» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Democratic "Debate" tonight... 4000 negative comments and rising

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/16/08 at 10:23 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/DemocraticDebate/comments?type=story&id=4666956

Started with 45 minutes of "topics" like Reverend Wright nonsense, and other infighting crap no one outside of the pundits on the big networks gives a crap about.  Way to go ABC!

Subject: Re: Democratic "Debate" tonight... 4000 negative comments and rising

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/16/08 at 10:27 pm

I don't even feel like clicking on that wright now, erm, right now.  I worked late and missed the whole thing; I get the feeling I didn't miss much!
::)

Written By: Tia on 04/16/08 at 10:41 pm

awesome. i have hope.

if the media suddenly started covering real issues i would personally forgive all. i think the people are hungry for a real conversation in the US and all this gotcha crap has got us pulling our hair out. it was fun in the 90s when things were basically going ok, but now we really need genuine solutions to problems and the media are still playing kiddie games in the sandbox. they need to grow up.

Written By: Tia on 04/16/08 at 10:44 pm

follow up: i LOVE this! i'm reading every post with glee. thanks for this, CG, it gives me hope in the american people again. talk about calling out the bulls**t. 8)

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/08 at 10:02 am

Youtube could have run a better debate by having users comment to ask questions, and limiting users to 12 year old girls with Down syndrome.

Written By: Tia on 04/17/08 at 10:07 am

it's a huge thing, ABC finally apparently shut down the message board after 10,000 comments came in, the vast majority of them scathingly negative. i love how the media just can't hide how out of touch they are with what the people want.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/08 at 10:16 am

it's a huge thing, ABC finally apparently shut down the message board after 10,000 comments came in, the vast majority of them scathingly negative. i love how the media just can't hide how out of touch they are with what the people want.

and you know they're never going to comment on air about it.

I wonder if Jon Stewart will.  Sad that a comedy show is the only means to hear criticism of the media elite in this country.

really, asking Obama about how much flair he has on  his suit?  Is it a TGI Fridays staff meeting or a debate?

I say bring back the debates run by the League of Women Voters, tell the parties they have no say in how it's run, and make sure the networks have no say in it as well.  If they balk, point out what a bunch of wusses they are.

Written By: Jessica on 04/17/08 at 10:20 am

and you know they're never going to comment on air about it.

I wonder if Jon Stewart will.  Sad that a comedy show is the only means to hear criticism of the media elite in this country.

really, asking Obama about how much flair he has on  his suit?  Is it a TGI Fridays staff meeting or a debate?

I say bring back the debates run by the League of Women Voters, tell the parties they have no say in how it's run, and make sure the networks have no say in it as well.  If they balk, point out what a bunch of wusses they are.

You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/08 at 10:30 am

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/An_open_letter_to_Charlie_Gibson_and_George_Stephanapoulos.html

the backlash is starting to spread beyond just a few Net geeks... hope for the media yet?

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/08 at 10:35 am

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/An_open_letter_to_Charlie_Gibson_and_George_Stephanapoulos.html

the backlash is starting to spread beyond just a few Net geeks... hope for the media yet?

just read this in that article...

Although, to be blunt, I would also urge the major candidates in 2012 to agree only to debates that are organized by the League of Women Voters, with citizen moderators and questioners. Because we have proven without a doubt in 2008 that working journalists don't deserve to be the debate "deciders."

wow... just wow.  Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/17/08 at 10:49 am

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1731655,00.html

Time magazine's commentary is even better.

Written By: Tia on 04/17/08 at 4:06 pm

evidently sean hannity might have fed stephanopoulos at least one of the questions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/16/stephanopoulos-left-field_n_97136.html

and stephanopoulos, of course, used to work for clinton.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/17/08 at 6:53 pm

Sean Hannity: Talking head, dumb ass.
:-\\

People who meet the man are often struck by how stupid he is.  He doesn't know how to converse.  He does know how to shout an arsenal of right-wing cliches, which is all you need working for Roger Ailes. 

Somebody oughta tell Stephie that Republicrat thing is like sooooo 1996!

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/17/08 at 11:55 pm

I'd just like to take a moment to congratulate the winner of last night's trainwreck... namely, Senator John McCain.

As for the moderators of last night's

http://www.shipmentoffail.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/junction_of_fail.jpg

junction of fail, ah, America, we hardly knew ye.  At least I get a front-row ticket with the rest of y'all as we swirl down the drain.  As a trip to any airport will confirm, the terrorists have already won -- but if that's what passes for debate, the Chinese deserve to pick the flesh off our bones.

Written By: Tia on 04/18/08 at 8:16 am

if that's what passes for debate, the Chinese deserve to pick the flesh off our bones.
i don't mean to continue to be a shameless obama whore but i guess i might as well -- this is very true and he seemed to be the only person there who was aware of it. his whole demeanor seemed to be saying, 'look, dumbasses -- you sure you really wanna do this?'

Written By: Macphisto on 04/18/08 at 7:18 pm

follow up: i LOVE this! i'm reading every post with glee. thanks for this, CG, it gives me hope in the american people again. talk about calling out the bulls**t. 8)

It also shows that ABC's viewers demand a lot more from them than Fox's viewers do from Fox News.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/19/08 at 12:45 am

i don't mean to continue to be a shameless obama whore but i guess i might as well -- this is very true and he seemed to be the only person there who was aware of it. his whole demeanor seemed to be saying, 'look, dumbasses -- you sure you really wanna do this?'

http://207.199.174.56/img/qPAeJJDWDG_wrb.jpg

You don't have to be a Romney fan to appreciate the truth behind Yeats' poem. 

(Cthulhu/Ha(notgonnasayit)-Ha(stillnotgonnasayit)-Guy 2008.  Vote for the slimy beast, not the rough one.)

Check for new replies or respond here...