» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Campaign Comes to LyricBoyVille...

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/08 at 7:45 am

Well the Dem primary campaign has finally started courting LyricBoy.  :P

Bill Clinton was at my high school this week, hawking the virtues of Billary Hillary in the white house.  ::)

Obama was supposed to be in my neighborhood on Thursday (my house is on a college campus) but he had to cancel for a Senate vote.  His motorcade woulda gone right past my bedroom window.  :o

Next week 'Bama will be at the local Community College about 2 miles away.

Maybe if he has some free time after the rally he and I can go out and party campaign with his supporters.  ;)

Subject: Re: Campaign Comes to LyricBoyVille...

Written By: danootaandme on 03/16/08 at 9:48 am

I'd party with him

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/16/08 at 1:35 pm

Well the Dem primary campaign has finally started courting LyricBoy.  :P

Bill Clinton was at my high school this week, hawking the virtues of Billary Hillary in the white house.  ::)

Obama was supposed to be in my neighborhood on Thursday (my house is on a college campus) but he had to cancel for a Senate vote.  His motorcade woulda gone right past my bedroom window.  :o

Next week 'Bama will be at the local Community College about 2 miles away.

Maybe if he has some free time after the rally he and I can go out and party campaign with his supporters.  ;)

Let me guess, you live in Pennsylvania.

Cat

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/16/08 at 7:01 pm

I'd party with him

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumright.gif
Party on, Danoota!

PA is Hillary's crucible.  Unfortunately, I think she'll win there, which will give the Dems several months more of of infighting!
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/16/08 at 7:28 pm

Let me guess, you live in Pennsylvania.

Cat

Yep.  And Governor Ed Rendell is probably working overtime, twisting every arm and playing every card he can to promote Billary Hillary.  8-P

Unfortunately PA is chock-full of people who will vote however the Democratic machine tells them to... But you never know, Obama has had a strong campaign but I think that the advantage in PA still goes to Billary Hillary.

In the last Pensylvania legislative election, the voters had a revolt and voted out old-line Dem candidates who had voted themselves all raises during a midnight closed-door session.  So maybe Obama can pull this one off...  :-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 2:35 pm

Yep.  And Governor Ed Rendell is probably working overtime, twisting every arm and playing every card he can to promote Billary Hillary.  8-P

Unfortunately PA is chock-full of people who will vote however the Democratic machine tells them to... But you never know, Obama has had a strong campaign but I think that the advantage in PA still goes to Billary Hillary.

In the last Pensylvania legislative election, the voters had a revolt and voted out old-line Dem candidates who had voted themselves all raises during a midnight closed-door session.  So maybe Obama can pull this one off...  :-\\

NOW can I complain about "Fast Eddie"????  Ed Rendell pretty much promised Billary PA.  Ed is Democratic Party Chairman for PA, he also teaches a course at Penn State. "Who Becomes Elected and Why?".  I'm not sure if Ed will be able to deliever.  There are plenty of Dems who are aware of the party machine and will vote for Obama because the party machine hasn't endorsed him.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/17/08 at 2:39 pm

If Hillary can't win 60% of the vote she ain't gonna get that much net delegates :P

Written By: Tia on 03/17/08 at 2:49 pm

If Hillary can't win 60% of the vote she ain't gonna get that much net delegates :P
the projection i saw actually had her getting 60 percent. :( and that damn preacher scandal isn't gonna help.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/17/08 at 2:51 pm

the projection i saw actually had her getting 60 percent. :( and that damn preacher scandal isn't gonna help.

He's got a month left, we'll see...she was projected to kill him in Texas and Ohio too and that didn't really happen.

We will see...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/17/08 at 3:01 pm

She's got Ed, she's got it in the bag.  Let's hope for a state wide Democrat rebellion against the party machine.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/datdarnkid/img133297_t.jpg

At least in Philly...maybe Pittsburgh?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 3:08 pm

At least in Philly...maybe Pittsburgh?

No, he's got his claws on Central PA and Scranton.  The only way Obama can pull this off is to pose himself as a rebel.  The party machine's about ready to fall apart because of internal issues anyway.  Let's hope Ed has miscalculated.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/08 at 6:58 pm

No, he's got his claws on Central PA and Scranton.  The only way Obama can pull this off is to pose himself as a rebel.  The party machine's about ready to fall apart because of internal issues anyway.  Let's hope Ed has miscalculated.

Well, Ed could not stop the carnage in the state legislature that happened in Western PA.  The old Democratic Party Whip, Mike Veon got run out of town and has not been heard from since, and Mike's lackies like the former representative Frank LaGrotta were also given the boot.  LaGrotta was then nabbed by a grand jury for pilfering money and he's singing like a canary and ratting out his buddies, the spineless b*stard.  I always knew he was no good and this proved it.  I expect Veon and quite a few others to be indicted in 2008.

But... Rendell is indeed a good "politician" in the school of Bill Clinton, so I would not underestimate his ability to grease people and twist arms for Billary's Hillary's campaign.  8-P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/17/08 at 7:39 pm

Come on, Rush Limbaugh was saying "Billary" in 1992!

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 8:18 pm

Come on, Rush Limbaugh was saying "Billary" in 1992!

How about "Political Blood Sucking Duo"?  PBSD for short.

Written By: Macphisto on 03/17/08 at 8:20 pm

She's got Ed, she's got it in the bag.  Let's hope for a state wide Democrat rebellion against the party machine.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/datdarnkid/img133297_t.jpg

Does anyone notice the irony of "not for public use" being stamped on that picture?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 8:24 pm

Well, Ed could not stop the carnage in the state legislature that happened in Western PA.  The old Democratic Party Whip, Mike Veon got run out of town and has not been heard from since, and Mike's lackies like the former representative Frank LaGrotta were also given the boot.  LaGrotta was then nabbed by a grand jury for pilfering money and he's singing like a canary and ratting out his buddies, the spineless b*stard.  I always knew he was no good and this proved it.  I expect Veon and quite a few others to be indicted in 2008.

But... Rendell is indeed a good "politician" in the school of Bill Clinton, so I would not underestimate his ability to grease people and twist arms for Billary's Hillary's campaign.  8-P

Good old PA politics.  Some of us are still miffed about the pay raise.  You guys have graft and corruption out there.  All we have is Mike Sturla. ::)

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/17/08 at 8:25 pm

Does anyone notice the irony of "not for public use" being stamped on that picture?

Technically this isn't public use.  But if you insist I have one of my own.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc151/datdarnkid/image3745536.jpg

Is that better???

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/18/08 at 11:06 am

^ Methinks he was remarking on how those two shouldn't be allowed to represent the voting public ;)

Looks like today's poll says Clinton is leading Obama by double digits still in PA, but not as much as a month ago...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/18/08 at 11:13 am

^ Methinks he was remarking on how those two shouldn't be allowed to represent the voting public ;)

Looks like today's poll says Clinton is leading Obama by double digits still in PA, but not as much as a month ago...

I heard there was like 8% undecided.  I hope they all decide Obama.  BTW, Hillary's speaking at a University in Lancaster today.  Meh, I'll wait till Obama drops by the area.

Written By: Tia on 03/18/08 at 11:16 am

i just saw something that said mccain, clinton and obama are all polling neck and neck.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/18/candidate.poll/

how the hell is that possible? aren't the dems registering over the republicans like 2 to 1? how with all this stuff about the repubs being on the ropes is mccain polling even with the dems?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/18/08 at 11:28 am

i just saw something that said mccain, clinton and obama are all polling neck and neck.

how the hell is that possible? aren't the dems registering over the republicans like 2 to 1? how with all this stuff about the repubs being on the ropes is mccain polling even with the dems?

I don't think it is possible.  Unless they're comparing the candidates separately instead of by party alone.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/18/08 at 2:13 pm

Depends on the study, and the study design.  To borrow a football analogy, that's why we play the games!  :D

Written By: Macphisto on 03/18/08 at 11:16 pm

A good portion of America is staunchly conservative.  Another portion is moderate, and McCain has a lot of moderate appeal.

If it comes down to Obama and McCain, I bet it will be one of the closest elections in American history (again).

Written By: Tia on 03/19/08 at 2:05 pm

A good portion of America is staunchly conservative.  Another portion is moderate, and McCain has a lot of moderate appeal.

If it comes down to Obama and McCain, I bet it will be one of the closest elections in American history (again).
it's hard to believe they'd continue to be partisan in favor of the best interests of the country -- i mean, it's obvious that a few more yaers of this war and america's basically done, right? we'll be bankrupt.

i dunno, you might be right. there might be enough "conservatives" to gleefully and deliberately run america off a cliff. but it makes me wonder why it hasn't happened before; hard to believe the country's swung so far to the right since the notoriously conservative 50s.

Check for new replies or respond here...