» OLD MESSAGE ARCHIVES «
The Pop Culture Information Society...
Messageboard Archive Index, In The 00s - The Pop Culture Information Society

Welcome to the archived messages from In The 00s. This archive stretches back to 1998 in some instances, and contains a nearly complete record of all the messages posted to inthe00s.com. You will also find an archive of the messages from inthe70s.com, inthe80s.com, inthe90s.com and amiright.com before they were combined to form the inthe00s.com messageboard.

If you are looking for the active messages, please click here. Otherwise, use the links below or on the right hand side of the page to navigate the archives.

Custom Search

Subject: Obama gets his head handed to him in W.VA

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/13/08 at 10:58 pm

67% to Clinton
28% to Obama
5% to Mountain Mama, Take Me Home Country Road
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/redblob.gif

Oh, you're no fun anymore!

Subject: Re: Obama gets his head handed to him in W.VA

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/13/08 at 11:40 pm

I probably should be watching the news more but aren't there 2 more states left to vote in the primaries?  And at this point who, if either of them, is more likely to get the Democratic candidate nomination?

Written By: Davester on 05/14/08 at 1:14 am

67% to Clinton
28% to Obama

Whoa!  Nobdy saw that one coming... ::)

Odd thing about West Virginia: it was pretty solidly Democratic until it voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004.  At any rate, probably not exactly a state Obama was counting on...

I probably should be watching the news more but aren't there 2 more states left to vote in the primaries?  And at this point who, if either of them, is more likely to get the Democratic candidate nomination?

Hillary will win 2 more of the remaining states - Kentucky, and Puerto Rico.  Obama will win Oregon, Montana and South Dakota.  In the end Hillary will still be short of Obama by more then 100 pledge delegates, add in the superdelegates, even if the remaining undecided split 70-30 to Clinton, and Obama will still get the nomination...

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 05/14/08 at 1:30 pm

Ever been in West Virgina?  Most of the state reminds you of the back woods of Mississippi, only with more coal dust.  Not to mention that they have virtually no black population.  No this win really doesn't surprise me.  I know they have they have the University in Frostburg, but most of the students are from out of state.  Something about that coal dust and the hillbilly radio stations stunts the growth of brain cells.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/08 at 6:14 pm

Whoa!  Nobdy saw that one coming... ::)

Odd thing about West Virginia: it was pretty solidly Democratic until it voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004.  At any rate, probably not exactly a state Obama was counting on...

Hillary will win 2 more of the remaining states - Kentucky, and Puerto Rico.  Obama will win Oregon, Montana and South Dakota.  In the end Hillary will still be short of Obama by more then 100 pledge delegates, add in the superdelegates, even if the remaining undecided split 70-30 to Clinton, and Obama will still get the nomination...

I agree here, though I'm surprised to hear PR's a state!
:P

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/14/08 at 9:53 pm

it's the third state Hillary won with a 20% margin too!!!

compared to the 20 or so states that Obama won by that same margin.  :D

Hillary has one state all sewn up.  The state of denial.

Written By: Davester on 05/14/08 at 10:15 pm

I agree here, though I'm surprised to hear PR's a state!

Oops the state thing.  Thanks for not swiftboating me...

They've switched from a caucus to a primary (June 1st).  Were we all aware of that?  I wasn't until recently...

Stagflation... :)

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/14/08 at 10:32 pm

Hmmm....so then, when Hillary says she still expects to receive the Democratic nomination....what she really means is she expects Obama to mysteriously disappear because that is her only hope ::)

Written By: Davester on 05/14/08 at 11:33 pm

Hmmm....so then, when Hillary says she still expects to receive the Democratic nomination....what she really means is she expects Obama to mysteriously disappear because that is her only hope ::)

If Obama isn't our 44th president I'll eat my hat...

I hope you're not disappointed...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/14/08 at 11:44 pm

I hope I'm not your hat!

Written By: Davester on 05/14/08 at 11:45 pm

I hope I'm not your hat!

Would you like to be..? ;D

Written By: QueenAmenRa on 05/15/08 at 6:40 am

Nope not disappointed at all.  If Hillary is the next president I would leave the country lol. 

Actually I don't really "like" any of the candidates, but I would like to see Obama win this.  Though I'm a registered Republican (please don't kill me! lol) I really don't much care for McCain.  While I don't agree with a lot of what Obama stands for, I don't know how powerful he would be....Hillary on the other hand scares me and plus she basically had her 8 years running the country while Bill was president  :D

Written By: Tia on 05/15/08 at 1:33 pm

Though I'm a registered Republican (please don't kill me! lol) don't worry, republicans for obama are my favorite people ever

Written By: annonymouse on 05/15/08 at 4:12 pm

67% to Clinton
28% to Obama

'bout time she got a win. sad to say though, she's bound to lose.

Check for new replies or respond here...