» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: yeah Obama, let's bring the troops home , then...

Written By: saver on 04/06/08 at 5:13 pm

More talk about Obama wanted to bring the troops hoime from the war and callers on talk shows with the same MANTRA- "Let the IRAQI'S just kill each other off without us"..

This method never worked for the American ciities has it?- IF WE JUST LET THE GANGBANGERS KILL EACH OTHER OFF IN THEIR LITTLE GANG-POCKET AREAS, WE'LL HAVE NO WORRIES!

WRONG, WRONG,WRONG,...WHY? Because they'll start coming into OUR homes and communities as proven over all these years-check the stats and THEN we have to pay the police for more protection, taxes go up and new weapons come out ...on and on...MORE FEAR, MORE VIOLENCE!

What will you be saying then when THE TERRORISTS then come here! Gee, how did THAT happen????

IT COULD.

Subject: Re: yeah Obama, let's bring the troops home , then...

Written By: Zoso on 04/06/08 at 7:33 pm

Obama doesn't want to bring the troops home. Both Obama's and Clinton's plans include keeping a few thousand soldiers in Iraq as "peace-keepers."

Written By: La Roche on 04/06/08 at 8:17 pm

What will you be saying then when THE TERRORISTS then come here! Gee, how did THAT happen????

Looks like they're already here... some of them are in the white house, some of them are in congress and some of them attempt to rile up misplaced fear on the internet... apparently.

Written By: saver on 04/06/08 at 8:35 pm

Looks like they're already here... some of them are in the white house, some of them are in congress and some of them attempt to rile up misplaced fear on the internet... apparently.

over 40,000 gang members in LA alone...and growing how about your town? Prison overcrowding, crime up...

Unguarded/controlled shipyard ports when potential nuke bomb components can come in freely....naw no worries, were safe.  It's just crying wolf. UNTIL SOMETHING DRASTIC HAPPENS, then you'll hear how we're out of hand....PREVENTION FIRST. 

Written By: La Roche on 04/06/08 at 8:56 pm

over 40,000 gang members in LA alone...and growing how about your town? Prison overcrowding, crime up...

Unguarded/controlled shipyard ports when potential nuke bomb components can come in freely....naw no worries, were safe.  It's just crying wolf. UNTIL SOMETHING DRASTIC HAPPENS, then you'll hear how we're out of hand....PREVENTION FIRST. 

Pray tell, how you prevent something like that?

By waging war without end? What, you think that by keeping every Tom, Dick and Achmed busy over in the Middle East they'll suddenly forget about the nuke they wanted to get to the Superbowl (thanks Tom Clancy!)?

Written By: Macphisto on 04/06/08 at 11:33 pm

More talk about Obama wanted to bring the troops hoime from the war and callers on talk shows with the same MANTRA- "Let the IRAQI'S just kill each other off without us"..

This method never worked for the American ciities has it?- IF WE JUST LET THE GANGBANGERS KILL EACH OTHER OFF IN THEIR LITTLE GANG-POCKET AREAS, WE'LL HAVE NO WORRIES!

WRONG, WRONG,WRONG,...WHY? Because they'll start coming into OUR homes and communities as proven over all these years-check the stats and THEN we have to pay the police for more protection, taxes go up and new weapons come out ...on and on...MORE FEAR, MORE VIOLENCE!

IT COULD.

Please don't fall prey to the "they'll follow us over here" argument.  Terrorism will always be a threat to us, but leaving Iraq doesn't make us any less safe -- it just makes us more financially solvent.

Written By: saver on 04/07/08 at 1:39 am

Please don't fall prey to the "they'll follow us over here" argument.  Terrorism will always be a threat to us, but leaving Iraq doesn't make us any less safe -- it just makes us more financially solvent.

Tell me you don't believe there are terrorists cells in the US already..you have some foolish thought they aren't?

All they need do is assemble a dirty bomb here and we're in a bit of trouble..not 'majorly' but a disruption none-the -less.

Why do I buy it? If we already have 4,000,000 illegals here what else do you think came in?
Do you know how lax the American ports are to get a piece of one thing or another sneaked into a shipping container..IT HAS BEEN DONE WITH ILLEGAL WEAPONS/DRUGS already..think of what we didn't catch.

It isn't an unwarranted fear..it's reality.

As far as prevention, if you hit a bully hard enough, don't you think he'll think twice before raising his hand to anyone again. Then you have the hard-core terrorist..remember 'DEAT TO AMERICA'??  Chop off the head and they grow another one..how about chop off 'all heads'..it'll be awhile, at least, before they regroup and retrain if they're so into it.

Gangs or terrorist, someone has to dig in and stand up...
(along that line, I am sick to my stomach whenever I hear there are PRISON GANGS!- -In my world,hard labor, if you think of forming a clan for YOUR cause and terrorizing/intimidating others )...Thank you Sherriff Arpaio(?)for his enforcement in his Arizona prison...

Written By: limblifter on 04/07/08 at 3:56 am

Do you know how lax the American ports are to get a piece of one thing or another sneaked into a shipping container..IT HAS BEEN DONE WITH ILLEGAL WEAPONS/DRUGS already..think of what we didn't catch.

It isn't an unwarranted fear..it's reality.

You didn't answer Satan's Dads question. How do you plan to stop people, or nuclear bomb components (I can't believe I just typed that ::)) from entering the country?

Are you saying that every shipping container that enters the U.S. should be thoroughly inspected? That shouldn't cost too much, or completely shut down transport nationwide. I mean, how many shipping containers actually enter the U.S. every day, right? :o

In my world,hard labor, if you think of forming a clan for YOUR cause and terrorizing/intimidating others )

WTF are you going on about?

Written By: Jessica on 04/07/08 at 9:39 am

Sums it up.

Written By: Tia on 04/07/08 at 10:11 am

if we keep up the war in iraq we might be able to kill two birds with one stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgwfVJIoBNM

::)

Written By: philbo on 04/07/08 at 10:32 am

As far as prevention, if you hit a bully hard enough, don't you think he'll think twice before raising his hand to anyone again.

That is probably what the 9/11 hijackers were thinking.  I'm not sure it would work the other way round, either.

Written By: saver on 04/07/08 at 3:10 pm

You didn't answer Satan's Dads question. How do you plan to stop people, or nuclear bomb components (I can't believe I just typed that ::)) from entering the country?

Are you saying that every shipping container that enters the U.S. should be thoroughly inspected? That shouldn't cost too much, or completely shut down transport nationwide. I mean, how many shipping containers actually enter the U.S. every day, right? :o

I realize you can't examine every container that comes into this country...we let cars go through the Mexico border as well...if I had THAT answer...I'd have $$$millions$$...it would delay deliveries etc..

The other rant..if you followed all before that pointed out how next to terrorists, I equated prison gangs and felt they are terrorizing each other and I DON'T STAND FOR THAT EITHER..
If it was hard following the two intertwined thoughts on bullies in general,I will later list complaints as 1 and 2 to make it clear when I speak up.

The hijackers were plain sneaky scum who concealed their plans to disturb our society,thinking we would bow to their way of life and consider living the way their society lives, in fear and cowering to intimidation.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/08 at 3:33 pm

Back in the '80s Bedtime-for-Ronzo used to talk like the Sandinistas were a threat to our national security...and the right-wing Kook-Aid drinkers bought it.  Same thing's happening today.
::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/07/08 at 3:42 pm

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/db/2008/db080407.gif

In case you can't see it:  http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 04/07/08 at 3:53 pm

I realize you can't examine every container that comes into this country...we let cars go through the Mexico border as well...if I had THAT answer...I'd have $$$millions$$...it would delay deliveries etc..

The other rant..if you followed all before that pointed out how next to terrorists, I equated prison gangs and felt they are terrorizing each other and I DON'T STAND FOR THAT EITHER..
If it was hard following the two intertwined thoughts on bullies in general,I will later list complaints as 1 and 2 to make it clear when I speak up.

The hijackers were plain sneaky scum who concealed their plans to disturb our society,thinking we would bow to their way of life and consider living the way their society lives, in fear and cowering to intimidation.

Re: terrorists sneaking in.

How do you justify the homegrown terrorists? Dare I bring up the Oklahoma City bombing or what happened at the Olympics in Atlanta?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/08 at 3:56 pm

Re: terrorists sneaking in.

How do you justify the homegrown terrorists? Dare I bring up the Oklahoma City bombing or what happened at the Olympics in Atlanta?

Arabs were behind both of those attacks.  That is, if that's what you want to believe, you can find conspiracy cranks out there who say so.  Seek and ye shall.....

f
i
n
d

Written By: limblifter on 04/07/08 at 4:38 pm

WOW! I cannot believe you typed that and can't see that that is EXACTLY what the U.S. is doing :o

Written By: saver on 04/07/08 at 5:50 pm

WOW! I cannot believe you typed that and can't see that that is EXACTLY what the U.S. is doing :o

But OUR,(US), mission is to help the Democracy rule the land -abolish women having to wear veils and people to be able to speak freely without the fear of death..
Guess it WASN'T for the oil afterall..then why is gas rising?

THE 9/11 were behind a cause to get back at the US for whatever reasons they and the extremists have in their heads that we are evil and our banks and government is bad for the world..compiled with their mantra 'DEATH TO AMERICA' whenever attacking us.

Also re; Homegrown terrorists, that is also some 'nut' who has a beef with the country and wrong to target mass gatherings...how many others are out there? At least we can pick most of them out, but when radicals strap bombs to women to kill innocents..that's another something that needs to be stopped, dug out like a mole, and disintegrated.

We wouldn't blow up all of Iraq just to get the slime, we pick and choose who and how to end some of it. Do we really want BinLaden...guess not but how about the kooks who kill to continue their caveman ways and beat people for unjust causes.

Written By: limblifter on 04/07/08 at 7:10 pm

But OUR,(US), mission is to help the Democracy rule the land -abolish women having to wear veils and people to be able to speak freely without the fear of death..

No it wasn't. It was because Saddam had WMDs and was a threat to the world. Oh wait...he wasn't? Ok, it was because he had ties to terrorist groups. He didn't? Ok, it's because we want to bring freedom to the Iraqis.

Like Joe Sixpack in Alabama really gave a rats ass about the freedom of speech for the Iraqi people. Something tells me the american people would not have been behind this invasion at the start if your government had went on tv with "We want to help the Iraqi people have democracy".

You have a brain, use it!! Stop reading these garbage chain emails!

Written By: saver on 04/07/08 at 7:21 pm

No it wasn't. It was because Saddam had WMDs and was a threat to the world. Oh wait...he wasn't? Ok, it was because he had ties to terrorist groups. He didn't? Ok, it's because we want to bring freedom to the Iraqis.

Like Joe Sixpack in Alabama really gave a rats ass about the freedom of speech for the Iraqi people. Something tells me the american people would not have been behind this invasion at the start if your government had went on tv with "We want to help the Iraqi people have democracy".

You have a brain, use it!! Stop reading these garbage chain emails!

That goes back to saying those opposed to the war beginning were shouting it was FOR OIL, sorry, that didn't fly, then they said it was because Bush lied, WHEN MANY DEMOCRATS SAID WE HAD TO GO IN TO GET RID OF THE CREEP SADDAM BEFORE MORE EVIL HAPPENS, now the cry is get out of a war we don't need to be there for-let them destroy each other without us.

I kept my mind open as to 'is this really a war we need to help fight, that will help democracy'... IF that's why they are doing it ...keep up the cause.. I may be believing something that was fabricated.. but you know what??....
Someone better let the people/soldiers, who are SIGNING AND RE-SIGNING for EXTENDED duty that they are being lied to or a lot of soldiers must be awfully brainless to be led into a nonsense war.

Written By: Tia on 04/07/08 at 7:46 pm

this is very interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H-N5ju6uGM

a bunch of college kids drew 4019 chalk outlines of human figures on their campus and then just got people's reaction. it's a very simple, powerful idea and gives me renewed hope that activism is still useful sometimes, and hasn't become a complete parody of itself quite yet.

Written By: philbo on 04/08/08 at 2:55 am

Guess it WASN'T for the oil afterall..then why is gas rising?

Well, duh!  Isn't it complelely clear to you that what is going on in Iraq now has nothing to do with what Bush & Co forecast was going to happen?  Prior to the invasion, there was so much wishful thinking combined with a complete absence of planning that we're now enmeshed in an unwinnable civil war in all but name which was only forecast by the odd few million people (but not the White House or Pentagon).

To use an outcome the planners hadn't planned for as "proof" of motive is either disingenuous or downright stupid.

Written By: EthanM on 04/08/08 at 8:58 am

I saw on 60 minutes last Sunday that the department of defense made up a list of things that could go wrong - many of which did - and showed it to president bush and they went to war anyway.

Check for new replies or respond here...