Edwards ticket.

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/08 at 7:15 pm

http://i29.tinypic.com/1zx6ttt.jpg

Polimon! Political Monsters!

animates a little too fast, the words are more important than the pictures.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/10/08 at 7:29 pm

http://i29.tinypic.com/1zx6ttt.jpg

Polimon! Political Monsters!

animates a little too fast, the words are more important than the pictures.

That was great. :)

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/10/08 at 7:34 pm

I would love an Obama/Edwards ticket.

Someone found a running mate for Obama with as much experience as Hillary

Bio

Amazed he's still alive after all these years..

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/10/08 at 7:40 pm

Bio

Socks is smarter than Hillary, therefore Socks would be more of an advantage.  Socks is also more cute and media friendly.http://www.comicguide.net/images/smilies/blackcat.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/08 at 8:06 pm

Hey, as a running mate Elliott Spitzer is looking for a job I hear.

It is called VICE president, eh?  ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 8:22 pm

cenk's gunnin' for hillary this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqU0mH_tO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2ubGAKA48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fe8Wqa4_MY

i dig the young turks. :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/08 at 9:08 pm

My new bumper sticker:

Craig-Sptizer '08
Heard any good jokes lately?

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/11/08 at 12:22 pm

Bio

I just thought it was awful that they throw Socks away for Buddy the dog. As I always say, "Cats rule & dogs drool."  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/08 at 7:44 pm

Hey, as a running mate Elliott Spitzer is looking for a job I hear.

It is called VICE president, eh?   ;D

You oughta mail that one to Jay Leno!
:-\\

Written By: Macphisto on 03/16/08 at 9:50 pm

I agree with what Dick has to say, but he's still best described by his first name alone.

Dick Morris is the kind of guy that even makes Rush Limbaugh nauseous.

Written By: Macphisto on 03/16/08 at 10:00 pm

cenk's gunnin' for hillary this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vqU0mH_tO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI2ubGAKA48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fe8Wqa4_MY

i dig the young turks. :P

They make some good points, but why is that every American talking head has to be so animated?  Glenn Beck sometimes gets so hyped up it makes me wonder if someone put speed in his capuccino.

I guess dour cynicism is more of a Brit thing.

Written By: Tia on 03/31/08 at 8:16 am

hahaha!

http://situationblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/hillary-fighter.html

http://mrsun.us/images/HillaryImAFighter_12FD5/Untitled.jpg

On the campaign trail in Pennsylvania, Hillary Clinton stressed again today that she is a fighter, and recalled her successful jump of Snake River Canyon in a rocket-ship powered by a billion gigawatt flux capacitor that only she is is ready to pilot on day one:

Written By: Tia on 03/31/08 at 8:18 am

http://mrsun.us/images/CampaignAdvice_12799/yoursign.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/08 at 8:32 pm

http://mrsun.us/images/CampaignAdvice_12799/yoursign.jpg

PUPPET SHOW
and spinal tap

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/08 at 8:41 pm

dick morris (sh)its all over hillary!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...