» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: This is what CNN considers a heckler

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/07/08 at 1:24 pm

http://www.salon.com/politics/war_room/2008/04/07/mccain/index.html

imagine what would have happened had an actual heckler been present?

Subject: Re: This is what CNN considers a heckler

Written By: Tia on 04/07/08 at 1:42 pm

yeah, they were talking about that on crooksandliars, too. this just in: asking a hardball question now makes you a heckler. but only if you're asking saint mccain. ::) he could have called her a "jerk" like he did to that other hostile questioner a few months back.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/07/08 at 2:15 pm

My gosh the kid just asked a simple question.  This is the kind of crap that goes on when Bush speaks to the public.  Any question that questions the candidate is a heckler.

Written By: Tia on 04/07/08 at 2:18 pm

Any question that questions the candidate is a heckler.
well, it would be if bush ever got a hostile question ;D

new book about the fawning coverage the press is giving mccain. i might order a copy.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0307279405/crooksandliar-20/ref=nosim

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/07/08 at 2:22 pm

well, it would be if bush ever got a hostile question ;D

When Bush does a public appearance everyone and everything is screened beforehand.  My parents went to see him at Lancaster Airport.  Secret Service asked them questions and did a full background check. It's all staged.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/07/08 at 3:36 pm

When Bush does a public appearance everyone and everything is screened beforehand.  My parents went to see him at Lancaster Airport.  Secret Service asked them questions and did a full background check. It's all staged.

And even then Dubya makes an ass of himself.
::)

Obama's the only one with enough cool to handle a real heckler.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/07/08 at 5:14 pm

And even then Dubya makes an ass of himself.
::)

Obama's the only one with enough cool to handle a real heckler.

No one is supposed to notice he still makes an ass of himself.  Therefore no Democrats are allowed at these functions.  (Yes, voter registration is checked at the door.)

Obama knows how to one-up even the most obnoxious heckler. 8)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/08/08 at 8:27 pm

No one is supposed to notice he still makes an ass of himself.  Therefore no Democrats are allowed at these functions.  (Yes, voter registration is checked at the door.)

He reminds me of Mr. Taggart, Slim Pickens' character from "Blazing Saddles"!  But that reference makes another Obama anology way too easy!
:P

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/08/08 at 10:17 pm

"...Don't Tase me, bro !..."

Written By: philbo on 04/09/08 at 7:45 am

He reminds me of Mr. Taggart, Slim Pickens' character from "Blazing Saddles"!  But that reference makes another Obama anology way too easy!

I can just imagine the scene..

"The new President's a ni..."

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/09/08 at 10:33 am

Ouch, you're right.  Hope no one makes that analogy. :-\\

Check for new replies or respond here...