» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama's passport file breached.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/20/08 at 11:36 pm

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jdMy0nU4HQr1p3eZY1rP_WF1KWRg

My prediction is this will get some play for a while and fade to gray.  It ain't the next Watergate.
::)

Subject: Re: Obama's passport file breached.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/21/08 at 1:51 am

My prediction is this will get some play for a while and fade to gray.  It ain't the next Watergate.

I agree, but I'm still gonna lay 2:1 odds that the two guys charged will turn out to be Hillary operatives, rather than RNC operatives. 

Not only because it fits with the Clinton MO of Sandy Berger's sock-stuffing escapades in a SCIF, and in the more distant past, of the whole White House/FBI files mini-scandal, but because the RNC, by virtue of executive privilege, is capable of far more invasive surveillance on Obama, and they're capable of doing it without getting caught.

That said, the ineptitude of the two doofuses who got busted is so deep that I'm willing to reserve a 5% chance that they really were just goofing around.  This is gonna blow over by next Monday, but it's gonna generate more than a few laughs over the weekend.

Written By: Tia on 03/21/08 at 6:29 am

I agree, but I'm still gonna lay 2:1 odds that the two guys charged will turn out to be Hillary operatives, rather than RNC operatives. 

like there's a difference :D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/21/08 at 8:11 am

The State Department said the workers were just being nosy.  Yeah, sure. ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/21/08 at 12:13 pm

So apparently it wasn't just Obama's passport but Clinton & McCain's too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080321/pl_nm/usa_politics_dc_11;_ylt=Ap0xJRNSu_7RjPuzhw.ZdAME1vAI

Of course the person behind it could have looked at the other two just to throw the scent off.

Cat

Written By: Tia on 03/21/08 at 12:14 pm

So apparently it wasn't just Obama's passport but Clinton & McCain's too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080321/pl_nm/usa_politics_dc_11;_ylt=Ap0xJRNSu_7RjPuzhw.ZdAME1vAI

Of course the person behind it could have looked at the other two just to throw the scent off.

Cat
yeah i saw that and got a little disappointed that i couldnt claim that BHO was being singled out for persection. but then i had the same thought you did, maybe they're trying to muddy the waters. dag, so paranoid! and yet perhaps not paranoid enough. :o

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/21/08 at 12:19 pm

I heard on NPR this stuff happened with Bill Clinton before he was elected.  That time they know for certain it was political.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/23/08 at 9:02 pm

Did they ever breach Bush's?

Now that I would like to see. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 03/24/08 at 4:19 am

As with anything dealing with bushie lite, there isn't much there.

Written By: Tia on 03/24/08 at 8:27 am

wasn't he notorious for never leaving the country before he got elected? i think he might have gone to mexico once but i'm not even sure you need a passport for that. so he may well not have had one.

if you get elected (or whatever ;D ) president and you don't have a passport, do you have to get one? or do they just figure, okay, you're the president, i guess we'll just let you through...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/08 at 11:19 am

He certainly was good at staying home during Vietnam!

Check for new replies or respond here...