» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Our President...whether you dislike him or not...

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/01/08 at 12:46 pm

Will be remembered, rememberd then forgotten, or forgotten completely.

Subject: Re: Our President...whether you dislike him or not...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/08 at 6:56 pm

America's Caligula

Written By: midnite on 05/01/08 at 6:58 pm

Double-ya

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/08 at 7:05 pm

Double-ya

Double-ya pleasure with....ick, never mind.
8-P

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/02/08 at 7:42 am

America's Caligula

What's that?

I can understand "Butt of American Presidents" but...hehehe.

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/02/08 at 6:13 pm

Evil man !

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6571/wbworldbushnarrowweb300nw9.jpg

His puppet ain't much better !

http://raincoaster.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/cheneysbushpuppet.gif

Written By: GoodRedShirt on 05/02/08 at 6:26 pm

Legendary leader!

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/02/08 at 6:30 pm

Legendary leader!

Never to be forgotten !

Written By: LoveAction on 05/02/08 at 6:41 pm

I'm going with the common response. ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/03/08 at 12:42 am

The man who sold us all down the river.  :(

Written By: philbo on 05/06/08 at 8:17 am

I can't see him being remembered as anything other than a man simply not up to the job of President, unable to understand the complexities of the world around him, who thought that God was telling him violence was the solution.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/06/08 at 5:03 pm

I can't see him being remembered as anything other than a man simply not up to the job of President, unable to understand the complexities of the world around him, who thought that God was telling him violence was the solution.

Unfortunately, he will be remembered as the guy who almost destroyed the U.S. as well as the rest of the world.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/06/08 at 11:41 pm

Unfortunately, he will be remembered as the guy who almost destroyed the U.S. as well as the rest of the world. 

What's this "almost" crap? 

There are still almost ten months to go before the next guy/gal comes up to the plate and gets to take his/her best shot at it.  Until then, we'll have no more of this defeatist talk!  Stay the course!

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/07/08 at 12:42 am

There are still almost ten months to go before the next guy/gal comes up to the plate and gets to take his/her best shot at it.  Until then, we'll have no more of this defeatist talk!  Stay the course!

As long as he stays ON it .... we'll have a chance of surviving to see the day ?    ???    :-\\

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/907/bushgolfcartoneuj1.jpg
When it comes to golf, Gordon ... no one gets one over on me ... the 'Big Dubbya !'

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4214/dubyagolfds8.jpg
See !  Vindicated ! Cheney & co  TOLD me they had these golf weapons of mass destruction !

::)

Written By: Bobby on 05/07/08 at 7:16 am

I am in agreement. Like Mugabe, the only thing he seems competent in is how to stay in power.

Oh, I put 'legendary leader' (he will forever be known for 9/11) but legendary in the way Stalin and Hitler are.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/07/08 at 8:42 am

As long as he stays ON it .... we'll have a chance of surviving to see the day ?    ???    :-\\

When it comes to golf, Gordon ... no one gets one over on me ... the 'Big Dubbya !'

See !  Vindicated ! Cheney & co  TOLD me they had these golf weapons of mass destruction !

That's what he'll be doing on January 20th...but where, I don't know. (Do you think they have golf courses in Cuba?)

Written By: Green Lantern on 05/07/08 at 8:47 am

That's what he'll be doing on January 20th...but where, I don't know. (Do you think they have golf courses in Cuba?)

That's the day when he hands over the presidency ?  Dick should come  .... come clean that day.  Declare he WAS president .... all along.

So, the 'big dubbya's' gonna celebrate .... with a game of golf !    ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/07/08 at 8:51 am

It is not known that Gordon Brown plays golf, but he does come from the home of golf.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/08 at 12:00 pm

I said "almost" because I still have hope. If you don't have hope than why even bother.

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/07/08 at 8:12 pm

People will hear his name and cringe.  Like the name Nixon in the late 70's, only the "Bush cringe will be ongoing and creepy".

Written By: Step-chan on 05/07/08 at 8:31 pm

People will hear his name and cringe.  Like the name Nixon in the late 70's, only the "Bush cringe will be ongoing and creepy".

Ditto.

Written By: Davester on 05/09/08 at 10:36 am

America's Caligula

Yeah, especially the part where he (Malcolm McDowell) crams his fist up dude's kiester.  Yup, that part...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/10/08 at 4:27 pm

Yeah, especially the part where he (Malcolm McDowell) crams his fist up dude's kiester.  Yup, that part...

Karma +1!
;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/10/08 at 4:54 pm

What's that?

I can understand "Butt of American Presidents" but...hehehe.

Never mind, I found out that he was the Emperor of Rome and though he cared for the Jews, he was assasinated....He was also a crazy person.

Now I know where you got the term Maxwell, Karamel Point +1 for you. I knew you were smart with facts and opinions.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/11/08 at 12:53 pm

That can be taken to me a few things. 

1) He such a strong ruler that anyone who anger him gets their intestines pulled out. (ouch!!!)

2) He's gayer than a San Francisco leather man.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/12/08 at 10:19 pm

That can be taken to me a few things. 

1) He such a strong ruler that anyone who anger him gets their intestines pulled out. (ouch!!!)

2) He's gayer than a San Francisco leather man.

Or

3. The Romans invented the colonoscopy!

Ba-da Boom! Ba-da Bing!

:-\\

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/13/08 at 6:05 am

Or

3. The Romans invented the colonoscopy!

Ba-da Boom! Ba-da Bing!

:-\\

Which brings up another point.  We're the Romans as self punishing as Americans?  Caligula, Bush, if that's not self punishing . . .

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/13/08 at 11:59 am

Which brings up another point.  We're the Romans as self punishing as Americans?  Caligula, Bush, if that's not self punishing . . .

Only if I start seeing Muslims getting fed by wolves and everyone seeing it live at Yankee Stadium, then I'll agree with you.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/13/08 at 1:14 pm

Only if I start seeing Muslims getting fed by wolves and everyone seeing it live at Yankee Stadium, then I'll agree with you.

With the way things are going that may happen in the future.  Especially if we keep up this Islamaphobic trend.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/13/08 at 3:57 pm

With the way things are going that may happen in the future.  Especially if we keep up this Islamaphobic trend.

...Or if McCain gets in and makes it into a sport.

Live from Gilette Stadium, Muslims getting eaten by wolves!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/08 at 10:28 pm

I assure your, Caligula had his own version of American Idol.  We don't know that much about Roman NBC.  The difference being in Caligula's they fed the losers to lions and crocodiles. 
:o

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/14/08 at 3:12 am

I assure your, Caligula had his own version of American Idol.  We don't know that much about Roman NBC.  The difference being in Caligula's the fed the losers to lions and crocodiles.  :o

My reaction to the first season of "Survivor" was along those lines.  Had we finally made The Running Man and Smash TV reality?  Half an hour into the first episode, I flipped to another channel and never bothered to watch another show in the entire genre.  If you're not gonna kill the losing contestants, it's not real reality TV.

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/14/08 at 11:44 am

My reaction to the first season of "Survivor" was along those lines.  Had we finally made The Running Man and Smash TV reality?  Half an hour into the first episode, I flipped to another channel and never bothered to watch another show in the entire genre.  If you're not gonna kill the losing contestants, it's not real reality TV.

Aren't you glad the Writers Strike is over?

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/08 at 2:12 pm

I assure your, Caligula had his own version of American Idol.  We don't know that much about Roman NBC.  The difference being in Caligula's the fed the losers to lions and crocodiles. 
:o

Roman NBC, did have live broadcasts from the Colosseum and the Senate.  Not too happy about that accidental network failure when Julius was being censured by the Senate.  Heard Caligula lowered standards of decency.

Written By: annonymouse on 05/15/08 at 4:08 pm

I feel bad. he's a nice guy. he's just not fit for presidency and never was. unfortunately, he'll be remembered as the biggest joke of a president in american history. poor guy.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/08 at 4:23 pm

I feel bad. he's a nice guy. he's just not fit for presidency and never was. unfortunately, he'll be remembered as the biggest joke of a president in american history. poor guy.

A nice guy my @$$. How can someone be a nice guy when they send thousands off to their deaths for profit? How can someone be a nice guy when they deceive the American public? Unfortunately, too many buy into his deception. The dude is a big, fat liar and in my book, that does not a nice guy make.

Cat

Written By: VegettoVa90 on 05/15/08 at 5:43 pm

A nice guy my @$$. How can someone be a nice guy when they send thousands off to their deaths for profit? How can someone be a nice guy when they deceive the American public? Unfortunately, too many buy into his deception. The dude is a big, fat liar and in my book, that does not a nice guy make.

Cat

I actually do feel bad for the guy, but I can certainly understand why you'd say that. He's just controlled by Dick Cheney and Karl (Marx) Rove, though, and I just wish he could see past those two plagues, but the bottom line is that he's just to dumb to not get fooled by them  :-\\. It's sad really, Dick and Karl should be the ones who go down as jokes.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/08 at 5:52 pm

I actually do feel bad for the guy, but I can certainly understand why you'd say that. He's just controlled by Dick Cheney and Karl (Marx) Rove, though, and I just wish he could see past those two plagues, but the bottom line is that he's just to dumb to not get fooled by them  :-\\. It's sad really, Dick and Karl should be the ones who go down as jokes.

There is absolutely nothing about Rove that is remotely Marxist. Maybe you should read Marx to get a better understanding about him. If you would like, Carlos will give you a reading list.

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/15/08 at 9:03 pm

Cat

I would not say that Bush is a nice guy, but I'm not going to say that he sucks either because...I've never met him nor his cronies nor the Congress that ran his ass for eight years.

Bush never called me up to ask how my day was.
Clinton never came to my house and had lunch with me.
Obama never went to where I work at and asked me how's my job doing.
McCain never hung out with me.

If Bush would've been Fratman, we would have a different point-of-view with him. We'd be partying with him. ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/15/08 at 11:23 pm

Aren't you glad the Writers Strike is over?

With all the "reality" shows on before the strike, how could anyone tell the difference? :)

"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fracking skulls together and congratulate you on the living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!"
  - Bill Hicks, Revelations, ca. 1993. 

He was only 15 years ahead of his time.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/16/08 at 10:26 am

His Dad wasn't fit for the Presidency either.  Being fit for being President has never really mattered much.  Was Hoover fit to be President?  Nixon?

Written By: MrCleveland on 05/18/08 at 6:21 pm

His Dad wasn't fit for the Presidency either.  Being fit for being President has never really mattered much.  Was Hoover fit to be President?  Nixon?

You are right. Now Bush is trying WAY TOO hard and it's far too late to resolve anything.

I think he's going to go back to Crawford (Or Guantanamo) and cry for the rest of his life....And he'll cry even more once he hears that The Comic Book Guy meets-up with him.

Written By: Zeb on 05/20/08 at 10:11 pm

"Go back to bed, America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up, go back to bed America, here is American Gladiators, here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their fracking skulls together and congratulate you on the living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free to do what well tell you! You are free to do what we tell you!"
  - Bill Hicks, Revelations, ca. 1993. 

He was only 15 years ahead of his time.

Indeed he was, and all you have to do is replace AG with the New AG or Idol.

Check for new replies or respond here...