» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Say good bye..Spitzer...

Written By: esoxslayer on 03/10/08 at 2:06 pm

http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=670743&category=&BCCode=HOME&newsdate=3/10/2008

Story broke today..he may resign today as well.....a fitting end for one of NY's true idiots....

Subject: Re: Say good bye..Spitzer...

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 2:19 pm

at least they weren't underage. ::) maybe he should plead guilty and then change his mind. lol

Written By: danootaandme on 03/10/08 at 4:01 pm

WEll, he shouldn't have broken the law, he is the governor.  On the other hand, I believe prostitution should be legalized and regulated.  He should have done that before making the phone call.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 4:06 pm

plus he's a typical democratic big spender. republicans are smart, and know that you can go to public restrooms and procure the exact same services free of charge.

it's called fiscal responsibility, and i think we could all take a lesson.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/10/08 at 5:32 pm

Upscale call-girl service. He would never resort to Airport bathroom solicitation, that's for creepy guys who believe in "Family Values".  Spitzer doesn't believe in family values, he believes in  economically supporting woman with alternative careers.  Guys that believe in family values and airport bathroom solicitation usually have wives who are proud homemakers and who listen to Dobson.

Written By: saver on 03/10/08 at 7:36 pm

Saw the confession(?) today and from the looks of the wife, she may not be wanting no BLING either.

I wonder if she is now looking through the family 'business expense' records to see how many $1000 receipts/charges were paid over the years...SHE WAS MADE THE FOOL..sorry for her! OUST THAT TWO FACE OF A GOVERNOR!--Y'all a laughing stock!

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/08 at 7:38 pm

A Governor who has to call a bordello to get nooky?  Talk about a spendthrift.  He shoulda called up a lobbyist who gladly would have provided the service free of charge.

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 8:14 pm

A Governor who has to call a bordello to get nooky?  Talk about a spendthrift.  He shoulda called up a lobbyist who gladly would have provided the service free of charge.
that's integrity! he was unwilling to trade floor votes for booty and paid for it the old fashioned way. 8)

okay, admittedly i'm kinda reaching here. still, i was reading the thing and they were saying the top of the line call girls were running 5 grand an hour. now c'mon, that HAS to make you kinda wonder... how good does it have to be to be worth 5 grand an hour?  :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/08 at 8:30 pm

that's integrity! he was unwilling to trade floor votes for booty and paid for it the old fashioned way. 8)

okay, admittedly i'm kinda reaching here. still, i was reading the thing and they were saying the top of the line call girls were running 5 grand an hour. now c'mon, that HAS to make you kinda wonder... how good does it have to be to be worth 5 grand an hour?  :o :o :o :o :o

As an old mobster buddy of mine used to say...

"You wanna know the difference between a $20 'ho ad a $100 'ho?"

"Eighty bucks."

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/10/08 at 8:36 pm

this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7K6LrAJvEw

i started off going yeah, getting with cenk's vaguely chauvinistic point of view, but then his co-host dressed him down and she kinda had a point too. i dunno, i think it's a great exchange...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/08 at 9:04 pm

Sorry, El, you knew better.  Yes you did.  You knew if you rolled the dice like that you could end a brilliant career at the age of 48.  Well, you rolled 'em, and you lost.  I'm not here to morally censure.  I'm not here to say it should or shouldn't be such a big deal.  It just is what it is.  It's a classic case of letting the little head think for the big head.  Maybe you've got some kind of compuslion control problem.  There are therapists who can help you with that; unfortunately, it's after the fact, and no therapist can save your sorry ass now.

Too bad, Mr. Spitzer.  I kinda liked you.
:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/10/08 at 9:23 pm

this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7K6LrAJvEw

i started off going yeah, getting with cenk's vaguely chauvinistic point of view, but then his co-host dressed him down and she kinda had a point too. i dunno, i think it's a great exchange...

Nice show of discretion getting rid of that last post there, Tia!  (Discretion, unlike Mr. Spitzer!  Spitzer?  I don't even know 'er!)
:D

(I swear on a stack of Bickford's pancakes if I'd known Keith had already cracked that dumb joke, I would have have left it alone!)
>:(

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/08 at 6:56 pm

It's a classic case of letting the little head think for the big head.  Maybe you've got some kind of compuslion control problem. 
Too bad, Mr. Spitzer.  I kinda liked you.

As Bill Margold once advised the late John C. Holmes...

"Don't let that frankfurter rule your life..."

:-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/08 at 7:08 pm

Sound advice for anybody whose got one!
;)

Now I'm hearing certain Spitzer sympathizers say it's a right-wing conspiracy to get Big El for going after Wall Street.  So what right-wing conspirator put a gun to his head and make him place a call for 4k/hour poonytang? 
::)

Written By: Tia on 03/11/08 at 7:16 pm

guy i used to work with said, "make sure it's always pointed at the ground even if you have to stand on your head to do it."

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/08 at 7:22 pm

One has to wonder why someone would go as far as to get a Federal judge to order wire tapping and a search warrant for soliciting a prostitute.  Forgive me for being a bit callus but . . I personally don't think he's any different than any other person who goes for prostitutes.  He may be a hypocrite perhaps for engaging in what he was trying to wipe out.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/08 at 7:35 pm

One has to wonder why someone would go as far as to get a Federal judge to order wire tapping and a search warrant for soliciting a prostitute.  Forgive me for being a bit callus but . . I personally don't think he's any different than any other person who goes for prostitutes.  He may be a hypocrite perhaps for engaging in what he was trying to wipe out.

Your last sentence has a lot to do with it.

I'm not addressing the moral issue; I'm just saying what Spitzer did was astonishingly stupid. 

Written By: Tia on 03/11/08 at 7:45 pm

Nice show of discretion getting rid of that last post there, Tia!  (Discretion, unlike Mr. Spitzer!  Spitzer?  I don't even know 'er!)

which post did i get rid of? i dont even remember. was it about how i'm rummaging through my piggy bank to see if i can scrounge up 15,000 dollars? :-[

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/08 at 7:52 pm

which post did i get rid of? i dont even remember. was it about how i'm rummaging through my piggy bank to see if i can scrounge up 15,000 dollars? :-[

You can deny it now, but it won't help you in court! 

Oh, order me one while your at it and I'll write you an IOU!
:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/11/08 at 8:19 pm

Your last sentence has a lot to do with it.

I'm not addressing the moral issue; I'm just saying what Spitzer did was astonishingly stupid. 

Well yeah, you would have thought he knew every trick in the book on how to keep it from being disclosed.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/11/08 at 8:42 pm

Well yeah, you would have thought he knew every trick in the book on how to keep in from being disclosed.

Heh heh! Good on you!
;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/11/08 at 10:46 pm

Well, at least since Spitzer was a Democrat, the prostitute was female and pretty cute, judging from the screengrabs on Wonkette.

(Follow-up jokes concerning Hillary's administration have been as an exercise for the student.)

Written By: esoxslayer on 03/12/08 at 5:43 am

The prostitution ring was a result of wiretapping, but the banks notified the IRS of suspicious wire transfers in E.S.'s account.  Thats what got the whole thing involved with Spitz.  If he hadn't tried to skirt regs concerning wire transfers, then he'd have been fine....

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/12/08 at 9:20 am

The prostitution ring was a result of wiretapping, but the banks notified the IRS of suspicious wire transfers in E.S.'s account.  Thats what got the whole thing involved with Spitz.  If he hadn't tried to skirt regs concerning wire transfers, then he'd have been fine....

A search warrant and wire tapping order must be specific.  Who requested that a federal judge order a wire tapping and search?  Haven't heard it was the IRS. If it was the IRS why haven't they gone after the owner/coordinator of the ring?  I highly doubt it's unintentional that Spitzer is the only one going down for this.  I can't wait till "Kristin" comes out and starts naming her Republican clients.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/08 at 10:26 am

A search warrant and wire tapping order must be specific.  Who requested that a federal judge order a wire tapping and search?  Haven't heard it was the IRS. If it was the IRS why haven't they gone after the owner/coordinator of the ring?  I highly doubt it's unintentional that Spitzer is the only one going down for this.  I can't wait till "Kristin" comes out and starts naming her Republican clients.

I was thinking the same thing.  I still call it astonishingly stupid.  Apparently, he did get away with it for a while, spending $80 grand, which amounts to about 25 sessions at those rates!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/12/08 at 10:32 am

I was thinking the same thing.  I still call it astonishingly stupid.  Apparently, he did get away with it for a while, spending $80 grand, which amounts to about 25 sessions at those rates!

Yes, it was stupid.  The IRS is supposed to be a nonpartisan government institution. (So I thought)  I can't see how this was not politically motivated. Not only that it reeks of abuse of power.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/12/08 at 12:54 pm

I heard reports on the radio. As I had never heard of him before, I can understand the basics of who he is and what he has done. The radio was interviewing his biographer and it sounds like more chapters will have to be written before the reprint.

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/12/08 at 3:29 pm

Y'know I was wondering about the circumstances myself.

From what was reported by NPR, the banks have software that routinely checks for fraud risk on each and every finacial transaction.
That is EVERY transaction you and I make is scrutinized for fraud by our helpful banks and subject to forwarding to the authorities if they feel it is out of the ordinary.
Large, odd or frequent transactions by (VIP's are especially closely watched) are flagged and the banks notify the IRS of suspicious activity (even though the activity may indeed bE lawful and valid).

Now Spritzer wasn't very bright by paying for his nookie via wire transfers, but its kinda of a shock to realize our banks are spying on all of our transactions (large and small), whether it be a debt transaction at 7-11, gas or bill payment.

Now I know any transactions over $10K have to be reported to them, but this is a bit extreme. I'm wondering, where is it noted that the banks have the right to spy on, or report to the IRS of ALL of our transactions?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/12/08 at 4:59 pm

From what was reported by NPR, the banks have software that routinely checks for fraud risk on each and every finacial transaction.
That is EVERY transaction you and I make is scrutinized for fraud by our helpful banks and subject to forwarding to the authorities if they feel it is out of the ordinary.
Large, odd or frequent transactions by (VIP's are especially closely watched) are flagged and the banks notify the IRS of suspicious activity (even though the activity may indeed bE lawful and valid).

Now Spritzer wasn't very bright by paying for his nookie via wire transfers, but its kinda of a shock to realize our banks are spying on all of our transactions (large and small), whether it be a debt transaction at 7-11, gas or bill payment.

Now I know any transactions over $10K have to be reported to them, but this is a bit extreme. I'm wondering, where is it noted that the banks have the right to spy on, or report to the IRS of ALL of our transactions?

If that is the case why haven't they charged him with anything yet?  With all the effort to get information, why has it turned out to be a purely political circus?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/08 at 6:42 pm

It's not extreme, it's just 1984.  What I type now is being recorded just in case some bureaucrat wants to have a looksee.

Anyway, it seems Spitzer frequented prostitutes for at least 10 years and he preferred his encounters without protection (aka "bareback").  What a maggot. Now his wife has to get tested for everything under the sun.  If she has even one STD, she should sue him for everything he's worth. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/12/08 at 7:40 pm

It's not extreme, it's just 1984.  What I type now is being recorded just in case some bureaucrat wants to have a looksee.

Anyway, it seems Spitzer frequented prostitutes for at least 10 years and he preferred his encounters without protection (aka "bareback").  What a maggot. Now his wife has to get tested for everything under the sun.  If she has even one STD, she should sue him for everything he's worth. 

Damn, I bet Spitz' wife is gobbling down the penicillin, big time.  :-[

Written By: Tia on 03/12/08 at 8:05 pm

Damn, I bet Spitz' wife is gobbling down the penicillin, big time.  :-[
guess the only chance for her is if their relationship was really as loveless as it seems to be.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/08 at 8:15 pm

Damn, I bet Spitz' wife is gobbling down the penicillin, big time.   :-[

Because god knows what else she's unwittingly been gobbling down over the past decade!
8-P

(Spitz or swallows?)

Chances are she's got HPV, which is frequently asymptomatic.  The others would have manifested themselves already, though HIV can be dormant for as long ast 10 years. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/12/08 at 8:35 pm

Because god knows what else she's unwittingly been gobbling down over the past decade!
8-P

(Spitz or swallows?)

Chances are she's got HPV, which is frequently asymptomatic.  The others would have manifested themselves already, though HIV can be dormant for as long ast 10 years. 

She might need a Valtrex drip too.

Lord knows Eliot is gonna need that.  ;D ;D

Written By: saver on 03/12/08 at 8:51 pm

Who else says maybe SHE'S to take some blame for not being satisfying???

(Maybe Tom Leykisssssssssssss?????????????????) 8)  :o

And who says we should stay out of politicians private lives and look at how their service is to the public? 

ANOTHER BONEHEAD WHO WENT ON TV TO SAY THIS WHILE BEING INTERVIEWED..let's go after THAT guy next to see what kind of hypocrisy HE is living!   

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/12/08 at 10:41 pm

There are at two types of reports that can be filed with FINCEN: The first is the CTR - Cash Transaction Report - which used to be $10K, but which got dropped to $5K with the passage of PATRIOT Act. The second is the SAR - Suspicious Activity Report - which is any amount, as long as the person at the bank feels kinda weird about it.

Spitzer didn't go down because he got some $5000/hour strange.  He went down because he appears to have structured his withdrawals and transfers to avoid these limits.  Structuring, even if the purposes for which the money is ultimately used is legal, is a crime in and of itself.

That's the supreme irony of this.  Not the angle of the moral crusader hiring $1000+/hour hookers...

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/606/ferrisbuellerspitzerfq5.jpg

(...so choice.  If you have the means, he highly recommends picking one up.)

...but the guy who based his career on cleaning up corruption on Wall Street... getting tripped up on laws originally designed to stop money laundering.

guess the only chance for her is if their relationship was really as loveless as it seems to be.

Hey, if so, what a waste.  Elliot, you had a hot piece there, and you blew it!

But as for his wife showing up on stage and for the repercussions?  Well, that comes with the territory.  You want to be the hostess of all the right parties, with all the right people, and be the star at the center of the aristocracy of pull?  Then you gotta stand by your man when he gets caught with his pants down.  Hillary gambled - and for trying to discredit Bill's lovers during his Presidency - saved her husband and could still end up with the Presidency for herself.  Play the game, takes your chances.

Looks like Mrs. Spitzer gambled and lost - but if you're gonna play the game, you gotta play it all the way out.  Dutifully, wordlessly, and mindlessly standing by your politician spouse is just The New American Gothic.

http://cantankerouscurmudgeon.net/personal/FARK/spitzer-american-gothic.jpg

I can't take credit for the photoshop, but Lord knows it's beautiful in its simplicity.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 2:20 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/ap_on_re_us/spitzer_call_girl;_ylt=Ak_V6wvuXPHOjv8ees2AjURvzwcF

Yes, Kristian has revealed her identity.  She doesn't want to be perceived as a monster.  I have a friend who used to be a high paid call-girl. (No, she doesn't do it anymore.) I asked her opinion about all of this this morning.  She brought up a few things.

1.)  The more expensive the trick the less likely protection is used, hence the the john pays more.  She said "her guys" used to bitch about having to use protection.  Her health was more important than any trick.

2.) Kristian will probably divulge her who client list or bribe former clients.  Most girls not only have a client list but also a personal stash of evidence for the purpose of blackmail.  She's only begun to act on this.

3) Guaranteed she's going to do Playboy and milk her situation for all the notoriety it's worth.  My friend also suggested with a body like hers, she'd be stupid not to.

My friend also suggest that people don't feel too sorry for her, it's a business.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 2:42 pm

Barebacking is a term used in gay sexuality.  He apparently thinks unprotected sex is worth putting his and his wife's health in jeopardy. Or else he's one of those guy's who thinks it ain't sex if you're using a barrier.  I'm pretty sure if his wife has an STD he'll be sued and possible emasculated.

Written By: saver on 03/13/08 at 4:29 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080313/ap_on_re_us/spitzer_call_girl;_ylt=Ak_V6wvuXPHOjv8ees2AjURvzwcF

Yes, Kristian has revealed her identity.  She doesn't want to be perceived as a monster.  I have a friend who used to be a high paid call-girl. (No, she doesn't do it anymore.) I asked her opinion about all of this this morning.  She brought up a few things.

1.)  The more expensive the trick the less likely protection is used, hence the the john pays more.  She said "her guys" used to bitch about having to use protection.  Her health was more important than any trick.

2.) Kristian will probably divulge her who client list or bribe former clients.  Most girls not only have a client list but also a personal stash of evidence for the purpose of blackmail.  She's only begun to act on this.

3) Guaranteed she's going to do Playboy and milk her situation for all the notoriety it's worth.  My friend also suggested with a body like hers, she'd be stupid not to.

My friend also suggest that people don't feel too sorry for her, it's a business.

It seems the whore(technical name), can only turn to Playboy as what other GUYYYYY would want her? She's over...ala Jessica Hahn-who appears to be going through hard times(doing Vegas commercials)-and Fawn Hall...

If that what she does for a living and couldn't find anything else with he body-like use her mind-sets women(who also chose to do this) back to the beginning of that 'worlds' oldest profession.

Written By: Tia on 03/13/08 at 4:32 pm

and the most judgmental post of the week award goes to... envelope please...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 5:25 pm

It seems the whore(technical name), can only turn to Playboy as what other GUYYYYY would want her? She's over...ala Jessica Hahn-who appears to be going through hard times(doing Vegas commercials)-and Fawn Hall...

If that what she does for a living and couldn't find anything else with he body-like use her mind-sets women(who also chose to do this) back to the beginning of that 'worlds' oldest profession.

No guy FORCES someone to pose for Playboy.  If she wants to keep the car, the apartment/house and for some be able to stay in college Playboy is an excellent option.  It's the ones (like my friend) who really wanted to get away from the scene, give all that up for a job as a hoist operator at a printing facility. 

Seeing that Kristin will always be remembered for this can she really find a normal job now?  What are her options?

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/13/08 at 5:26 pm

High class prostitutes and politicians...how shocking ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 5:28 pm

High class prostitutes and politicians...how shocking ::)

Hasn't this kind of stuff being going on since Ancient Rome, and Greece?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/08 at 5:44 pm

Hasn't this kind of stuff being going on since Ancient Rome, and Greece?

They don't call it the "oldest profession" for nothing and it's always been mixed up in politics because it's pretty much the same job!
8-P

The difference is the Greeks and Romans didn't make a big deal of it.  In fact, they expected a man to do what a man will do and so did their wives.  I'm not saying it was right, it just was. 

"I don't want to be perceived as a monster" is a pitiful statement.  The sad thing is a 'ho is a 'ho whether she (or he) charges $100 or $5000.  Men might drool over her in Playboy, but they'll never respect her.  Sex workers have fought hard to win respect for their profession, but it hasn't worked.  If it wasn't "Kristian," it would have been some other young woman who chose to be a sex object for the financial elite.  Beneath the flesh there's no monster, just a girl with low self-esteem.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 6:00 pm

They don't call it the "oldest profession" for nothing and it's always been mixed up in politics because it's pretty much the same job!
8-P

The difference is the Greeks and Romans didn't make a big deal of it.  In fact, they expected a man to do what a man will do and so did their wives.  I'm not saying it was right, it just was. 

"I don't want to be perceived as a monster" is a pitiful statement.  The sad thing is a 'ho is a 'ho whether she (or he) charges $100 or $5000.  Men might drool over her in Playboy, but they'll never respect her.  Sex workers have fought hard to win respect for their profession, but it hasn't worked.  If it wasn't "Kristian," it would have been some other young woman who chose to be a sex object for the financial elite.  Beneath the flesh there's no monster, just a girl with low self-esteem.

Sir are you referring to the art of politics as a kind of "whoring"?  If you were truer words were never spoken.  She will never have normality after this, she will always be known as a "ho".  She has no chance for respect.  Girls get into this not only because of low self esteem but quick cash.  How many other jobs do you know where you can make up to $2000 an hour?  I'm not saying prostitution is a good option for anyone.  I'm merely trying to give a wider view of why it's done, instead of it being a one sided argument. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/13/08 at 6:19 pm

Sir are you referring to the art of politics as a kind of "whoring"?  If you were truer words were never spoken.  She will never have normality after this, she will always be known as a "ho".  She has no chance for respect.  Girls get into this not only because of low self esteem but quick cash.  How many other jobs do you know where you can make up to $2000 an hour?  I'm not saying prostitution is a good option for anyone.  I'm merely trying to give a wider view of why it's done, instead of it being a one sided argument. 

I whoreheartedly, erm, wholeheartedly agree!

(BTW,  I'm not talking about the true face of prostitution in most of the world, which is brutal slavery for women and children.)

The same man of copious means who will spend 2K for an hour with a "Pretty Woman" would blow a frikkin' head gasket if he found out his own daughter was in the same biz. 

Almost all parents would rather see their daughter working as a minimum wage check-out clerk than a 2k/hour prostitute. 

Written By: saver on 03/13/08 at 7:36 pm

Oldest profession just needs to be put out of business...but as long as ther's always a 'V', I guess people will make money with it...  ???

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/13/08 at 9:08 pm

I whoreheartedly, erm, wholeheartedly agree!

(BTW,  I'm not talking about the true face of prostitution in most of the world, which is brutal slavery for women and children.)

The same man of copious means who will spend 2K for an hour with a "Pretty Woman" would blow a frikkin' head gasket if he found out his own daughter was in the same biz. 

Almost all parents would rather see their daughter working as a minimum wage check-out clerk than a 2k/hour prostitute. 

I'm trying to imagine Spizer's reaction if one of his daughters became a prostitute.  Don't you just hate the double standards of the wealthy.

Most parent's don't think prostitution is the best thing for their daughter because they'd be concerned about her physical and mental health.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/14/08 at 6:33 pm

I'm trying to imagine Spizer's reaction if one of his daughters became a prostitute. 

He'd have to live with the knowledge she's having sex every night with men just like dear old Dad!
8-P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/14/08 at 7:38 pm

He'd have to live with the knowledge she's having sex every night with men just like dear old Dad!
8-P

I was thinking a bit more of the potential for being a hypocrite.  Do as I say, not as I do.  However your statement does raise a very good point.  "Kristian" is around the same age as his oldest daughter.

I second the" 8-P".

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/15/08 at 12:41 am

I second the" 8-P".

Sorry, much as I enjoy laughing at Spitzer, he gets no yuck points for that.  Your great-great-grandpa's 3-D stereograms of Victorian Chicks Showing More Than Ankle would qualify.  Your Dad's copies of Playboy would qualify.  And yep, sooner or later, you too will be saying "That's what's so awesome about pr0n!  We get older, the girls stay the same age!"

The only yuck I'll hand out is one to myself:  Y'know, Eliot's hooker was cute, but everyone her age is cute.  But not everyone Silda's age is that cute.  She'll probably be single soon, with nothing but half of Spitzer's fortune to console her.  And with that, I'll be in my bunk.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/08 at 1:17 pm

Sorry, much as I enjoy laughing at Spitzer, he gets no yuck points for that.  Your great-great-grandpa's 3-D stereograms of Victorian Chicks Showing More Than Ankle would qualify.  Your Dad's copies of Playboy would qualify.  And yep, sooner or later, you too will be saying "That's what's so awesome about pr0n!  We get older, the girls stay the same age!"

The only yuck I'll hand out is one to myself:  Y'know, Eliot's hooker was cute, but everyone her age is cute.  But not everyone Silda's age is that cute.  She'll probably be single soon, with nothing but half of Spitzer's fortune to console her.  And with that, I'll be in my bunk.

I wouldn't worry about Silda's romantic opportunities, especially after the divorce settlement.  If she finds the right lawyer, the El can kiss his fortune goodbye!
:-*

Yeah, I know what you mean about the young gal thang--any heterosexual male over 30 is a liar if he says he doesn't!!!

Maybe I just don't know "Kristen," but to me she doesn't seem like a $4300 escort; she seems like a dime-a-dozen Myspace girl who says "dude" a lot and doesn't know which fork to eat her soup with!  I mean, for that kind of money, I'd want a sophisticated courtesan who knows haute cuisine, fine arts, and can converse about the tax system in medieval London...not some chirping New Jersey parakeet with a couple of karaoke numbers on iTunes for chrissakes!

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/08 at 7:40 am

Maybe I just don't know "Kristen," but to me she doesn't seem like a $4300 escort; she seems like a dime-a-dozen Myspace girl who says "dude" a lot and doesn't know which fork to eat her soup with!  I mean, for that kind of money, I'd want a sophisticated courtesan who knows haute cuisine, fine arts, and can converse about the tax system in medieval London...not some chirping New Jersey parakeet with a couple of karaoke numbers on iTunes for chrissakes!

I don't think that Spitz hired her to recite Shakepeare.  ;D  The $4300 simply serves as a way for El to impress himself by thinking that he was patronizing a "high class" courtesan instead of a broken down, STD-laden, street trollop.  :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/08 at 7:07 pm

I don't think that Spitz hired her to recite Shakepeare. 

When that I was and a little tiny boy,
With hey, ho, the wind and the rain,
A foolish thing was but a toy,
For the rain it raineth every day.

But when I came to man’s estate
‘Gainst knaves and thieves men shut their gate,

But when I came, alas! to wive,
By swaggering could I never thrive,

But when I came unto my beds,
With toss-pots still 'had drunken heads,

A great while ago the world began,
But that's all one, our play is done,
And we'll strive to please you every day.

- WS
(Feste, the jester, Twelfth Night V:i)

^
Even without the bad pun, it still seems a wee bit fitting.

Well, there are some men who find brainy women terribly intimidating.  Mebby Spitzer prefers 'em dizzy!

http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/images/claeys/claeys_horehound.jpg

Written By: Macphisto on 03/16/08 at 9:07 pm

Well, hopefully this means Senator Craig is resigning soon too.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 2:11 pm

When that I was and a little tiny boy,
A foolish thing was but a toy,

But when I came to man’s estate
‘Gainst knaves and thieves men shut their gate,

But when I came, alas! to wive,
By swaggering could I never thrive,

But when I came unto my beds,
With toss-pots still 'had drunken heads,

A great while ago the world began,
But that's all one, our play is done,
And we'll strive to please you every day.

- WS
(Feste, the jester, Twelfth Night V:i)

^
Even without the bad pun, it still seems a wee bit fitting.

Well, there are some men who find brainy women terribly intimidating.  Mebby Spitzer prefers 'em dizzy!

http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore/images/claeys/claeys_horehound.jpg

How many woman actually read Shakepeare?  It's sexist as all heck.  All though Macbeth is pretty cool. 

I thought his wife was a bit dizzy and gold digging.  Of course there are a variety of degrees of dizziness.

Written By: Jessica on 03/17/08 at 2:41 pm

How many woman actually read Shakepeare?  It's sexist as all heck.  All though Macbeth is pretty cool.

*raises hand sheepishly*

I have a hardcover copy of "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare." :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/17/08 at 2:42 pm

*raises hand sheepishly*

I had a paperback copy I got at a discount book store for $4 but I can't find it :( :(

Written By: Jessica on 03/17/08 at 2:44 pm

I had a paperback copy I got at a discount book store for $4 but I can't find it :( :(

I think I gave it to Goodwill... :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/17/08 at 2:45 pm

I think I gave it to Goodwill... :P

Nuts.  Oh well, some other kid can develop a love for Shakespeare then :)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 2:47 pm

*raises hand sheepishly*

I have the complete works of Plato.  Wait, women like us aren't suppose to be smart.  Silly us.

I refuse to act or talk stupid, I like making other people do that. ;)

Written By: Tia on 03/17/08 at 2:48 pm

i have "the merry wives of windsor" in my bookbag, by other strange coincidence. but i'm reading "death rat" instead.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/17/08 at 2:50 pm

^ Never read that one.

I've read:

MacBeth
Romeo and Juliet
Henry IV, V, VI (all of them, ugh)
Richard III
Julius Caesar
Midsummer Night's Dream
Taming of the Shrew
Titus Andronicus
Othello
Hamlet

...and I think that's it.

Written By: Tia on 03/17/08 at 2:52 pm

i read a bunch in college. hamlet, r&j, richard iii, midsummer, tempest, macbeth, king lear, othello, the works. i really liked macbeth, so tweaky and weird. oh and coriolanus has a really cool beheading.

Written By: Jessica on 03/17/08 at 2:55 pm

I have the complete works of Plato.  Wait, women like us aren't suppose to be smart.  Silly us.

;D

I forgot to add, I think everyone really liked "MacBeth". It was disgustingly twisted.

Written By: Tia on 03/17/08 at 3:00 pm

;D

I forgot to add, I think everyone really liked "MacBeth". It was disgustingly twisted.
yeah, i found myself frequently thinking, holy s**t, will... that is NOT OKAY. :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 3:11 pm

;D

Yeah, Bill Shakepeare knew how to get to a persons perception of abnormality.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/08 at 5:37 pm

Is it particularly sexist compared to other literature of the 16th/17th centuries?  Those were sexist times to be sure!

I'm not a Shakespeare scholar by any means (I happened upon Feste's song on a google search), but I'll take WS over Eve Ensler any day.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 6:00 pm

Is it particularly sexist compared to other literature of the 16th/17th centuries?  Those were sexist times to be sure!

I'm not a Shakespeare scholar by any means (I happened upon Feste's song on a google search), but I'll take WS over Eve Ensler any day.

You're telling me to put it in the context of the time period aren't you?  Actually if you look at some literature back then Shakespeare was pretty progressive.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/08 at 6:49 pm

I have the complete works of Dana Plato...  :P

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/17/08 at 6:58 pm

Wait a second...so to be a high class prostitute all you need is to recite Shakespeare?

::) i bet they do that a lot without even reading him "Out,damn'd spot! Out,I say"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/08 at 7:31 pm

I have the complete works of Dana Plato...   :P

You wood!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 8:05 pm

I have the complete works of Dana Plato...  :P

We should expect nothing less from you. ;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 8:10 pm

Wait a second...so to be a high class prostitute all you need is to recite Shakespeare?

::) i bet they do that a lot without even reading him "Out,damn'd spot! Out,I say"

Yes, and $2000 an hour to boot!!!

Are you thinking what I'm thinking???http://img87.echo.cx/img87/4544/w00t5hs.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/18/08 at 11:12 pm

plus he's a typical democratic big spender. republicans are smart, and know that you can go to public restrooms and procure the exact same services free of charge.

it's called fiscal responsibility, and i think we could all take a lesson.

*cough* Bill Clinton!

On a lighter note, New York now has a Blind Black Govenor.

Written By: saver on 03/19/08 at 1:14 am

*cough* Bill Clinton!

On a lighter note, New York now has a Blind Black Govenor.

New Politician Rule:
    PLEASE CHECK YOUR MEMBER AT THE DOOR :-* :P

Written By: Tia on 03/19/08 at 10:09 am

*cough* Bill Clinton!
did he pitch in for that pizza monica gave him? did he tip her?

wait, forget i asked. :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/20/08 at 7:49 am

The new Governor has admitted to having affairs.  Guess no one really has a problem with that because no currency was exchanged. :-\\

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/08 at 6:46 pm

The new Governor has admitted to having affairs.  Guess no one really has a problem with that because no currency was exchanged. :-\\

Unless he's got a running tab with a whorehouse he's in pretty good shape at this point!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/21/08 at 8:01 am

Unless he's got a running tab with a whorehouse he's in pretty good shape at this point!

For some bizarre reason I find that a bit comforting.

I think he said for a while he and his wife had an "open relationship".  Nontraditional as all heck, but at least they were in agreement.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/23/08 at 7:52 pm

For some bizarre reason I find that a bit comforting.

I think he said for a while he and his wife had an "open relationship".  Nontraditional as all heck, but at least they were in agreement.

"Open" relationships don't work out.  One partner gets to be more "open" than the other or "open" with the wrong sort and jealousy generally gets the best of it!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/24/08 at 12:10 pm

"Open" relationships don't work out.  One partner gets to be more "open" than the other or "open" with the wrong sort and jealousy generally gets the best of it!

Yes, that's true.  Open relationships rarely ever work.  Neither do relationship where one partner is soliciting prostitutes.  Alternative relationships are a tricky thing.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/08 at 1:00 pm

Yes, that's true.  Open relationships rarely ever work.  Neither do relationship where one partner is soliciting prostitutes.  Alternative relationships are a tricky thing.

Heh-heh, she said "tricky."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/tongue3.gif
The one soliciting has to make sure he (and it's usually a he) doesn't get caught, but the, erm, "trickier" part is making sure the wife doesn't catch something he caught while not getting caught!

I wonder how different it would be if Spitzer got caught soliciting sex from male prostitutes.  Lots of married men do that too!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/24/08 at 1:47 pm

Heh-heh, she said "tricky."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/tongue3.gif
The one soliciting has to make sure he (and it's usually a he) doesn't get caught, but the, erm, "trickier" part is making sure the wife doesn't catch something he caught while not getting caught!

I wonder how different it would be if Spitzer got caught soliciting sex from male prostitutes.  Lots of married men do that too!

I'm not about ready to apologize for my word usage.  Tricky, tricky, tricky. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/06/laughing.gif

The trick is timing, if you have no sense of it you'll end up paying in alimony.

I think Spitzer would have denied it more adamantly.  Not only would he have had to resign but he'd probably end up divorce and move to California.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/08 at 6:46 pm

Spitzer's sin is that he was caught BUYING nooky.

Generally speaking, a politician can swing from the chandeliers with every young woman in town.  That makes him a stud, a ladies' man, a "playah".

But if a man pays for the stuff, he's seen as a sleaze ball  8-P .  That's the general policy.

I think that if he were found to have been LEGALLY buying some action, say, but renting out some porn starlet at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada, the result woulda been the same and he woulda still been run out of office.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/24/08 at 6:49 pm

Spitzer's sin is that he was caught BUYING nooky.

Generally speaking, a politician can swing from the chandeliers with every young woman in town.  That makes him a stud, a ladies' man, a "playah".

But if a man pays for the stuff, he's seen as a sleaze ball  8-P .  That's the general policy.

I think that if he were found to have been LEGALLY buying some action, say, but renting out some porn starlet at the Bunny Ranch in Nevada, the result woulda been the same and he woulda still been run out of office.

Perhaps maybe not a sin exactly, he was the Governor of New York you'd think he'd wouldn't have to resort to paying for it.

Too bad he wasn't in Nevada, no one would have even raised an eyebrow.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/08 at 8:00 pm

Perhaps maybe not a sin exactly, he was the Governor of New York you'd think he'd wouldn't have to resort to paying for it.

Too bad he wasn't in Nevada, no one would have even raised an eyebrow.

Well, not an eyebrow anyway.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Perhaps part of it is power trip...he's spending $4300 on a fling because he can.

Also, my guess is the high-priced escort agencies make a big deal of guaranteed discretion, you know, for high profile clients. 

Rumors of a vast right wing conspiracy are going around about this case once again, but Spitzer dug his own grave in any case.
;D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/24/08 at 9:48 pm

Well, not an eyebrow anyway.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Perhaps part of it is power trip...he's spending $4300 on a fling because he can.

Also, my guess is the high-priced escort agencies make a big deal of guaranteed discretion, you know, for high profile clients. 

Rumors of a vast right wing conspiracy are going around about this case once again, but Spitzer dug his own grave in any case.
;D

Normally I don't care about a person's extravagant habits but $4300 is too much for any one or two hour fling.  A power trip isn't much of a power trip if it has to be hidden.  I think the fact that it's hidden would defeat the very "trip".

I suppose he could have been paying the big bucks for discretion.

The more I read about Spitzer the more I'm convince the public should just consider him a guy who likes high priced hookers and got caught.  No vast Right-Wing conspiracy, just take the facts as is.

Check for new replies or respond here...