» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: GIRL SCOUTS WON'T GET MY THIN MINTS UNLESS THEY PRY THEM OUT OF MY MOUTH!

Written By: saver on 05/01/08 at 5:17 pm

New reporting a group of Girl Scouts are BIYCOTTING their own product,-SAMOAS and THINMINTS saying it is bad for the envirnonment!
Because they are using palm oil instead of trans fats..they need to cut down palm trees for the oil. 

THEY GOT ME HOOKED, THEY'LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT... 

Subject: Re: GIRL SCOUTS WON'T GET MY THIN MINTS UNLESS THEY PRY THEM OUT OF MY MOUTH!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/08 at 5:28 pm

Gore Scouts?
???

Subject: Re: GIRL SCOUTS WON'T GET MY THIN MINTS UNLESS THEY PRY THEM OUT OF MY MOUTH!

Written By: danootaandme on 05/01/08 at 5:29 pm

Gotta go with the palm oil,  I haven't really enjoyed them for quite a few yearsl, now i know why.  They need palm oil, how about the Washington DC where they can just wipes the greasy palms of lobbyists, plenty for everyone  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/01/08 at 5:38 pm

We luuuuv our junkfood!  The idea is to raise money for the organization.  If they go door-to-door selling Andrew Weill's Groovy Organic Nut Clusters they're gonna lose revenue!  C'mon gals, leave my thin mints and samoas alone!  If they want make the packaging green-friendly, by all means g'head.  Heck, I don't even need the box, just hand me the cookies and I'll scarf 'em down before the door shuts!
:P

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/02/08 at 8:14 pm

NOOOO not the Samoas!!!  My God is nothing sacred.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/02/08 at 9:37 pm

They have even changed the name of Samoas and are now calling them "Caramel Delights" or some such.

Written By: gibbo on 05/02/08 at 9:38 pm

From my cold dead hands..........

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/02/08 at 9:39 pm

They have even changed the name of Samoas and are now calling them "Caramel Delights" or some such.

I think I'm going to be ill. :P

Written By: Dude111 on 05/03/08 at 11:52 am

I hope they dont change anything about THIN MINTS!!

They are my favourite cookie!! (On of them)

Written By: Marian on 05/03/08 at 1:48 pm

New reporting a group of Girl Scouts are BIYCOTTING their own product,-SAMOAS and THINMINTS saying it is bad for the envirnonment!
Because they are using palm oil instead of trans fats..they need to cut down palm trees for the oil. 

THEY GOT ME HOOKED, THEY'LL HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT... 
They need to tell the manufacturer to use a different oil,and one that isn't partially dehydrigenated.My sister doesn't buy Girl Scout cookies for the same reason.

Written By: Marian on 05/03/08 at 1:51 pm

It's time for a traditional Swedish cookie to make it's debut,with real butter,molasses,or honey.The cookies are expensive enough--it's not likely anyone will notice if they're a few bits more.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/05/08 at 7:30 pm

It's time for a traditional Swedish cookie to make it's debut,with real butter,molasses,or honey.The cookies are expensive enough--it's not likely anyone will notice if they're a few bits more.

Different cookie experience.  I know this little Italian bakery....mmmm mmmmm scrrrumptious!  Lots of almond.  Italians love almond in munchies and so do I!  Nope, you can't get that from a factory!

Written By: saver on 05/05/08 at 9:27 pm

Heard  there was a popular pastry you get in Amsterdam-think it is like Luftwaffle or something that you just have to have...
but they sell them all over there.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/11/08 at 4:51 pm

Ain't nothing "light" about those Caramel De's.  ;)

They used to be my favorites and Lord knows I sure did my duty as a loyal Girl Scout and sold several hundreds of boxes of these things in my childhood.

Amazingly we got away with only buying one box of cookies this year (because they accosted us outside the grocery store) and it's still sitting on top of my fridge.  It's Trefoils (which are the little shortbread cookies)

Written By: karen on 05/12/08 at 8:20 am

You all need to move up to Connecticut!

I bought Samoas this year (and very nice they were too)  And I bought Thin Mints (with palm oil).  Not ried them yet so I still had the box to check the ingredients.

I read somewhere that there are two bakeries supplying the cookies to the Girl Socuts.  Perhaps one of them has made the change.

Written By: KKay on 05/12/08 at 11:40 am

I got them.  I ate the box in about 20 minutes.  the Peanut butter ones and the sugar cookies.  yum.

full of palmy goodness. i'll never turn back.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 05/15/08 at 9:47 pm

Did you read about the girl in Michigan that sold 17,000 boxes of cookies?  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080515/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cookie_super_seller_7
The troop is going to Europe on the proceeds of her sales.  Look out Europe, you are being invaded.  Just say no to GS cookies.  lol

Check for new replies or respond here...