» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: The Recession

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/14/08 at 3:37 pm

Yes, we're in a Recession. But how long will it last? (And when I say "When Cleveland wins a Championship", that means two seconds short of never.)

Subject: Re: The Recession

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/14/08 at 4:52 pm

I'm thinking around January of next year.  Possibly a little after.  New President, new economic hope.  We hope. :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 04/14/08 at 5:51 pm

I am thinking January, when Obama is sworn in.

Written By: Macphisto on 04/14/08 at 11:17 pm

Several years, with a possible second Great Depression.

Bailing out Bear Stearns has only postponed an inevitable fall in our economy.

Written By: KKay on 04/15/08 at 7:01 am

ugh...maybe january?

Written By: Gis on 04/15/08 at 10:33 am

Seeing as it is now worldwide I think it's gonna be here for some time.......................

Written By: Tia on 04/15/08 at 10:37 am

anyone wanna buy some "i'm bitter!" bumper stickers?

Written By: danootaandme on 04/15/08 at 5:03 pm

anyone wanna buy some "i'm bitter!" bumper stickers?

Bitter enough to forget the "I won't say I told you so" pledge. 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/15/08 at 6:02 pm

If we don't reverse the failed economic policies of the past 27 years there's no telling how deep we could sink or how long it could last.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/15/08 at 8:04 pm

If we don't reverse the failed economic policies of the past 27 years there's no telling how deep we could sink or how long it could last.

It started before Reaganomics and Greenspan.  Neither Ford or Carter's administration had a really good grasp on the economy.  As for how much it will sink.  The Federal Reserve can only do so much.  If the House and Senate don't come up with a few things we're sunk.

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/15/08 at 11:15 pm

It started before Reaganomics and Greenspan.  Neither Ford or Carter's administration had a really good grasp on the economy.  As for how much it will sink.  The Federal Reserve can only do so much.  If the House and Senate don't come up with a few things we're sunk.

Your right. We've lost the gold standard in the early 70's and Nixon's ghost (In my honest opinion) is haunting us.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/16/08 at 9:17 pm

Carter had to deal with the bills from Vietnam.  A lot of the neo-liberal reforms (eg. deregulating the airlines) did start before Reagan, but the real "voodoo economics" started with Reagan.

Written By: tv on 04/17/08 at 10:07 am

Yes, we're in a Recession. But how long will it last? (And when I say "When Cleveland wins a Championship", that means two seconds short of never.)
I think we are heading towards a recession the way its way going but are we in? No I don;t think so.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/17/08 at 7:57 pm

Carter had to deal with the bills from Vietnam.  A lot of the neo-liberal reforms (eg. deregulating the airlines) did start before Reagan, but the real "voodoo economics" started with Reagan.

Trickle down economics, tax cuts for the higher income bracket.  Quite a few quick fixes with unknown consequences. (At least to them, most of us know the consequences now.)

Written By: Tanya1976 on 04/17/08 at 9:04 pm

January when Obama's inaugurated.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/18/08 at 4:46 pm

Trickle down economics, tax cuts for the higher income bracket.

Trickled on economics, because that is how most of us feel

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/08 at 8:30 pm

Trickled on economics, because that is how most of us feel

We didn't get to the clause that stated we would be living in the sewer!
8-P

Check for new replies or respond here...