» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Once again, justice is not served.

Written By: Jessica on 04/25/08 at 10:32 am

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/25/sean.bell.trial/index.html

I am disgusted, but not surprised. This one sentence "Oliver, who reloaded his semiautomatic in the middle of the fray, fired 31 times, Isnora fired 11 times, and Cooper, whose leg was brushed by Bell's moving car, fired four times, the NYPD said." says enough.

So you're going to tell me that you have to stop and reload a SEMIAUTOMATIC to take down someone in a car? Nuh uh, don't think so.

*sigh* :-\\

Subject: Re: Once again, justice is not served.

Written By: ladybug316 on 04/25/08 at 11:40 am

It's repulsive!  I'm speechless (a truly rare occurrence).

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/25/08 at 12:09 pm

so very sad.

Written By: saver on 04/25/08 at 3:11 pm

I am disgusted, but not surprised. This one sentence "Oliver, who reloaded his semiautomatic in the middle of the fray, fired 31 times, Isnora fired 11 times, and Cooper, whose leg was brushed by Bell's moving car, fired four times, the NYPD said." says enough.

So you're going to tell me that you have to stop and reload a SEMIAUTOMATIC to take down someone in a car? Nuh uh, don't think so.

Maybe they were bad shots?

Unless the car was coming towards them or headed towards others..wan't ion the court to hear testimony..so glad in other cases the DNA is used to set many free lately or people admitting they lied in the original testimony..

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 04/25/08 at 4:23 pm

They fired over 30 shots.  There was no reason for it.  If they were being fired upon I could see it.  Cops get away with some of the worst crimes and they know it too.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/25/08 at 6:19 pm

Sounds like the chase scene from The Blues Brothers movie...

"Use of excessive force... IS AUTHORIZED..."

50 shots, geeze Louise.  The air must have been thick with the smell of gunpowder that night.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/25/08 at 7:02 pm

Disgusting, but not surprising.  Frikkin' NYPD!
>:(

Check for new replies or respond here...