» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: nightmare weapons in iraq?

Written By: Tia on 03/24/08 at 11:15 am

i remember stumbling on this in one of my many morbid trolls through youtube a few weeks ago looking for crazy things and thinking, okay, this is just too spooky and bizarre to be believed. rumors of experimental weapons being used in iraq that only burn the victims' heads and leave the bodies and clothes intact. i only got to thinking about this because in a bulletin board about "in the valley of elah" this one person was asking about the one messed up scene where the soldiers are going through this building and one of them sticks a flame sticker on the forehead of a burn victim who looks like something like this might have happened to her.

anyway, hard to know what to make of rumors like these but even if they were true i'm sure they would never get mainstream coverage. the part that really crawls into my head is that they say the bodies shrink to like three feet long. that is just... insane.

there. cheer up.

http://www.democracynow.org/2006/7/25/u_s_broadcast_exclusive_star_wars

AMY GOODMAN: Today, in another U.S. broadcast exclusive, we bring you an excerpt. It’s called Star Wars in Iraq, produced by Maurizio Torrealta and Sigfrido Ranucci for RAI Television.

MAJID AL GHEZALI: They used incredible weapons, absolutely.

PATRICK DILLON: Experimental weapons?

MAJID AL GHEZALI: Yes. Yes, I think. Yeah, they shoot the bus. We saw the bus like a cloth, like a wet cloth. It seems like a Volkswagen, a big bus like a Volkswagen.

NARRATOR: This testimony was reported to American filmmaker Patrick Dillon a few weeks after the battle for the airport. The person interviewed, Majid al Ghezali, is a well-known and respected man in Baghdad, who is the first violinist in the city orchestra. In addition to describing the battle, Majid al Ghezali wanted to show Patrick Dillon the site near the airport where the mysterious weapon was used, along with the traces of fused metal still visible, and the irregularly sized ditches where the bodies were buried before they were exhumed. We sought out Majid al Ghezali to hear more details of his story. We met up with him in Amman, and he pointed out some inexplicable peculiarities on the bodies of the victims of the battle for the airport.

MAJID AL GHEZALI: Just the head was burnt, and the other parts of the bodies wasn’t anything happened on it.

NARRATOR: Al Ghezali reported that he had seen three passengers in a car, all dead, with their faces and teeth burnt, the body intact, and no sign of projectiles.

MAJID AL GHEZALI: There wasn’t any bullet. I saw the teeth, just the teeth and no eyes, all of them. With the body, nothing for the bodies. Just the teeth, and all the—I mean, the heads were burnt.

NARRATOR: There were other inexplicable aspects. The terrain where the battle took place was dug up by the American military and replaced with other fresh earth. The bodies that were not hit by projectiles had shrunk to just slightly more than one meter in height.

MAJID AL GHEZALI: Except the bodies killed by the bullets, most of them became very small. I mean, it’s like that. Something like that.

NARRATOR: We asked Majid what weapon he imagined had been used.

MAJID AL GHEZALI: One year later, we heard that this is updated technology they used, a unique one. It’s like lasers.

NARRATOR: We found another disturbing document on the use of mysterious weapons in Iraq, which referred to episodes taking place almost at the same time as those described by Majid al Ghezali.

Subject: Re: nightmare weapons in iraq?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/24/08 at 11:23 am

Sounds like X-Files...maybe Get Smart!
:D

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/24/08 at 10:01 pm

I had heard the U.S. was using a laser of sort during the first strike during the Iraq invasion.  Iraqi doctors said they were seeing injuries that no bullet or explosion could have caused. 

Written By: Tia on 03/25/08 at 6:15 am

I had heard the U.S. was using a laser of sort during the first strike during the Iraq invasion.  Iraqi doctors said they were seeing injuries that no bullet or explosion could have caused. 
there are definitely "nonlethal" weapons of this variety, the question is whether there are lethal versions that they're keeping hidden. it's quite gruesome. makes me crazy to suspect my money goes to things like this. if i were religious, i'd call it satanic.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/25/08 at 3:16 pm

there are definitely "nonlethal" weapons of this variety, the question is whether there are lethal versions that they're keeping hidden. it's quite gruesome. makes me crazy to suspect my money goes to things like this. if i were religious, i'd call it satanic.

So then you know what I'm talking about.  It wouldn't surprise me if they're working on a lethal version of it.  I wonder if that form of weapon goes against the Geneva Convention?  If it doesn't, it should.

Written By: Tia on 03/26/08 at 6:31 am

So then you know what I'm talking about.  It wouldn't surprise me if they're working on a lethal version of it.  I wonder if that form of weapon goes against the Geneva Convention?  If it doesn't, it should.
a lot of weapons that are commonly used could be argued to violate the geneva conventions, like cluster bombs and white phosphorus. and they're all pretty much horrifying as hell, but the thing is, if someone with UN veto power wants to violate the geneva conventions, unfortunately, they're free to, because no one can enforce them.

i definitely agree though, if this microwave stuff is real it's basically meddling in some really ugly s**t no one should be messing with. just spooks me to no end.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 03/26/08 at 8:46 am

a lot of weapons that are commonly used could be argued to violate the geneva conventions, like cluster bombs and white phosphorus. and they're all pretty much horrifying as hell, but the thing is, if someone with UN veto power wants to violate the geneva conventions, unfortunately, they're free to, because no one can enforce them.

i definitely agree though, if this microwave stuff is real it's basically meddling in some really ugly s**t no one should be messing with. just spooks me to no end.

You're right.  Chemical weapons are also against the Geneva Convention and that hasn't stopped a few countries.

The microwave weapons are really scary, at least with bullets you have an ideal of where and how low to duck.  Plus how do you repair the bodily damage it does?  It slices off limbs.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/26/08 at 10:30 am

War is hell.  War is not glamorous or fantastical as our President seems to believe.  We stayed in Vietnam long enough to see Napalm and Agent Orange and those left an indelible imprint on our collective soul.  What legacy of horrors will another one, two, five, ten, one-hundred years in Iraq leave us?  Obama promised to get us out of there in his first term.  For the good of humanity, we must!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/26/08 at 5:13 pm

War is hell.  War is not glamorous or fantastical as our President seems to believe.  We stayed in Vietnam long enough to see Napalm and Agent Orange and those left an indelible imprint on our collective soul.  What legacy of horrors will another one, two, five, ten, one-hundred years in Iraq leave us?  Obama promised to get us out of there in his first term.  For the good of humanity, we must!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

I only have one thing to say about our presidential administration....

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dark1.gif

The thing I dislike about his administration is "Trickier Dick" Cheney. He's been giving info to every Republican President since Nixon and he's trying to put them all into oblivion.

Check for new replies or respond here...