» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: any takers to find the Mexican Presidents family illegally here?

Written By: saver on 04/24/08 at 12:20 am

Story on Yahoo news -but cannot access it as it's a video- so just by the headline...is this something that should be attended to by authorities? or did they find a loophole?..

Subject: Re: any takers to find the Mexican Presidents family illegally here?

Written By: Jessica on 04/24/08 at 10:38 am

After reading through thousands of hateful and shameful comments ON Mexicans (not about illegals, but about Mexicans in general), I found only one thing related to the story. He said he had family members in America, but did not say whether they were here illegally or not because he doesn't know.

Q: “President Calderon, It’s been reported you have relatives working in the United States. What have you learned form their experiences, do you know do they want to become citizens and do you know are they there legally?”

A: “Yes I do have family in the United States and what I can tell you is that these are people who work and respect that country. They pay their taxes to the government. These are people who work in the field; they work in the field with vegetables.”

I watched the video and wanted to punch Dubya's smirking face.

Written By: Tia on 04/24/08 at 11:12 am

let there be no doubt: racism is now okay again with a lot of the right wing. they not only ARE racist, as not only the immigration flap but also the nature of the smears against barack obama demonstrate, but they have the astonishing gall to become offended when they're CALLED racist.

look, if you're afraid of mexicans getting into the country because you think they're dirty, or lazy, or criminals, if you think barack obama shouldn't be president because you think without evidence he's a black supremacist or got where he is because of affirmative action...

YOU.
ARE.
RACIST.

i'm so sick of this sheesh. it's like the civil rights movement might as well never have happened.

Written By: Jessica on 04/24/08 at 11:41 am

let there be no doubt: racism is now okay again with a lot of the right wing. they not only ARE racist, as not only the immigration flap but also the nature of the smears against barack obama demonstrate, but they have the astonishing gall to become offended when they're CALLED racist.

look, if you're afraid of mexicans getting into the country because you think they're dirty, or lazy, or criminals, if you think barack obama shouldn't be president because you think without evidence he's a black supremacist or got where he is because of affirmative action...

YOU.
ARE.
RACIST.

i'm so sick of this sheesh. it's like the civil rights movement might as well never have happened.

*applause*

Written By: saver on 04/24/08 at 12:21 pm

Not sure what YAHOO was getting at, as the headline went with a video that wouldn't play for me.

We'll have to see if anyone picked up on it.

Written By: Tia on 04/24/08 at 12:29 pm

i couldn't find it at all. ???

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/24/08 at 2:50 pm

Story on Yahoo news -but cannot access it as it's a video- so just by the headline...is this something that should be attended to by authorities? or did they find a loophole?..

And Tony Blair rode the train without paying and didn't get a fine..Your point? ::)

Written By: saver on 04/24/08 at 11:25 pm

And Tony Blair rode the train without paying and didn't get a fine..Your point? ::)

You penalize the person who violates the law. As mentioned in other debates, it seems celebrities get treated differently...(take the police helicopter that recently landed in an LA busy street because it thought it had mechanical failure, a mechanic came in gave it the ok to fly again and it left) anyone else would be fined...

If you break the laws of the country as  being an illegal alien..deportation is the penalty.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/25/08 at 2:13 am

YOU.
ARE.
RACIST.

I have nothing against Hispanic people whatsoever.

I just think that we need to know who's entering into our country, that's all. As long as they come here LEGALLY.

Just because you feel that we need to secure our borders and, um, perhaps do some background checks on those who want to come here, that doesn't automatically make you racist.

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 9:16 am

I have nothing against Hispanic people whatsoever.

I just think that we need to know who's entering into our country, that's all. As long as they come here LEGALLY.

Just because you feel that we need to secure our borders and, um, perhaps do some background checks on those who want to come here, that doesn't automatically make you racist.

Neither Tia nor I were referring to that. If you google "Mexican president's family in America", you will run across some of the most hate filled vitriol that I have ever seen. And I've encountered BS like this firsthand (being called a f*cking Mexican beaner at the age of 8 is NOT a good thing). I believe that people should cross the border legally, yes. But I have not seen ONE plan that would work to get this whole mess sorted out. I hear rhetoric about fences (HAHAHAHAHA), deporting whole families regardless of whether they're legal or not, giving amnesty, etc. Yet nothing is done. And nothing will be done while these @sshole corporations, the wealthy, and the field owners can have cheap labor. You'll hear pissing and moaning from Buffy at the country club while Pedro is mowing the lawns. You'll hear factory owners bitch about "those stupid spics" while Lupe is sewing their schitty products.

Furthermore (and this is directed at saver), everyone is always on and on about Mexican this and Mexican that. Ummm, hello? A good portion of illegal immigrants crossing the border come from Central America, not just from Mexico. That's like lumping all of Europe together. If you were from, oh, France, and I called you a Dutchman, you would get pissed, no? Same thing with Mexico and Central America. That's what cracks me up when I see this jackholes holding up signs saying, "go back to Mexico". Brilliance! You have no f*cking idea where they're from, but you want to send them to Mexico. And believe me when I say that Mexico has some very strict and very evil border laws when it comes to people crossing in from Central America.

Written By: saver on 04/25/08 at 3:17 pm

Neither Tia nor I were referring to that. If you google "Mexican president's family in America", you will run across some of the most hate filled vitriol that I have ever seen. And I've encountered BS like this firsthand (being called a f*cking Mexican beaner at the age of 8 is NOT a good thing). I believe that people should cross the border legally, yes. But I have not seen ONE plan that would work to get this whole mess sorted out. I hear rhetoric about fences (HAHAHAHAHA), deporting whole families regardless of whether they're legal or not, giving amnesty, etc. Yet nothing is done. And nothing will be done while these @sshole corporations, the wealthy, and the field owners can have cheap labor. You'll hear pissing and moaning from Buffy at the country club while Pedro is mowing the lawns. You'll hear factory owners bitch about "those stupid spics" while Lupe is sewing their schitty products.

Furthermore (and this is directed at saver), everyone is always on and on about Mexican this and Mexican that. Ummm, hello? A good portion of illegal immigrants crossing the border come from Central America, not just from Mexico. That's like lumping all of Europe together. If you were from, oh, France, and I called you a Dutchman, you would get pissed, no? Same thing with Mexico and Central America. That's what cracks me up when I see this jackholes holding up signs saying, "go back to Mexico". Brilliance! You have no f*cking idea where they're from, but you want to send them to Mexico. And believe me when I say that Mexico has some very strict and very evil border laws when it comes to people crossing in from Central America.

I'm very much aware that the mix is vast...this case was regarding the (supposed) blatant remark from the Mexico president 'My family is in the US illegally'...so far, it doesn't sound as anyone else is talking of this..which is why I posted it-if anyone cared or heard of something on it-based on the headline.

Recently a wall was taken down at the border as they found it had no real impact and to think they want to $pend to build a longer one...the illegals would just get bigger ladders-as they have and also some have even built ramps to get across any obstacles on the ground to damage their vehicles... 

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/25/08 at 7:15 pm

Of the issues causing crisis in this country, illegal immigration is not one of them.  Sure, it's a problem, but the Right plays it up as a red herring.
::)

Written By: Marian on 04/27/08 at 4:26 pm

Tony Blair did WHAT????!!?? :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/28/08 at 7:40 pm

Tony Blair did WHAT????!!?? :o

I hope you weren't thinking what I was thinking....I mean, if there's a hell, I'm goin', but you might be able to save yourself!
:D

Check for new replies or respond here...